Top Gear trio sign new contract.

VTech
VTech Posts: 4,736
edited August 2015 in The cake stop
Contrary to the abuse I got when I stated that the trio would be making a new show together and the offer of a bet I couldn't lose but refrained from taking as I didn't want his money, it seems I was right all along.

The Top Gear trio, together with friend and part business owner Andy Wilman, the four will be making the show with Amazon and be using the company I mentioned at the start as the media corp for the deal.

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/top-gear-trio-sign-deal-amazon-car-show-100353281.html#3pfTKLM

I do expect, and welcome the claims that I am still wrong when obviously 100% right but I'm good with that, I know there are people on here who have family that worked on the show and confirmed to me on forum threads that I was wrong even though I knew I was right but anyway, the money grabbing "legend" that is Jeremy Clarkson is 100% the winner here and I still feel sorry for all of those people who signed petitions thinking he was mistreated when truth way, he was looking for a bigger payday and was laughing, happily in the knowledge that he had shafted no only his work colleagues but the public who put him on the pedestal he was smugly perched upon.
Living MY dream.

Comments

• ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,348
    edited July 2015
    No

you said Clarkson punched Osmin (?) in order to force the BBC to break his contract - on that there is still absolutely zero evidence in your favour and therefore the third part of your post is yet more nonsense

That they would be picked up again but another broadcaster flipping fast we agreed on from the start, if the BBC were forced/stupid* enough to let them go, there were plenty of other broadcasters with no such standards/problems*

jog on, you are still wrong

I'm surprised by Amazon Prime though, I would have expected a much bigger service to have got there first, but hey ho

(*delete as appropriate)
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • chris_bass
    chris_bass Posts: 4,913
    You said they had planned the whole thing to end their contract early and drum up some nice free advertising for the contracts they had already agreed and had a new show that was pretty much ready to be recorded if i remember correctly.

so in what way could this not have all happened, and happened much more easily, without the punching thing?

I don't think many people said the three of them would never work together again, that was fairly obvious wasn't it?

The thing most people had issue with was that the punching incident was engineered to enable them to do it more quickly, rather than waiting 3 weeks until the trio's bbc contract was due to end anyway.

what did they gain from punching the producer?
    www.conjunctivitis.com - a site for sore eyes
  • VTech
    How is it obvious ?
    People on this forum quoted May/Hammond as saying they have no plans to work as a trio whilst I argued the case by explaining about the new media company JC had in the background, the same one that holds this new contract for the 3 of them together with the director.

The punching of the guy at the hotel was only part of it, JC had done countless things which is clear to anyone with half a brain that would potentially end his contract. Anyone happy in their work would never act like this. Then you add the fact that JC made the claim AGAINST HIMSELF and orsin never did, neither did anyone else at the hotel.

Why would I jog on ? Anyone can see what has happened here, no conspiracy theory, just a control freak who has ruined many peoples lives (staff on the show with mortgages and families and no job to walk into) and hasn't a care in the world.

I accept that you want to argue with me, you do on every subject and I like it, it humours me but how anyone can deny that the only winner here is JC. He executed his career exit from the BBC very well and now owns his show again.
    Living MY dream.
  • ddraver
    tin_foil_hat-218x300.gif
    - @ddraver
  • chris_bass
    But why did he have to punch anyone? His contract was up in three weeks, he clearly didn't have anything lined up ready to go or why is he waiting until next year? which will be 12 months later?

Pretty much everyone accepted they would work together again.
  • craigus89
    craigus89 Posts: 887
    Who gives a monkeys if you were right? But thanks for telling us the news.

Amazon, urgh.
  • chris_bass
    So you agree that the punch was due to difficulties in his personal life and nothing to do with trying to escape the BBC? Regardless of how you think he spun it afterwards.

And no one is arguing that the three of them would work together again.
  • ddraver
    If I could be arsed to find the thread again I'd quote my post about you thinking you re right regardless of what anyone ever said/says...
    - @ddraver
  • bikes`n`guns
    bikes`n`guns Posts: 959
    None of this will make them worth watching though.
    Trek,,,, too cool for school ,, apparently
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,608
    None of this will make them worth watching though.

Too right. That last cobbled together episode was so poor. Not caravans again please.

C'mon Evans, entertain us.
  • Velonutter
    Velonutter Posts: 2,437
    Gents I have moved one of Vtechs posts to the Mod section not because I disagree with it but because it may have contained some potentially libellous comments that would have left Immediate Publishing having to answer to JC's legal team.

Please all remember that this is an open forum if there are contentious points then keep them to PM's away from the public.

Thanks.
  • turbotommy
    turbotommy Posts: 493
    Errr Vtech, to be fair the bet I suggested stated they wouldn't sign for a major British broadcasting network. I was thinking about the terrestrial channels, sky and virgin. Amazon prime is an Internet streaming site. It's the reason I said you make some silly statements at times. As does anyone who tries to deal in absolutes.

I'm not sure why exactly you feel vindicated? It was odds on they would work together again, hence why I wanted big odds. Also them signing a deal doesn't prove that clarkson engineered his release by hitting someone. As seemed to be the thrust of many of your arguments?
    Cannondale caad7 ultegra
    S-works Tarmac sl5 etap
    Colnago c64 etap wifli
    Brother Swift
  • slowmart
    slowmart Posts: 4,474
    I don't know who has the larger ego. JC or the OP.

What sort of person starts a thread stating they were right?

:roll:
    “Give a man a fish and feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and feed him for a lifetime. Teach a man to cycle and he will realize fishing is stupid and boring”

Desmond Tutu
  • VTech
    I don't know who has the larger ego. JC or the OP.

What sort of person starts a thread stating they were right?

:roll:

The same person who wastes so much of his valuable time arguing with someone for the sake of it ?
    Living MY dream.
  • chris_bass
    Gents I have moved one of Vtechs posts to the Mod section not because I disagree with it but because it may have contained some potentially libellous comments that would have left Immediate Publishing having to answer to JC's legal team.

Please all remember that this is an open forum if there are contentious points then keep them to PM's away from the public.

Thanks.

you should have left it there and let JC sue VTec and then we'd see if he was right or not in the eyes of the law!!
  • VTech

Thanks.

you should have left it there and let JC sue VTec and then we'd see if he was right or not in the eyes of the law!!

There would be no legal case against me for what I wrote, I know a damn site more about the case that I haven't wrote. JC is a bad person, if he wants to sue me for stating that he cost people their jobs, that he used his "fame" to shaft his wife by screwing around with many women whilst married, that he was rude and obnoxious and that he didn't actually do many of the driving features the show claims he did then fine. There will only be one winner.

In life I find things very simple, you can be good, you can be bad but anyone who messes around behind their wives back is bad, it shows a lack of care, a lack of self respect and respect for others.
    I am not a good looking man but get the offer of women all the time due to the cars I drive, for all these women know, I could have rented them but regardless of that, they still throw theirselfs at me. I never respond, and thats because I have a wife and children who all love me and I wouldn't risk any of that for a moments fun.

JC didn't care about his wife, he didn't care about his colleagues, he was a multi millionaire who didn't have a mortgage like the guys/gals on the show, I know of at least 1 person on the show who has had to sell his house since the show stopped, there was no package for them all to stay with the BBC as it was a media group who did the work for the BBC and many staff were freelance but on permanent contracts to be ready for the show.

It made me cringe when I saw on social media about how everyone felt sorry for him, imagine how his wife felt when he even tried to limit his net worth in order to not pay here what she was rightfully owed.

I would welcome any of the usual group who like to argue with me to forward this post of mine to his media corp (I am sure a few here would really love to think they have one over me) but have the balls to say you have done it, I honestly won't take offence, it would show backbone at least :mrgreen:
    Living MY dream.
  • chris_bass
    TLDR
  • ddraver
    You are a very poor loser VTech...
    - @ddraver
  • VTech
    You are a very poor loser VTech...

Not at all, I've won and lost in life and take both as they come, as I said, I know a lot more about this than many here and some would be stupid for me to post but what I have written is truthful, I am still awaiting anyone with even a line of thought as to why JC didn't implement this course with intention.
    The only beneficiary is JC (and group) and only JC made a complaint, against himself.

As I have said, there is more to this but loser in this instance I am not, JC had done a very good business move, problem is, morally it is very poor and many have suffered.
    The problem you have is that you would rather argue with me at every point rather than accepting what is blindly obvious. I am good with that, we are not friends, your views are as important to me as mine are to you (well maybe not) I just dislike people who use others to get what they want.
    Living MY dream.
  • chris_bass
    Do you think JC engineered the punch to get out of his contract with the BBC instead of finishing the series (a lot of which was already filmed) and leaving a few weeks later?

yes or no is fine
  • craigus89
    craigus89 Posts: 887
    So is this thread here for Vtech to gloat or to talk about the show?
  • VTech
    Do you think JC engineered the punch to get out of his contract with the BBC instead of finishing the series (a lot of which was already filmed) and leaving a few weeks later?

yes or no is fine

On reflection I think the punch was just an extension of his demeanour of treating people he worked with, viewing others as a lower level and of less importance. Do I think he used the punch to get out of his contract, HELL YES.
    He made the claim against himself, no one else made any claim against him and his contract locked him in to talks with the BBC over extensions to his contract but a saying broke the contract leaving him free to move on.
    Living MY dream.
  • ddraver
    but what I have written is truthful,

No, what you have written can never be proved wrong becasue you can't prove a negative. Not the same thing
    I am still awaiting anyone with even a line of thought as to why JC didn't implement this course with intention..

Again no you re not. This has been said a gazillion times....becasue he was narked off after a crap day, lashed out at an innocent and then felt terribly guilty. As I imagine we all would after losing our temper in such a way.

If your friends worked in TV then they should know better than anyone else about what a transient business it is. ESPECIALLY if they worked on a show that was out of contract in a few weeks. I feel bad for them but it sounds like they could've planned rather better...

You have behaved rather poorly and lost this time, it would be better for you if you just let it go. Most of us had forgotten all about this until you brought it up
    - @ddraver
  • slowmart
    I'm at a loss V Tech

1. JC would have been out of contract in three weeks after the incident. If you're correct why didn't he let the contract run down?

At best you have a narrow and shallow view and from you comments they fall short of informed and at best your narrative is hearsay.

BTW I don't argue much especially on a forum and the fact you felt it necessary to start another thread on the same subject doesn't portray you in a great light. But knock yourself out if you feel the need. :wink:
    “Give a man a fish and feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and feed him for a lifetime. Teach a man to cycle and he will realize fishing is stupid and boring”

Desmond Tutu
  • VTech
    I'm at a loss V Tech

1. JC would have been out of contract in three weeks after the incident. If you're correct why didn't he let the contract run down?

At best you have a narrow and shallow view and from you comments they fall short of informed and at best your narrative is hearsay.

BTW I don't argue much especially on a forum and the fact you felt it necessary to start another thread on the same subject doesn't portray you in a great light. But knock yourself out if you feel the need. :wink:

You need to read my replies, it explains why he was better off being sacked very clearly.
    I posted here as I was both bored and had read it on the news again which brought it to my mind.
    Im not sure this thread would change the way anyone would honestly think of me do you ?
    Those that like to argue with me will continue to argue, those that like my frank views will continue to like my frank views.
    Either way, it isn't going to effect anyone here for longer than a few seconds before they hit the X to close the thread.
    Living MY dream.
  • slowmart
    [/quote]

Im not sure this thread would change the way anyone would honestly think of me do you ?
    Those that like to argue with me will continue to argue, those that like my frank views will continue to like my frank views.
    .[/quote]

Other than personal attacks on JC and hearsay, no you haven't explained at all why he's better of having in effect three shows terminated at the end of a contract rather than letting the contract run its course and seeking better commercial terms elsewhere? I don't see this as an argument nor do I seek validation before others so please get over yourself. Why should anyone care, let alone mention numerous times what anyone else thinks of them personally on a internet forum? It doesn't matter. A bit like JC and the other stooges :wink:

Desmond Tutu