Crozza
Crozza Posts: 991
edited July 2015 in Pro race
Let's get it started

PROFIL.png

PROFILCOLSCOTES_2.png

and the piece de resistance

PROFILCOLSCOTES_1.png

I read through all 38 pages of the spoiler thread from stage 18, 2011 last night to get myself all hot and bothered in anticipation of this stage. It is going to need a similar suicide attack and dithering in the bunch to make a difference, but here's hoping...

Comments

• alihisgreat
    alihisgreat Posts: 3,872
    Does anyone have a link for an English stream that I can watch on my Nexus 7 whilst in France?

I can get France TV Sport fine, but I'm struggling with the French commentary!
  • Macaloon
    Macaloon Posts: 5,545
    Froome has this one marked in his road book. Is Sean Yates in Alberto's car?
    ...a rare 100% loyal Pro Race poster. A poster boy for the community.
  • Macaloon
    I read through all 38 pages of the spoiler thread from stage 18, 2011 last night to get myself all hot and bothered in anticipation of this stage. It is going to need a similar suicide attack and dithering in the bunch to make a difference, but here's hoping...

It's the hope that dies last. Still have an active link? I was lost for weeks last time I used search.
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    If they don't go early then that last climb is going to be a disaster.

Ideal scenario is for Froome to have a major defaillance and Contador with Nibali to gain several minutes. Then with the top five on more or less similar time, the stage tommorrow should be crackers!
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Bo Duke
    Bo Duke Posts: 1,058
    Come on Froomie son, grind them down.

Why would the other GC's who've been incapable of putting a single sustainable attack together for 18 stages suddenly tun into supermen and rip 4 minutes out of Froome?

It's going to be a cracker. I'm driving from Siena to Pietra Ligure with the anti-Tour mafia but should be there by kick off.....
    'Performance analysis and Froome not being clean was a media driven story. I haven’t heard one guy in the peloton say a negative thing about Froome, and I haven’t heard a single person in the peloton suggest Froome isn’t clean.' TSP
  • frenchfighter
    Currently out of five out of the mountain stages we have a MASSIVE one stage which saw GC gaps (not including the very annoying time lost by Alberto's crash).

That is simply ridiculously bad.

Froome looks like he is out for a training ride everyday so I really hope we see him struggle today. Failing that then some sort of an attack by him would be nice as otherwise we have 'The best Tour' and 'The best lineup' since a long time coming down to one attack and some odd gains or losses here and there.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • pollys_bott
    pollys_bott Posts: 1,012
    According to Inrng it's live on TV from the start, not on Eurosport or ITV4 it ain't - is he meaning French TV? If that's the case then steephill, yes?
  • Macaloon
    Come on Froomie son, grind them down.

Why would the other GC's who've been incapable of putting a single sustainable attack together for 18 stages suddenly tun into supermen and rip 4 minutes out of Froome?

They're trying to wear him down. Froome looked a shade green in the final - for the very first time - which might be the encouragement they need to take more risk. This race has solo epic in it.
  • frenchfighter
    262-RTR2GDS7.jpg
    Contador is the Greatest
  • frenchfighter
    According to Inrng it's live on TV from the start, not on Eurosport or ITV4 it ain't - is he meaning French TV? If that's the case then steephill, yes?

It is a short stage today so starts at 12:20 and so I imagine tv coverage will be on the dot or at 1pm.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • pollys_bott
    pollys_bott Posts: 1,012

It is a short stage today so starts at 12:20 and so I imagine tv coverage will be on the dot or at 1pm.

Doh, of course! Silly me, thanks...
  • blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 21,741

?
    http://tv.eurosport.co.uk/tvschedule.shtml

Flag down 12-25. Eurosport live at 12-15.
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • inseine
    inseine Posts: 5,786
    Ideal scenaio is for Contador to get his arse in gear. Froome might have a bad day but the others need to attAck, not Wait to see if he cracks; I can understand Qunitana waiting for the Alpe but he'll need more than one mountains worth of time unless Froome blows. At least the little chap has put some digs in and Valverde has been great value concidering he's not one of 'the 4'.
    Nibali is too far back but he's still trying. Contador has hardly put his nose in the wind, certainly not in the first half of the race; he's the only one who might be allowed a small advantage yet could still make an impression if he goes early enough.
  • blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 21,741
    etape_19.png

30% chance of what the Tour site describes as " a light storm".
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • frenchfighter
    ^Contador has attacked more times in the last few days then the rest of them put together. So take your Contador hate and put it back in your suitcase de harm.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • gsvbagpuss
    gsvbagpuss Posts: 272
    ^Contador has attacked more times in the last few days then the rest of them put together.

Briefly gaining 20 seconds is what TV Tommy does these days, not sure it quite counts as the attack from the greatset rider of a generation
  • Macaloon
    There was blue blood in the final yesterday. Quintana turned to have a long hard stare. I think they'll press attacks today much harder than previous probes when they shut down as soon as Froomas responded.
  • inseine
    inseine Posts: 5,786
    ^Contador has attacked more times in the last few days then the rest of them put together. So take your Contador hate and put it back in your suitcase de harm.

Jesus, you're the hater. I have never said a bad thing about any cyclists, I think they're all bl**dy great and lay it on the line so I can enjoy a bit of tele time 8) I think Tinkov's ego overstretched Contador by thinking he could do the double at this stage in his career and it's robbed us a bit of the big shootout. That and Nibabli clearly coming into the Tour undercooked; He's bounced back well despite the kick in the nuts from his Boss (there's a theme with bad bosses).
    Seriuosly if every attcak was like those of Contador this Tour you'd be moaning like hell about boring cycling.
  • ocdupalais
    ocdupalais Posts: 4,224
    Quintana's going to go early on the Glandon. He has to. Froome will then use up G in damage limitation. Then come the Big Questions for the top four placed riders - with all those just behind hoping for an opportunity...

If people blow on the Glandon, they could lose a packet by La Toussuire.
  • maddog 2
    maddog 2 Posts: 8,114
    Nibbles and Contador are a side show. The main show is Froome and Quintana and the latter will need to go long and brave on La Toussuire if he wants to win the tour
    Facts are meaningless, you can use facts to prove anything that's remotely true! - Homer
  • Crozza

It's the hope that dies last. Still have an active link? I was lost for weeks last time I used search.

sorry, got you on block

viewtopic.php?f=40002&t=12791077

remarkable foresight in the first post
  • robnewcastle
    robnewcastle Posts: 241
    Quintana's going to go early on the Glandon. He has to. Froome will then use up G in damage limitation. Then come the Big Questions for the top four placed riders - with all those just behind hoping for an opportunity...

If people blow on the Glandon, they could lose a packet by La Toussuire.

Yeah surely Movistar/Quintana will try something on the Glandon/Croix de Fer. I didn't really see anything of a 'bad day' in Froome yesterday though. He looked tired and there was a brief gap but he didn't look wrecked. I guess we'll see today. You have to consider that Movistar riders are on the limit too. Quintana needs to put some time into Froome today and really get the sense that he's wilting.

Going to be exciting either way.
  • ocdupalais
    ocdupalais Posts: 4,224
    And if Quintana goes early, will Valverde hang on?
  • Crozza
    if Movistar really want to try and win, I think Valverde has got to go on a suicide mission and force Sky to chase and use up riders - Froome has said in a number of interviews they are only going to chase one of the MoviTwo - then Quintana to attack on the final climb. will Valv do it though, as could see him lose a podium spot

Contador to attack on Col du Mollard
  • RonB
    RonB Posts: 3,984
    As others have said, Froome will be super motivated to take the stage win here. He will feel he was denied on S11 in 2012 when he was reigned back to work for Wiggo. No guarantees though and MOV will hope he overdoes it and that G won't be around at the time to help out.
  • if Movistar really want to try and win, I think Valverde has got to go on a suicide mission and force Sky to chase and use up riders - Froome has said in a number of interviews they are only going to chase one of the MoviTwo - then Quintana to attack on the final climb. will Valv do it though, as could see him lose a podium spot

Contador to attack on Col du Mollard

If Valverde sacrifices his much yearned for first Tour podium spot via a suicide mission for Nairo, I will strongly suspect he has been kidnapped overnight and replaced by a drone
  • RonB
    RonB Posts: 3,984
    We need a fast show stylee "work for Nairo ... what, with my reputation?".
  • robnewcastle
    robnewcastle Posts: 241
    Roche and Konig have been looking stronger, G Thomas somehow still going, Poels was struggling yesterday. Was Porte off the boil yesterday? Froome will need everyone today.
  • DeVlaeminck
    DeVlaeminck Posts: 8,718
    Yes for me the problem with this Tour has been a lack of risk taking by Movistar. As RR says Valverde has long coveted a Tour podium. A Valverde Contador alliance could really shake the race up but we wont see it happen, if I was the Movistar DS he'd be under orders to go for it.
    [Castle Donington Ladies FC - going up in '22]
  • Roche and Konig have been looking stronger, G Thomas somehow still going, Poels was struggling yesterday. Was Porte off the boil yesterday? Froome will need everyone today.

Not 100% tickety boo - tummy problems, according to Doctor ATC