Enve Wheels

AH_Shane
AH_Shane Posts: 44
edited July 2015 in MTB buying advice
Hey guys can you buy ENVE wheels that have a 135mm X 10mm rear hub and 15mm front, if not can buy ENVE rims anywhere

Comments

• poah
    poah Posts: 3,369
    if you want to overspend then get enve rims on their own and lace them to your hub of choice but I would question why you would want to spend so much on wheels that don't offer anything extra over wheels 1/5 of the price?
  • swod1
    swod1 Posts: 1,639
    what about a set of hope enduro wheels and spend the rest of the money on something else for your bike?
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • oodboo
    oodboo Posts: 2,171
    http://www.justridingalong.com/ will do custom builds using enve rims.
    I love horses, best of all the animals. I love horses, they're my friends.

Strava
  • rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    They are expensive but very, very good. I didn't see why anyone would pay for them until I rode them back to back with a set of Giant carbon wheels on the same bike. They are incredibly stiff which makes steering surprisingly precise over rough ground and acceleration out of corners was noticeably better as well.
    The lifetime warranty is good as well.
    I still couldn't justify buying myself a set unless I was a very serious racer.
  • njee20
    njee20 Posts: 9,613
    Were the Giant wheels actually the same though, or just another carbon wheel set?

Friends who've owned Enves and cheaper wheels unanimously say they can't tell the difference!
  • rockmonkeysc
    Giant wheels were the same size and width. They were the original wheels on the bike I tried the Enve wheels on. Very similar tyres on both sets of wheels and both tubeless.
  • njee20
    Maybe Giant wheels are just shit then haha!
  • rockmonkeysc
    Maybe. I would think they are probably fairly common wheels rebranded as Giant. Most of their own branded wheels on the Trance, Reign, Anthem and Glory are DT swiss.
  • njee20
    Mmm, I'm still cynical. Don't doubt they're good. But I don't think they're 10% better then options 1/4 the price, let alone 400% better, and that's bourne out by several folk who own both.