Fryday

Flâneur
Flâneur Posts: 3,081
edited August 2015 in The bottom bracket
Well Arran has been back and stuck it out
Nobody has been banned and cityboy is back
My bike still isn't clean (chain squeaked last night so this may be a a me job)
Pub lunch with the cricket today as a I burn off TOIL followed by a 4 pm departure to the pub again
Friend got his new bike (new rider got himself a defy advanced pro1) can't wait for him to have a clipping fall.

Sunny and Breezy

Stevo Pics or the girls don't exist.
Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
Crudder
CX
Toy

Comments

• homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 8,002
    Urgh, beer...

Apparently MrsHD is never drinking prosecco ever ever again and I'm contemplating having a dry friday. I'm also wondering if 9.30 os too early to eat my lunch.

I'm sure this feeling will last until about 3pm then hangovers become redundant.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • slowmart
    slowmart Posts: 4,480
    Bacon, egg and brown sauce sandwich sent for and details of a sizable funds transfer coming in which is much better than leaving the account. Some warm and illuminating content.

Schedule of works to complete and comms and execution plan to start. A ride this evening is called for to hit my monthly mileage target and its my favourite evening of the week.

To state the obvious, it's sunny, warmish and Friday :D and I'm wondering if someone is going to dump on the day in some way as it's going far too well...
    “Give a man a fish and feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and feed him for a lifetime. Teach a man to cycle and he will realize fishing is stupid and boring”

Desmond Tutu
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,316
    Just procrastinating me. I'll let you know if anything half interesting happens. Half a bottle of vino blanco Italiano hasn't sat well with the head.
    Windows 10 will be installed at 12pm. God help me.

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,859
    Porridge breakfast just isn't the same

Sat in Solihull waiting for a meeting, hope to get away at a reasonable time because Friday's are family pub night (unlike last night when we went with friends) ;)
  • chris_bass
    chris_bass Posts: 4,913
    Pretty cold start here but nice and bright, would have been a lovely December morning!

I'm also sat in Solihull but have no meetings so i guess I win!

also, it is the last day of the month so i'll have to try and find something to spend the 10% BC discount on at chainreaction. It's a hard life!
    www.conjunctivitis.com - a site for sore eyes
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 8,002
    I've got a skip on the drive, a wheelbarrow, a spade and about two tonnes of dirt to move.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • tlw1
    Pretty cold start here but nice and bright, would have been a lovely December morning!

I'm also sat in Solihull but have no meetings so i guess I win!

also, it is the last day of the month so i'll have to try and find something to spend the 10% BC discount on at chainreaction. It's a hard life!

Where abouts are you? I'm near trw
  • chris_bass
    chris_bass Posts: 4,913
    My office is not far from the train station, what's trw?

looks nice outside! glad I brought the good bike to work today!
    www.conjunctivitis.com - a site for sore eyes
  • verylonglegs
    verylonglegs Posts: 3,954
    I've got a skip on the drive, a wheelbarrow, a spade and about two tonnes of dirt to move.

You need a man servant.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,422
    OK, if you can post a few pics of 'date girl' so we know she's not just an Ann Summers 'Wimbledon Inflatable' special edition, I'll do a bit of internet 'research' and see what I can find on Miss Argentina.

Back on the recruitment trail today after potential minion got counter offered by another company, so more interviews etc. Deep joy. Meanwhile at home Stopteen and Strifey are dragging me out tomorrow afternoon to look at buying a puppy - I can feel my wallet twitching now.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • verylonglegs
    Back on the recruitment trail today after potential minion got counter offered by another company, so more interviews etc. Deep joy. Meanwhile at home Stopteen and Strifey are dragging me out tomorrow afternoon to look at buying a puppy - I can feel my wallet twitching now.

It's not so much the cash, it's when they lose interest and you are the one who has to walk it before going to work everyday.
  • Stevo_666

It's not so much the cash, it's when they lose interest and you are the one who has to walk it before going to work everyday.
    Already factored that in and expecting a some on-going negotiations. That said, she genuinely loves dogs and animals generally and tbh I quite like the idea of having one anyway.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • verylonglegs
    That's good then, I grew up in a home where we always had dogs and they were great. I have know some people to get caught in the situation I outlined earlier and it does cause issues.
  • Flâneur
    what type of hound you looking for Stevo?
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • pinno

Maybe we should offer up some suggestions:

Er... Dachshund. He like sausages.
  • team47b
    team47b Posts: 6,424
    I've got a skip on the drive, a wheelbarrow, a spade and about two tonnes of pies to move.

FTFY :wink:
    my isetta is a 300cc bike
  • Stevo_666
    I'm not choosing the hound, Stropteen is doing that with me having a veto on any daft choices. She's going to see a 'Cockapoo' (cue Finbarr Saunders gags) - cross between a cocker spaniel and a miniature poodle. Bit of a soft looking thing but it's a sensible choice for our circumstances.
  • pinno
    I'm not choosing the hound, Stropteen is doing that with me having a veto on any daft choices. She's going to see a 'Cockapoo' (cue Finbarr Saunders gags) - cross between a cocker spaniel and a miniature poodle. Bit of a soft looking thing but it's a sensible choice for our circumstances.

How 'Chelsea'. :roll:
  • Stevo_666
    Quite appropriate as we'll be there a week tomorrow to support our team, unlike these plastic footy fans who never go anywhere near the clubs they claim to support :wink:

Anyway, you need to speak to Stropteen about mutt selection - she would probably do you a bit of damage though, she's got enough metal in her gob to put Richard Kiel to shame. And an attitude to match...
  • pinno
    Quite appropriate as we'll be there a week tomorrow to support our team, unlike these plastic footy fans who never go anywhere near the clubs they claim to support :wink:

Anyway, you need to speak to Stropteen about mutt selection - she would probably do you a bit of damage though, she's got enough metal in her gob to put Richard Kiel to shame. And an attitude to match...

Choose the mutt for her, it would be a surprise. Why not go to Battersea? (serious question).
  • Stevo_666
    edited July 2015
    She has some clear views on what she wants, so fair play to her. Happy for her to make decisions like this - within reason.

We know a few people who got rescue dogs and the less experienced dog owners had problems. We're first time hound owners and want to play safe - choose the breed and train it ourselves. I did suggest the idea of a rescue dog but got voted down on that one.

1, 2, 3, awww...

8beautiful-cockapoo-puppies-for-sale-51c6ebd220008.JPG
  • slowmart
    slowmart Posts: 4,480
    dazzle_eva_flowers.jpg

These puppies are more fun

hqdefault.jpg
    “Give a man a fish and feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and feed him for a lifetime. Teach a man to cycle and he will realize fishing is stupid and boring”

Desmond Tutu
  • tlw1
    My office is not far from the train station, what's trw?

looks nice outside! glad I brought the good bike to work today!

By the Audi dealership and the village hotel
  • Flâneur
    serious note make sure you get insurance from the start, having just had them pay the 1500 for the suspected poisoning of my hounds.

I like Russian Terriers for th fluffy look. But fair shout on the logic of picking and I also appreciate living in certain locations changes what you should own. I'm lucky with a beach, country parks and hills on my doorstep. Plus a house mate whose hours mean I can work late and a mother who lives far too close.
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • pinno
    serious note make sure you get insurance from the start, having just had them pay the 1500 for the suspected poisoning of my hounds.

I like...close.

Not the bloody Russians again?

Care to elaborate?
  • Flâneur
    Well as a rival to the matchup manliless of Putin.

Waiting for the full reports back but she must have scavenged something but the suspicion is it was laced with rat poison or something due to what happened to her (pretty close to dying with kidney failure, dehydrated, haemorrhaging etc). Not 100% sure though, just a spate of similar symptoms in other dogs where some died. Some odd people around if it was

Cheaper bill than the horses mind
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • pinno

Waiting for the full reports back but she must have scavenged something but the suspicion is it was laced with rat poison or something due to what happened to her (pretty close to dying with kidney failure, dehydrated, haemorrhaging etc). Not 100% sure though, just a spate of similar symptoms in other dogs where some died. Some odd people around if it was

Dog's getting poisoned with bated Pheasants is common up here. Game keepers and Farmers try to get rid of Buzzards and Hen Harriers. When I was a lad, I worked on a farm/equestrian centre (not that I did much on the Equestrian side but watching the girls in their Jodhpurs go by was good), we raraely if ever had lambs taken by birds of prey unless they were prem or tiny.

You have horses? Equine insurance is expensive I hear. Stevo loves playing 'Cowboys and Indians'.
  • Stevo_666
    When I lived in South London a while back, there were a couple of local blokes who were brothers in the building trade and originally came from somewhere in India. On the side of their van it said "You've tried the Cowboys, now try the Indians" :D
  • Flâneur

Dog's getting poisoned with bated Pheasants is common up here. Game keepers and Farmers try to get rid of Buzzards and Hen Harriers. When I was a lad, I worked on a farm/equestrian centre (not that I did much on the Equestrian side but watching the girls in their Jodhpurs go by was good), we raraely if ever had lambs taken by birds of prey unless they were prem or tiny.

You have horses? Equine insurance is expensive I hear. Stevo loves playing 'Cowboys and Indians'.

some girls look good,others just have fat arses from sitting around. I've got two but loaned out to a friend as I have no time for them. Isn't all insurance just expensive. I am lucky though, i've got one of the best equine vets on my doorstep.

Yeah I'm also aware she may have raided someones garden bin and all sorts, hence the suspicion rather than the certain. Don't have a problem with game keepers here, nothing like that around here.
    I've got no wagons to circle, just two horses
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy