Cordo CRD Quicklock Rack

turkeytickler
turkeytickler Posts: 640
edited July 2015 in The workshop
Hi all,

Bought these a little bit on impulse http://www.planetx.co.uk/i/q/BACOCRDCQCPB/cordo-crd-quick-lock-carrier-double-pannier-bag from Planet X - _then_ read the reviews. Silly mistake!! Anyway - they are only for light use on holiday lugging picnic stuff around so I'm sure its not money down the drain - except, they seem to need a special rack (as seen here http://road.cc/content/review/53418-cordo-pannier-set-crd (pic 2)).

I cant find this rack for sale anywhere at all. Does anyone know where to get one?

thanks in advance

tt

Comments

• imatfaal
    imatfaal Posts: 2,716
    Hi all,

Bought these a little bit on impulse http://www.planetx.co.uk/i/q/BACOCRDCQCPB/cordo-crd-quick-lock-carrier-double-pannier-bag from Planet X - _then_ read the reviews. Silly mistake!! Anyway - they are only for light use on holiday lugging picnic stuff around so I'm sure its not money down the drain - except, they seem to need a special rack (as seen here http://road.cc/content/review/53418-cordo-pannier-set-crd (pic 2)).

I cant find this rack for sale anywhere at all. Does anyone know where to get one?

thanks in advance

tt

I presume you bought on line - tell them you don't want them and ask about how to Send them back and get your money back. It is distance selling - so for first fourteen days you don't need a reason to return goods and get your money back. You will have to pay return postage - or drop them off at Planet X (or anywhere else they are happy for you to do so). Remember to claim any delivery charges that you paid to Planet X for initial delivery.

If they argue remind them about part 3 of the Consumer Contract Regulations 2013

edit / ps
    If the rack really is not for sale anywhere I would try at first to tell PlanetX I wanted them to reverse the whole deal and tell them to send a returns label so you don't end lose the postage. Selling stuff on-line to a consumer tat is practically unusable is not good
  • thanks imatfaal - I hear you.

I guess I have a lot of good will towards, and trust for, Planet X so I doubt that they would cause any grief with a refund on what you rightly point out was an online purchase.

to be frank, i could just do without the hassle of returning a bulky item that only cost a tenner, so would probably just put it down to experience.

it does leave a little sour taste in the mouth though, it feels a little disingenuous to sell something that doesnt work without another part that you cant buy anywhere, no matter how heavily discounted it is...

anyway, ive written to planet x and hopefully they can prove me wrong and help me find somewhere to buy the missing part :)
  • imatfaal
    thanks imatfaal - I hear you.

I guess I have a lot of good will towards, and trust for, Planet X so I doubt that they would cause any grief with a refund on what you rightly point out was an online purchase.

to be frank, i could just do without the hassle of returning a bulky item that only cost a tenner, so would probably just put it down to experience.

it does leave a little sour taste in the mouth though, it feels a little disingenuous to sell something that doesnt work without another part that you cant buy anywhere, no matter how heavily discounted it is...

anyway, ive written to planet x and hopefully they can prove me wrong and help me find somewhere to buy the missing part :)

I know where you are coming from - and writing to them asking as you have done is among the best options; even with mega-corps you have to give them a chance and prompt to be decent about things
  • :oops: Planet X replied promptly, thanks Planet X.

.... the special fitting required was supplied inside one of the bags with the pannier set.....

:oops:

Humble pie smiley!!
  • imatfaal
    :oops: Planet X replied promptly, thanks Planet X.

.... the special fitting required was supplied inside one of the bags with the pannier set.....

:oops:

Humble pie smiley!!

Aren't you glad you didn't fly off the handle at them :mrgreen: