Tour favourite bits

2»

Comments

• dolan_driver
    dolan_driver Posts: 831
    Froome going for it on the cobbles was impressive and was the early sign that this was going to be his Tour.

Cummings and Teklehemanote were highlights as well for MTN.

Kelly and Kirby were quite good and the "LeMond on Tour" segment is getting into it's stride after a tentative first year. LeMond's save on that descent was the bike-handling moment of the Tour.

A clean winner who conducted himself with great integrity.

Sagan.

Greipel was also impressive.

DD.
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    I'm changing mine, Ivan Basso beating cancer it is for me. My dad officially got the all clear this year after 2 years of treatment, and I know how big a moment that was for our family so I can understand how his family felt. Amazing.
  • milton50
    milton50 Posts: 3,856
    The wins by Cummings, Geschke, J Rod and Vuillermoz. I think those wins epitomised this year's Tour.

If Quintana had managed to win on the Alpe that would have been up there.
  • Macaloon
    Macaloon Posts: 5,545
    Geraint Thomas closing a Quintana attack (more of a probe), because it was so unexpected from this rider and with his role.

When Poels finally let Quintana go on the Alpe, and go he most certainly did. Without that moment Movistar's approach could be seriously questioned. As it happened, we saw what they'd been up to for 3 weeks, but not until the final 30 minutes of the Tour. An incredibly satisfying conclusion.
    ...a rare 100% loyal Pro Race poster. A poster boy for the community.
  • jimmythecuckoo
    jimmythecuckoo Posts: 4,712
    Definitely Cummings winning his stage in Mende and Lacets de Montvernier.
  • lakinlakin
    lakinlakin Posts: 62
    Definitely Cummings winning his stage in Mende and Lacets de Montvernier.

+1

Also, G's performance.
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,385
    For Tactical genius moment (even though it can't have been anything but pure luck) Richie drifting back from the break to help pull Froome back up just as Qunitana attacked was brilliant

Given that the only 2 stages i missed live were the Cummings one and AdH, it seems like anything I might add may be a bit unrealistic :(
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • Lanterne_Rogue
    Lanterne_Rogue Posts: 4,091
    Two riders staring at each other as if to say "Well what are YOU doing about this?" as Cummings shot off up the road. I wasn't fussed about Cummings winning particularly, but watching people play cat and mouse and get absolutely mugged always brightens my day.
  • mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 16,801
    Two riders staring at each other as if to say "Well what are YOU doing about this?" as Cummings shot off up the road. I wasn't fussed about Cummings winning particularly, but watching people play cat and mouse and get absolutely mugged always brightens my day.

they both got stages so it turned out fine in the end for them both.. It was entertaining.
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • secretsqirrel
    secretsqirrel Posts: 1,745
    Teklehaimanot wearing the spotty jersey.
    G's outstanding performance.
    Nibali's stage win.
    Peter Sagan.