Single speed feeling rough

father_jack
father_jack Posts: 3,509
edited July 2015 in The workshop
Having some niggling problems, it's pretty new bike <100 miles

When I rotate cranks, chain is jumping up and down, like the chain is elastic and pull it down then go boing-boing-boing :? on a portion of the chain. The rest of the chain is free running.
Also I feel rough feeling through the frame, vibration being transmitted through the frame, and seat like bearings are is worn out (it's not)
And I get a annoying grating from sprocket like something is rubbing (like derailleur rub)

Chain is lubed and everything appears fine, but it's not. :?

On a workstand I'm adjusting chain tension and it doesn't seem to do much to cure the rough/rattle sound.

BB spins free,
Say... That's a nice bike..
Trax T700 with Lew Racing Pro VT-1 ;-)

Comments

• The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Have you checked the chain for a stiff link, as that is what it sounds like.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    Alignment.

Your rear wheel will be at an angle.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • father_jack
    been trying still feels and sounds rough, rumble through frame as well. Chain is fine. uploading a video now
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    Most likely your dead hub then. With the gouged cones etc.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • father_jack
    No, that's the wheel from the other bike.