Help with La Passione Sizing

designman
designman Posts: 405
edited November 2015 in Road buying advice
Looking at buying myself some La Passione Bib Shorts and Jersey, but need help in the sizing if possible please, I am 5' 11", 32 inch waist, 37 inch chest, weigh 65kg.
I normally take medium in Assos and Castelli Bib Shorts.
Any help would be much appreciated, Thanks.

Comments

• mfin
    mfin Posts: 6,729
    Go through this thread, talked about lots http://www.bikeradar.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=40042&t=13028668
  • Dalb
    Dalb Posts: 6
    Wore my summer jersey and bibshorts at the weekend-Comfy snug fit with no flappage and positive comments at the Caff! :D
    Height 6ft 1in,weight 11st 10lb,chest 39in,waist 33in
    Suspect you'd be a medium but stay away from the Golden Arches.
  • daniel_b
    daniel_b Posts: 11,583
    Looking at buying myself some La Passione Bib Shorts and Jersey, but need help in the sizing if possible please, I am 5' 11", 32 inch waist, 37 inch chest, weigh 65kg.
    I normally take medium in Assos and Castelli Bib Shorts.
    Any help would be much appreciated, Thanks.

Hi there,

you are basically the same dimensions as me, but 2kg lighter.

I wear the Small size, 99% sure that would be the right size for you, although mine are snug but I like them that way.

Maybe drop them an e-mail and see what they recommend.
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Marin Palisades Trail 91 and 06
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Cannondale Synapse Adventure 15 & 16 Di2
    Scott Foil 18
  • bobinski
    bobinski Posts: 570
    I am 5 10, 70 kilo's 39 chest and 34 waist and they recommended the large. They are a snug fit, lovely though. Very comfortable over 200 miles at the weekend.
  • rafletcher
    rafletcher Posts: 1,235
    So, 3 blokes the "same" size as the OP, and in that a small, a medium and a large! Classic :D
  • designman
    designman Posts: 405
    According to the lapassione website, I'm a size Small in the Summer Jersey and Size Medium in the Summer Bib Shorts.
  • daniel_b
    daniel_b Posts: 11,583
    So, 3 blokes the "same" size as the OP, and in that a small, a medium and a large! Classic :D

In fairness, the first chap is 74kg, so not really the same size.

In hindsight you do not say what your inside leg is - mine is 34" and I have a shorter upper torso, hence I have to go for a smaller size than I might like to ensure the straps are tight enough to hold the pad.

Assuming your proportions are more even (?) then it sounds like it probably is medium that would be best.

I think people that have e-mailed them for suggestions, as far as I am aware, have come away with the right sizes.
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Marin Palisades Trail 91 and 06
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Cannondale Synapse Adventure 15 & 16 Di2
    Scott Foil 18
  • i got the Square summer shorts on the sale and have wore them twice.
    I'm 6'3 and weigh 12.5 stone (79 kilos) so would be classed as lanky! :o

I went with the Large but i think they are a little too tight. the pad was noticeably more comfortable sitting on the bike but after awhile i don't find it any more comfortable than Santini shorts I have. Also, while the leg is fitted I am unable to lift up the shorts to answer the call of nature, something I've always done with my other shorts. they look great though but im a tad disappointed. Might try Rapha or Assos the next time.
  • xixang
    xixang Posts: 235
    Also looking for advice on sizing. According to their size chart I'm XS to S for their winter bibs, based on height (67"). But on my waist (32") I'm S or poss M. I emailed them and got advised to go with M, but these seem aimed at people 69-70" in height. Worried leg length may be too much.

Anyone got some real life feedback on sizes? Think I'm tempted to go S regardless of their advice. FWIW I wear med castelli sorpasso and mcipollini bibtights and med assos and endura bib shorts