Blaming Wiggle All Over Again

meanredspider
meanredspider Posts: 12,337
edited July 2015 in Commuting chat
Just last week I ordered a pair of Rubinos I don't yet need in order to maintain my Wiggle discount. No sooner had they arrived when I got another email from Wiggle saying I needed to spend €110 to maintain my bonus. WTF is going on? Is it some ongoing rolling spend? There's absolutely nothing I need so I'll just let it go. Even with the discount, I find Wiggle only occasionally competitive - hence the discount lapsing
ROAD < Scott Foil HMX Di2, Volagi Liscio Di2, Jamis Renegade Elite Di2, Cube Reaction Race > ROUGH

Comments

• dhope
    dhope Posts: 6,699
    It's £500 in the last 12 months. So yep, rolling spend.
    I've dropped out of the 12% group too, though Wiggle did price match something recently without much hassle, so maybe I'll just get them to do that more often now.
    Rose Xeon CW Disc
    CAAD12 Disc
    Condor Tempo
  • mrc1
    mrc1 Posts: 852
    Just last week I ordered a pair of Rubinos I don't yet need in order to maintain my Wiggle discount. No sooner had they arrived when I got another email from Wiggle saying I needed to spend €110 to maintain my bonus. WTF is going on? Is it some ongoing rolling spend? There's absolutely nothing I need so I'll just let it go. Even with the discount, I find Wiggle only occasionally competitive - hence the discount lapsing

Can you share an account with a mate and just setup two delivery addresses? Easy to spread the qualifying spend that way!
    http://www.ledomestiquetours.co.uk

Le Domestique Tours - Bespoke cycling experiences with unrivalled supported riding, knowledge and expertise.

Ciocc Extro - FCN 1
  • GiantDance
    GiantDance Posts: 129
    But do you still get haribo ?
    Moda Prima 2013
    Giant Defy Advanced 1 2014
    Rose Pro DX Cross-3000 'MB' - STOLEN
    Langster SF 2015
  • meanredspider

Didn't with my tyres - fcuk em
    ROAD < Scott Foil HMX Di2, Volagi Liscio Di2, Jamis Renegade Elite Di2, Cube Reaction Race > ROUGH
  • chris_bass
    chris_bass Posts: 4,913
    order something and send it back!
    www.conjunctivitis.com - a site for sore eyes
  • meanredspider
    order something and send it back!

Life's too short - I'll just go elsewhere
  • redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    Can you share an account with a mate and just setup two delivery addresses? Easy to spread the qualifying spend that way!

Have one account you and a friend(s) share, common email address and password then use their own paypal or debit/credit card to pay. Another way is an alternate address on Paypal account. I have my Dad's address listed on my Paypal account.
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • secretsam
    secretsam Posts: 5,098

No. Not on last couple of orders.

I like Wiggle 'cos it's reliable and I'm still platinum - but there are lots of competitors out there, but I don't really know them - who are the best alternatives and what are they like?

It's just a hill. Get over it.
  • imatfaal
    imatfaal Posts: 2,716

No. Not on last couple of orders.

I like Wiggle 'cos it's reliable and I'm still platinum - but there are lots of competitors out there, but I don't really know them - who are the best alternatives and what are they like?

probikekit.co,uk especially on the offers. Get the email and they will have a few things at real knockdown prices. And always try to use the discount codes for the flash sales - even when they say they don't apply to Castelli or something else quite often they still work.

sportpursuit can have real bargains - but because of their business model you have to wait till they have something you want rather than assuming they will have anything worth buying. However, when they do have a sale of a brand you know with stuff you need it can be brilliant
  • meanredspider
    I've found both Chain Reaction and Merlin to be perfectly good too. And the German sites are now particularly competitive because of the Euro. As I said, I've tended to drift away from Wiggle because, even with Pkatinum, the prices aren't fantastic and the discounted offers are open to anyone.
  • I've found both Chain Reaction and Merlin to be perfectly good too. And the German sites are now particularly competitive because of the Euro. As I said, I've tended to drift away from Wiggle because, even with Pkatinum, the prices aren't fantastic and the discounted offers are open to anyone.

My issue is that the if the item is already discounted my discount is discounted! (if you get my drift) So much stuff already has a small discount applied that it's often worthless having a platinum, when I wasted money on sportives it was handy but when Wiggle was sold to the investment bankers they stopped applying discount to them and they've gradually tightened things up so it's no benefit unless the item is full rrp. Then it's often still cheaper on other sites. Shame as I used to like Wiggle.