Been rolled for €1,560

HertsG
HertsG Posts: 129
edited July 2015 in The bottom bracket
Well, actually, they tried to have me over.

Here’s the e-mail exchange:

My female friend (Spammer):

Greetings, how are doing today? I don't know if you're aware that am presently in (Ukraine) I was robbed of my cash, phones and credit cards last night but i thank God no lives were lost. I need you lend me some money, about (€1,560 Euro) or whatever you can afford. I need the money to settle bills here and get back home. I assure you that i'll refund the money immediately am home tomorrow.
Regards

Me:

That's terrible news!
How can I get the money to you?

Spammer:

Am so glad you replied back, You can have it wired to my name via any Western Union Outlet around you..... I'll have to show my passport as ID to pick it up here and i promise to pay you back as soon as I get back home hopefully today. Here is my info where you will wire the money to:

NAME =****
ADDRESS =1, Akademika Proscury street, Kharkov, 61099
STATE = Kharkov
COUNTRY =ukraine

As soon as it has been done, kindly get back to me with the western union confirmation number... Let me know if you are heading to the Western Union outlet now.

Me:

There's a Western Union shop just around the corner. It'll take me 5 minutes to get there and send. How much do you need?

Spammer:

All i need is €1,560. Kindly let me know how soon you can have the transfer done to my name

Me:

After we spent that night last year making passionate love on your patio with your drunk husband Paul asleep, how could I not do this for you?
I'm just going to the Western Union Shop now.
Is Paul with you in the Ukraine? Where was he when you were robbed?
G x

[NB – husband’s name is not Paul]

Spammer:

Omg!!! are you Doubting me if i wasn't the one i won't have ask you to wire money to my name via western union and you and i know that the only way i can pick up the money is my passport as an id and right now am mentally unbalanced at the moment as i can't think straight at the moment so just let me know if you are heading to the western union now...

we both deal on bike import to UK

Me:

My darling *****
Of course I'm not doubting you!
I've just got back from the Western Union shop and have sent to 2000 Euro.
Much love
G

Spammer:

Send the MTCN number to pick up the money here with my passport

Me:

Darling *****
Sorry - I forgot the most important bit!
It is MTCN 9586654689
let me know that you have got the money
love
G

Spammer (20 minutes later):

This a wrong MTCN number check and get back to me with the full sender name and the amount sent

Me:

Darling *****
I am so sorry, it looks like I got one number wrong. It should be:
MTCN 9536654689
I'm sorry for my mistake Babe.
Keep safe and let me know when you have the cash.
G x

Spammer:

Ur father

Me:

Sorry Babe
I don't understand. Did you get the money?
G x

Spammer:

It shall not b well with you

Me:

I'm just going to run to the shop here and find out what has happened.
Give me 5 minutes
G xxx

Me again (10 minutes later):

I ran all the way to the shop.
The guy had a line problem or something with his terminal and the credit wasn't sent. But he's fixed it now and the money should be there for you.
The number is definitely: MTCN 9536654689
I'm getting worried now - I need to know that you have the money and that you're safe.
G xxx

Spammer:

U r crazy for the email u send me again

Me:

My darling *****

I know from our nights of passion how much you like a big c ck. Use the money that I have sent you and buy a big rubber Johnny. Shove it right up your arse.

Your true love

G x

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    like it :lol:
  • jawooga
    jawooga Posts: 530
    :D very amusing.
  • VTech
    VTech Posts: 4,736
    That has made my day, finally someone on here with a similar sense of humour.
    I don't get to receive these types of emails these days but your reply will be noted for future reference.
    Living MY dream.
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    There is a whole website devoted to this. Genuinely you cannot believe the stories. They make the spammers come over from Africa to collect cash (to the US), often to multiple states. They also like sending them to war-torn parts of Africa, getting tattoos, dying their hair, and taking selfies in all these places with identifiable landmarks to prove they were there (referred to as Safaris). They also try to get credit card details out of the scammers and the mods work with the authorities to get them cancelled. There are videos (taken from open webcams) of these chaps in shorts in ski resorts!

http://www.419eater.com

edit: this member has 50 confirmed safaris. If you scroll down, each pith helmet is a confirmed safari in their sig (the mods create the sigs so people can't lie). Some have the destinations

https://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=266003

one guy's trip:

Lagos-Doula, Benin-Liberia, Accra-Dkar, Dkr-Bnjul, Dkr>Timbktu>N'djmna>Abche>Adre>N'djmna, Lgos>Cairo>Aswn>Prison Ctnu>Lgos, Ctnu-accra, Lgos>J'burg>Drbn>Prt Elzbth>CT>Sprngbk>CT>Drbn>CT>Hrre>Lska>DEsSlm>Mmbasa>Nirbi, Kmpla 28,510 Miles
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    Any piccies of her norks?
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • HertsG
    HertsG Posts: 129
    Any piccies of her norks?