RockShox Reverb

benvendetta
benvendetta Posts: 13
edited July 2015 in MTB buying advice
I am considering replacing my Crank Bros Joplin dropper seatpost with a RS Reverb which will be far easier to use on the trail. The control lever will go on the left but I gather that some people use a right hand lever on the left but inverted rather than one specifically designed for the left side. Can someone give me the pros and cons of both ways?
Cheers,
Dave
Turner 5 Spot (Shimano XTR/XT/Saint)
Planet X Pro Carbon (Shimano Ultegra)
Cannondale CAAD9 (Shimano Tiagra)
Boardman Hybrid Team (Sram Apex)

Comments

• lostboysaint
    lostboysaint Posts: 4,250
    It's designed to go under the bars. If you have shifters both sides it can be awkward and a bit busy, so it's easier/tidier to mount the seat remote USD on the "other" side if you see what I mean.

I run 2 x 9 on my full suss and have a LHS Reverb seat remote usd on the right hand bar.

I run 1 x 10 on my hardtail so have plenty of space under the left bar for the seat remote.

Only downside to mounting USD is that if/when you turn your bike over to work on it then it's the first thing that it rests on.
    Trail fun - Transition Bandit
    Road - Wilier Izoard Centaur/Cube Agree C62 Disc
    Allround - Cotic Solaris
  • PXR5
    PXR5 Posts: 203
    S'funny I thought the actuator push button mounted on top of the bars, which was one of the criticisms, in that if you go for a huge off its somewhat unprotected and can get damaged, or if you flip your bike upside down to work on it it will rest on the button.
    For this reasons its common to switch it over to the opposite side and mount it underneath the bars.

Anyway mine is mounted on top simply because its all part of a SRAM matchmaker bundle and I cant see how it can be mounted below with matchmaker as there is not enough room with the shifter mechanism in place..

I believe there might even be different version so check on SRAMs website
    Every time I go out, I think I'm being checked out, faceless people watching on a TV screen.....
  • poah
    poah Posts: 3,369
    the current meta AM is under 30lb is it not.
  • Angus Young
    Angus Young Posts: 3,063
    the current meta AM is under 30lb is it not.

Wrong thread, perhaps?
    All the gear, no idea and loving the smell of jealousy in the morning.
    Kona Process 134 viewtopic.php?f=10017&t=12994607
  • S'funny I thought the actuator push button mounted on top of the bars, which was one of the criticisms, in that if you go for a huge off its somewhat unprotected and can get damaged, or if you flip your bike upside down to work on it it will rest on the button.
    For this reasons its common to switch it over to the opposite side and mount it underneath the bars.

Anyway mine is mounted on top simply because its all part of a SRAM matchmaker bundle and I cant see how it can be mounted below with matchmaker as there is not enough room with the shifter mechanism in place..

I believe there might even be different version so check on SRAMs website

That is what I thought too, hence the question. If it is common practice then I guess I should get the right one but mount it upside down on the left side of the bar to avoid potential damage in a stack situation (maybe the least of my worries, LOL!)
    Turner 5 Spot (Shimano XTR/XT/Saint)
    Planet X Pro Carbon (Shimano Ultegra)
    Cannondale CAAD9 (Shimano Tiagra)
    Boardman Hybrid Team (Sram Apex)
  • JBA
    JBA Posts: 2,852
    The Reverb actuator is designed to go above the handlebar. Some people put them on upsidedown on the opposite side in order to protect it from knocks and damage if the bike is turned over and rested on the bars. However, if you do this you loose the ability to utilise the matchmaker facility.
    “Life has been unfaithful
    And it all promised so so much”

Giant Trance 2 27.5 2016 ¦ Sonder Broken Road 2021¦ Giant Revolt Advanced 2 2019 ¦ Giant Toughtroad SLR 1 2019 ¦ Giant Anthem 3 2015 ¦ Specialized Myka Comp FSR 2009
  • Myster101
    Myster101 Posts: 856
    I ordered a rhs actuator so I could put it usd on the left. Keeps it out of the way and it's a great position to use it (well for me anyway). I run 1x10 so also have plenty of room that side.

No problem when flipping bike usd as well.

Scott Genius MC 30 RIP
    Nukeproof Mega AM 275 Comp
    Cube LTD Rigid Commuter
    Ribble 7005 Sportive