Got a new Bird

Maro
Maro Posts: 226
edited July 2015 in Your mountain bikes
A lengthy wait after the pre-order my Bird Aeris AM finally arrived. The guys at Bird were very friendly and helpful the whole way through from demo ride to shipping.

DSC_0128.jpg
DSC_0127.jpg

I had a quick ride on local trails to set sag and get other dials somewhere near, 2 days later I went to FoD and ended up covering 30 miles in total. On riding the blue trail, which I know very well, and then the new red extension plus a bit more I was really happy with how she was riding, then we rode one of the DH trails, one that I've never ridden before. What can I say? The bike just came alive, it's an absolute weapon!!
Bird Aeris. DMR Trailstar. Spesh Rockhopper pub bike.

Comments

• Maro
    I was expecting it to be a bit of a slog to pedal this bike up climbs, of course it's harder work than my previous more xc derived bike with way more gears. But, it ripped an uplift day on the saturday, on the sunday I pedalled her to the top of the Malvern Hills, and quite comfortably.

DSC_0138.jpg
  • IT66T
    IT66T Posts: 377
    I'm not familiar with that bike brand tbh but it certainly looks the business and judging by your feed back it's more than up to the job so dare i ask what the weight roughly is if you don't mind me asking as it looks really well built mate :) ..
    You must treat others with respect in order to be respected ..
    09 5.2 Rockrider budget rescue . viewtopic.php?f=10017&t=13033836&p=19671152#p19670604
  • rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    That does look pretty good.
  • Maro
    Thanks guys, I'm actually really happy with it.

I'm not sure on the weight, but I've read magazine reviews with pretty much the same build and they state about 14kg, that's a medium, mine is a small. Funny thing to say but it's lighter than it looks.
  • benpinnick
    benpinnick Posts: 4,148
    Yours will probably be best part of 1kg lighter than the mag ones. The WMB TBOTY / DH vs Trail Vs XC bike tests that most people quote weights from was a bike built using pretty much the heaviest of everything we offer :) A proper tank!
    A Flock of Birds
    + some other bikes.
  • codfather
    codfather Posts: 359
    I'm a big fan of the current Birds, rode one of these Aeris' a while ago and really enjoyed it, deceptively light. Great looking build you've got there, but the yellow would have been my choice :wink:
    Current fleet
    2015 Transition Scout
    2012 Nukeproof Scalp
    2016 Genesis Latitude
    2012 Transition Double
    2012 Transition Trail or Park

2006 Trek SL1000
    2017 Fly Proton
    ???? Create Polo Bike
  • Beardface
    Beardface Posts: 5,495
    Lovely looking Bird, it looks great with the CCDB!

I am rather biased, but they are incredible bikes.

Here's mine 8)
    gijcdlK.jpg

Enjoy buddy, I'll be sure to say hi if I see you on the trails!
  • dirkpitt74
    dirkpitt74 Posts: 518
    Nice!
    A Bird will defo be my next bike - not sure if Aeris or Zero though.
    Will have to wait until next year as shoulder surgery in the next couple of months will curtail my riding for a while :(