Soggy Monday

Stevo_666
Stevo_666 Posts: 58,422
edited July 2015 in The bottom bracket
The day didn't start quite as well as expected.

The light rain that was forecast to start just as I got to work on the bike had already started when I left the house, so on with the pack-a-mac. That was far too hot so I stopped to take it off. 5 miles out from work in Camberwell (South London demilitarised zone) I got a puncture and then remembered I had no inner tube on me :roll: The Rain Gods spotted this and turned the taps on a bit. At this point there was no option but to jog in pushing the bike - quite quickly, given where I was at the time. Then got spotted by several people looking like a drowned rat and not smelling great in the lobby of our office. Oh joy.

Still, got to my desk before 9. I suppose it should get better from here...
"I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]

Comments

• homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 8,002
    It seems the whole country is covered in a blanket of drizzle so the gardening will have to wait.

One positive is that two of us are on a site visit tomorrow and it's about 50 miles away so my minion is driving and I'm throwing my bike in his car and riding home.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,399
    The day didn't start quite as well as expected.

The light rain that was forecast to start just as I got to work on the bike had already started when I left the house, so on with the pack-a-mac. That was far too hot so I stopped to take it off. 5 miles out from work in Camberwell (South London demilitarised zone) I got a puncture and then remembered I had no inner tube on me :roll: The Rain Gods spotted this and turned the taps on a bit. At this point there was no option but to jog in pushing the bike - quite quickly, given where I was at the time. Then got spotted by several people looking like a drowned rat and not smelling great in the lobby of our office. Oh joy.

Still, got to my desk before 9. I suppose it should get better from here...
    Sorry but :lol:
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • Flâneur
    Flâneur Posts: 3,081
    Glad you amused your company today Stevo.

Slow Monday. Dropped a suit into the office so I may try and cycle in over the next few days (from mothers mind, remove the uphill stint at the start)

4 day week though with Thursday off, Small win
    Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • Stevo_666
    Glad I made your day Seano :P

Things are looking up as predicted. Puncture is fixed so I am riding home shortly. Got some stuff sorted out for going on holiday on Saturday. And the trouble n strife has booked tickets for the Chelski - Swansea game on the 8th August, bless her :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380

Things are looking up as predicted. Puncture is fixed so I am riding home shortly. Got some stuff sorted out for going on holiday on Saturday. And the trouble n strife has booked tickets for the Chelski - Swansea game on the 8th August, bless her :)

Sproglet 2 and I have tickets for Chesea/Fiorentina.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Flâneur
    I don't have any real European tickets this season.

7 mile run in the drizzle done, it frigging hurt and the rain didn't take away from it like normal. calfs kill
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,859
    I have tickets for baby sitting tonight :(

Today has been lots of work stuff, which I'm going to do more of tonight as the current wife is out
  • Stevo_666

Nice one, we looked at going to that but I am headed for Wales the next day so took a punt on getting Swansea tickets, which paid off.

In other news that will make The Womble chuckle, I got another firkin puncture on the way home (only a few hundred yards from this mornings incident) and had to get on a train...stupid hippies down the bike shop obviously didn't clear out whatever had caused the first one. They are in trouble now :evil:
  • tlw1

Nice one, we looked at going to that but I am headed for Wales the next day so took a punt on getting Swansea tickets, which paid off.

In other news that will make The Womble chuckle, I got another firkin puncture on the way home (only a few hundred yards from this mornings incident) and had to get on a train...stupid hippies down the bike shop obviously didn't clear out whatever had caused the first one. They are in trouble now :evil:

:lol:
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,316
    Monday bloody Monday. Chewsday tomorrow. Glasgow on Turdsday. What an exciting week this is going to be.

I once watched Fiorentina play at Leicester in a pre-season firendly. Nuno Gomez played 45 mins and Robbie Savage got an injury with the silliest tackle which put him out for half the season and so Leicester went down that year.

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • slowmart
    slowmart Posts: 4,480

IMG_0721.jpg

:roll: I know you think fluking your grades gave you a life pass on manual labour....but come on a chuffing flat...... :wink:
    “Give a man a fish and feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and feed him for a lifetime. Teach a man to cycle and he will realize fishing is stupid and boring”

Desmond Tutu
  • Stevo_666
    Slowie, maybe you should set up a competition to see who can fix a flat with no patching kit or spare inner tube. Anyone who can manage that would truly deserve the accolade of 'smartarse of the year' :wink:

That'll teach me to swap backpacks but not the bloody contents!
  • tlw1
    Slowie, maybe you should set up a competition to see who can fix a flat with no patching kit or spare inner tube. Anyone who can manage that would truly deserve the accolade of 'smartarse of the year' :wink:

If only they sold puncture kits, etc at bike shops and if only you had been to one today :)
  • Stevo_666

If only they sold puncture kits, etc at bike shops and if only you had been to one today :)
    Slowmart is right in one respect - that I listened at school so I wouldn't have to do manual labour :)
  • slowmart
    slowmart Posts: 4,480
    At least we've narrowed down the failure point, it wasn't down to aptitude or attitude then. :wink:

I tried to find a Gareth Hunt coffee bean shake gif but failed but you get my point :D
    “Give a man a fish and feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and feed him for a lifetime. Teach a man to cycle and he will realize fishing is stupid and boring”

Desmond Tutu
  • pinno
    Professional Planning Prevents P!ss Poor Performance.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,294
    I swapped backpacks this morning, and the contents. No flats on the way in or on the way home. Had I not moved the contents things may have been different. Always fix my own, that way I know it's done properly. Yes, I am a smug git.
    Not a bad day today. Got a few things sorted for the holiday, just over a week to go. Out tomorrow visiting customers in places beginning with R. Deep joy.
  • pinno
    Runcorn?!
  • Flâneur
    Feel a tad bad for our tax man. I like to visit my bike shop and help the economy too. Maybe not for a puncture but still, time is money.

i fucking hate the word hollibobs, adults who use it should be shot
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • Stevo_666
  • MrHorsesshoe
    MrHorsesshoe Posts: 5
    edited July 2015
    soggy but humid... :shock:
    http://d2ride.co.uk/Road-Bikes.php
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380

Proper Preparation and Planning Prevents .......

My first ever game was watching Fiorentina vs Roma in Firenze when I lived there as a bambino - 30,000 or so fans sing Roma, Roma va' fancuolo ... Aaaaah still brings a smile to my face.....
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • pinno

Proper Preparation and Planning Prevents .......

My first ever game was watching Fiorentina vs Roma in Firenze when I lived there as a bambino - 30,000 or so fans sing Roma, Roma va' fancuolo ... Aaaaah still brings a smile to my face.....

...and I bet it sounded really good. Italian must be the only language that you can be insulting and it still sounds poetic and tuneful.