Clown takes a prat fall

shortcuts
shortcuts Posts: 366
edited August 2015 in The cake stop
I make no comment or judgement on the cyclist but the reaction of the car driver and the ending of the video had me chuckling away to myself :D
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2PFRdEUN240

Comments

• lesfirth
    lesfirth Posts: 1,382
    That is an Olympic class dive. People will be asking me all day, "what are you chuckling about".
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    Should have been wearing an helmet.
  • VTech
    VTech Posts: 4,736
    Cyclist is very lucky he didn't get hurt. He was quite clearly a wind up merchant with almost certainly no minerals to back himself up with. He goaded the driver who was obviously very irate and wound him up more.
    Very silly.
    Living MY dream.
  • shortcuts
    shortcuts Posts: 366
    Cyclist is very lucky he didn't get hurt. He was quite clearly a wind up merchant with almost certainly no minerals to back himself up with. He goaded the driver who was obviously very irate and wound him up more.
    Very silly.
    Hard to disagree but the post was more for fun in the video than my passing judgement on the cyclists behaviour. No need to over think it IMO :D

Still chuckling here :lol:
  • The way he hit the deck he could have broken his collar bone, a classic cycling injury, oh the irony if he had.
    Tail end Charlie

The above post may contain traces of sarcasm or/and bullsh*t.
  • VTech
    VTech Posts: 4,736
    Very silly.
    Hard to disagree but the post was more for fun in the video than my passing judgement on the cyclists behaviour. No need to over think it IMO :D

Still chuckling here :lol:

Sorry, I wasn't having a pop at the post, and the video was well worth the watch. I often get worked up and at a fast rate and watching that clip puts things into reality from a different view.
    OK, I dont argue with people in real life like the bike/driver does but it does show how quickly things can escalate in real life. We do often hear of cases where two people have started their day without a care in the world and one ends up dead at the hands of the other. People on both side argue for their chosen person but the truth is, without the quick escalation of anger one would not be dead and the other would not be looking at a 30 stretch.
    Living MY dream.
  • kingstongraham
    kingstongraham Posts: 26,123
    "Is that what it says in the highway code?"

Priceless answer.
  • Walls82
    Walls82 Posts: 126
    Cynic in me thinks this is fake - two cameras and non stop badgering of the driver the pass didn't even look that close, it reminds me of this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3jxQV3Umhr4 I wouldn't waste your time watching all of it, middle and end will give you the idea.
  • verylonglegs
    verylonglegs Posts: 3,949
    Really don't think that's fake with a near face plant like that and it's now got a privacy complaint against it it seems so I'm guessing the guy in question has seen he's on there.
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,216
    cyclists with camera = real life troll
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,348
    Driver has been hit with a public disorder offence thingum (I think i saw it on road.cc) which is probably fair enough
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    cyclists with camera = real life troll

Not often I agree with Rick but what is it with these people?
    I suppose you could justify wearing a camera if you were involved in an accident and wanted to show fault (apart from if you are to blame obviously :wink: ), but the people who post video on the net appear to be total bellends. To film yourself chasing after someone to remonstrate over a minor 'incident' shows muppetry of the first order.
    I have been driving for over 30 years and of course people have p1ssed me off. I dare say I have pissed others off sometimes. I have never felt the need to stop, get out the car and remonstrate. A tut and a muttered ' w@nker' usually suffices. Same on a bike. GET A LIFE!
  • I agree. It's tempting to catch up for a word with someone who's cut you up, passed too close etc, but I've never done it because the stress of the shouting match would far outweigh the satisfaction of pointing out their errors. And of course you never know if they're going to turn genuinely nasty. (The line I'd like to use if I had the nerve would be "did you need special training to be a moron, or is it just a natural talent?")

As for the angry man in this clip, the combination of his stumpy little legs and huge gut made his tumble all but inevitable, due to the effect they must have on his centre of gravity. He probably falls over a lot.
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,216
    Something to do with the feeling of protection & power it gives I suspect.

"Nerr nerr you can't do anything because it's all on camera"

Eventually people start pushing what they can do.
  • shmo
    shmo Posts: 321
    That video has nearly 5 million views on it which is probably earning the uploader a decent sum in youtube revenue. If it's not a set-up then the cyclist may well know that a more irate driver results in more views (just look at his upload history) so continued to wind him up for some extra profit. I suppose the risk is one day he gets stabbed after provoking a complete psycho but until then it's all gravy.
  • mamba80
    mamba80 Posts: 5,032
    Something to do with the feeling of protection & power it gives I suspect.

"Nerr nerr you can't do anything because it's all on camera"

Eventually people start pushing what they can do.

as more and more cyclists use cameras, would nt it have the opposite effect on bad driving/behavior? as drivers start to realise they can get into serious trouble.

and no i dont have one.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,207
    I've got a camera but yet to fit it. However, what I don't get with these videos is - if you are that upset by a driver's behaviour and have it on camera then surely you take the footage to the police rather than post it on YouTube? The reason I got one was for evidence if I do end up knocked off or if I genuinely thought someone had done something to endanger my safety (especially if deliberate) to report as above. The police have plenty of powers if you can give them proof which can include confiscating and crushing an offending driver's car which would give much more satisfaction than getting into a slanging match with a potential psycho.

That said I did enjoy seeing this particular muppet literally fall flat on his face and also witness the arsehole cyclist cack his chamois at being chased by a grossly overweight elderly bloke!
  • rpherts
    rpherts Posts: 207
    Why is he riding his bike rapidly on a narrow suburban pavement?