Noob & Clueless

Bimble Button
Bimble Button Posts: 2
edited July 2015 in MTB buying advice
This is my 1st post so please be gentle. I want to shift some weight and looking to get a bike to help with this.
Now I totally understand this isn't going to be the best bike on the market but if it's suitable to start with, maybe down the line upgrade it etc. I've absolutely no idea about component quality, decent forks etc.

This Ghost Sona 2 http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/mobile/ghost-sona-2-hardtail-bike-2015/rp-prod126434

Takes my fancy, I won't be doing nothing extreme on it, but I will be looking to take it down the tracks, canal paths etc.

So the question is, is it worth the asking price? Would it be ok to keep and upgrade or should I look elsewhere. I'm only looking to spend £500 at the very most.

Anyway, thanks for reading, and thanks in advance for any replies.

Comments

• Lungs94
    Lungs94 Posts: 160
    It's crap, you can get the 2014 Voodoo Hoodoo for £40 less and it's a fantastic bike with much better components, or the 2014 Bizango which is even better and won multiple awards for £500, both bikes are more than capable
    Bikes:
    2013 Mondraker Dune XR - XX1 XO1 Hope, Easton Carbon, Fox
    Voodoo Bizango XT - Hope, Pikes, Mavic
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Strange sizing, and only in XL so unless you are pretty tall it will likely be too big.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools