Jersey with zip pocket reccomendations

murphy's law
murphy's law Posts: 13
edited August 2015 in Road buying advice
Can anyone reccomend a summer jersey with a zip pocket big enough to hold an iPhone, or just point me towards brands that have this feature in their jerseys. Thanks.

Comments

• Elfed
    Elfed Posts: 459
    I always put my phone in my back pocket, unzipped, it's going to take a massive pothole for it to bounce out, if at all.
    In all my years of riding my phone has stayed firmly in my unzipped back pocket.
  • redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    The jerseys I've got with zipped pockets are not big enough for an iPhone. My phone stays in my middle pocket and hasn't come out in all the years I've ridden with it but this is a normal sized mobile, not the iPhone which grows with each incarnation.
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • grenw
    grenw Posts: 803
    I wear a Gore Alp-x Jersey in the warmer weather. It's a MTB Jersey but is a slim fit. Zip pocket on the chest is more than big enough for almost any phone (Nexus 5 in a neoprene case here) and then 2 pockets and a pump pocket at the back and 2 more pockets at the sides.

Carried everything I needed for a 100 miler yesterday.
  • kajjal
    kajjal Posts: 3,380
    I always put my phone in my back pocket, unzipped, it's going to take a massive pothole for it to bounce out, if at all.
    In all my years of riding my phone has stayed firmly in my unzipped back pocket.

Do exactly the same in my short sleeve jersey. Anything worn over it is just extra assurance.

To the OP what sort of build are you, as this decides which are suitable?

I am very tall and not very slim so wear gore's clothing mainly except for castelli tights.
  • mrb123
    mrb123 Posts: 4,616
    I have a Mavic Espoir jersey which had a zipped pocket big enough for a Samsung Galaxy s5 which is bigger than an IPhone. It's a really good summer weight jersey, normally available at a decent discount. They do it in regular and pro fits too.
  • pastryboy
    pastryboy Posts: 1,385
    You can get 'grippy' bags that go in an ordinary jersey pocket and shouldn't slip at all for this.
  • Endura do a few jerseys with sipped rear pocket..and I can confirm, iPhone 5 in an Ecove zip up case fits easily…and like you..that extra bit of security is one less "whittle" albeit I accept what other posters say, it would need to be an excessive spill or potty to bounce it out of the shirt..mind you I live in Sheffield..we have pottys with their own postcode round here!!!!
  • fenix
    fenix Posts: 5,437
    Never lost a phone from my unzipped pocket in years of cycling. If the impact is that big - you're crashing anyway. Put it in some kind of pouch or bag though. Sweat and hi tech isnt a good mix.