Levi 511 commuter jeans

itboffin
itboffin Posts: 20,052
edited July 2015 in Road buying advice
I thought I should post my opinion on the Levi 511 commuter jeans, as an owner of Rapha Ræburn jeans I have to say these Levi's beat Rapha hands down on comfort and looks, as for price well my Rapha were £200 these Levi's were £35

I love Rapha kit and will buy more I'm sure but for everyday ride work wear Levi's wins hands down.
Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.

Comments

• I'm a bit of a fan of Levi's regular 511's so a commuter version is definitely appealing - any links to where they can be had for £35 though?
  • JackPozzi
    JackPozzi Posts: 1,191
    Are the commuter version sized diferently to normal to allow for cyclists arse?
  • gsk82
    gsk82 Posts: 3,464
    a quick google shopping search finds them for £42
    "Unfortunately these days a lot of people don’t understand the real quality of a bike" Ernesto Colnago
  • a quick google shopping search finds them for £42

In green!
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,052
    Macy's online and yes they stretch loads in fact if you wear the normal 511 size down 1 for the commuter version
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644

For a $70 pair of jeans, 5.11 tactical jeans look nice, are comfortable to fight in, and at first impression appear to be durable. Carrying a gun, mag, knife, and flashlight are all very easy and the design helps a lot for those with that in mind. I love the side pocket. I hate that constricting feeling when you pull someone into your guard and your phone is in your pocket and the side pocket allows for you to strangle a man with your legs and not restrict your mobility-if that's important to you these are great.

why the hell are you carrying all that junk round with you? or even considering it?

seriously dude, you need to get a life
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,738
    'Merican troll innit.
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,297
    pblakeney said:

'Merican troll innit.

Flagged and gone, just need the MFs to delete the link in his quote so spammer doesn't benefit.
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    gotcha but even so you have to be a totalnob to want to carry all that junk around full stop or still pretend you can do anything in a pair of jeans, unless you are wearing these:

The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.