Stage 15 TdF 2015 Mende - Valence *SPOILERS*

Comments

• Macaloon
    Macaloon Posts: 5,545
    Great racing on the ticker. Rogers and Sagan going away with Yates, Trentin, Bak, Ryder. Harlem Globetrotters of a breakaway.
    ...a rare 100% loyal Pro Race poster. A poster boy for the community.
  • RonB
    RonB Posts: 3,984
    Select group of riders away with 40 secs on the main peloton. Remainder of the prev group trying to rejoin.

Nine riders in that group are - Pinot, Rogers, Sagan, Bak, Geschke, S. Yates, Kwiatkowski and Trentin, Hesjedal
  • RonB
    edited July 2015
    Could be PTP carnage as Cav is dropped by the peloton in the early autobus, now 1min50 behind.

IAM now helping Katusha with the chase, with just one lead group of nine riders 50sec in front.
  • joelsim
    joelsim Posts: 7,552
    Langeveld abandons
  • The_Boy
    The_Boy Posts: 3,099
    This orica guy chatting on the bus reminds me of the manager in flight of the concords.

Edit: is matt white
    Team My Man 2018: David gaudu, Pierre Latour, Romain Bardet, Thibaut pinot, Alexandre Geniez, Florian Senechal, Warren Barguil, Benoit Cosnefroy
  • RonB
    edited July 2015
    Gang of Nine now has a 1'20" gap.

Cav group includes Renshaw, Roy, Farrar, Péraud, Golas and Teklehaimanot - now 3 mins behind the peloton.
  • bflk
    bflk Posts: 240
    Data tracker just kicked off

http://betalivetracking.letour.fr/
  • Macaloon
    Club Cav 2'50" behind peloton.

2qdmu1g.png
  • TheBigBean
    TheBigBean Posts: 20,511
    Surprised Cavendish has already been dropped. There is a large downhill coming, but I imagine EQS are betting on other horses today
  • The_Boy
    All the other sprinters are in the Cav group so should be plenty working to bring them back.

Can anyone tell me what Pinot is actually doing in this break? Is it just punishment for being an idiot yesterday?
    Team My Man 2018: David gaudu, Pierre Latour, Romain Bardet, Thibaut pinot, Alexandre Geniez, Florian Senechal, Warren Barguil, Benoit Cosnefroy
  • poppit
    poppit Posts: 926
    Nothing that Sagan wears matches, it's like he's raided lost property
    Eddy Merckx EMX-3
    Dolan L'Etape
    Cougar Zero Uno
    Genesis Core 50
    Planet X TOR
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    No_Ta_Doctor Posts: 13,200
    Paging ThomThom, Paging ThomThom

oedft.jpg
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format
  • Macaloon
    Only 11 in the Cav group including Renshaw, Golas, Kennaugh (!), Roy. It's these guys vs Katusha + Breakaway. Katusha winning to tune of 4'. Looks like curtains.
  • RonB
    edited July 2015
    Lead group getting to the first of the two cat4 climbs, Col du Bez - gap now over 2min.

CKRxPutUcAAxlSE.png
  • Vino'sGhost
    Vino'sGhost Posts: 4,129
    Surprised Cavendish has already been dropped. There is a large downhill coming, but I imagine EQS are betting on other horses today

They might be now :lol:
  • The_Boy
    He's not even one of my men, but I can't be the only one thinking Tony Martin would be loving a stage like this in the breakaway?
  • He can get back on.
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    Only 11 in the Cav group including Renshaw, Golas, Kennaugh (!), Roy. It's these guys vs Katusha + Breakaway. Katusha winning to tune of 4'. Looks like curtains.

Big question now is whether the lanterne contenders can bridge from peloton to group 3.
  • The_Boy
    According to yon tracker page, greipel isn't with the Cav group. Anyone got a confirmed gorilla sighting?
  • RonB
    Katusha have had enough of chasing the group, so its down to the teams of the GC leaders to control the pace. Long downhill section next (30-40kms) to the intermediate sprint and then to the foot of the cat2 Col de l'Escrinet.
  • bflk
    bflk Posts: 240
    Greipel:
    We are currently not receiving live data for this rider.
  • The_Boy
    This looks like a lovely road to ride down.
  • The_Boy
    edited July 2015
    Greipel:

Bums. I'll assume he's with Cav etc then

Rain incoming
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    Greipel:

Occluded data = Gorilla's in the mist?
  • The_Boy
    Greipel:

Can someone put this in the PotT thread? Pain in the arse on a tablet.
  • RonB
    Greipel:

I thought he was in the peloton, with Lars Sitting Bak & all. (c. INRNG)
  • The_Boy
    So can someone explain this Samsung advert to me? The tag line reads "we is greater than I" , but we see cancellara leading out ... Cancellara.
  • The_Boy
    Also, no info on degenkolb on the life tracker. Is he with peloton, or is he washing his hair with Cav and he others.
  • RonB
    Not in the Cav group according to the ticker.

Rogers is going to have his work cut out later on if this group stays ahead to the finish. There will be lots of attacking in the closing kms. No-one is going to want to leave it to a bunch sprint with Sagan around.
  • Turfle
    Turfle Posts: 3,762
    Just caught the very end of Matt Rendell challenging Jalabert. Did Jalabert say anything?