rick_chasey Posts: 72,236
edited January 2017 in Pro race
As per title.

See ya.

Shame.

Comments

• JackPozzi
    JackPozzi Posts: 1,191
    Bah, I'd rather they went after the guys that are cheating...
  • Macaloon
    Macaloon Posts: 5,545
    Well that's a pity. Positive at the Tour according to L'équipe. I hope he was using it only as PED

Failed test on Tuesday. Suspended.
    ...a rare 100% loyal Pro Race poster. A poster boy for the community.
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 18,878
    Richard Moore ‏@richardmoore73 · 7m7 minutes ago
    Paolini tested positive for cocaine the day of the cobbles #TDF2015
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784

In competition positive for cocaine is cheating.
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 18,878
    Gutted.

Still. Doesn't make him a bad person and we enjoyed his performances.
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • rick_chasey
    Sounds like he did too.
  • JackPozzi
    JackPozzi Posts: 1,191

In competition positive for cocaine is cheating.

Bollox is it, I've known plenty of people that partake and I'd fancy my chances against all of them on a bike...
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,215
    All he needs now is a few teenage girlfriends and we have our new Boonen.
  • rick_chasey
    Needs to win a bit more first.
  • FocusZing
    FocusZing Posts: 4,373
    He will probably come up with the excuse he was touching notes currency, depending on levels.

It would be great to have a Tour without the backdrop of this kind of sh1t, detracting from the results.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,215
    Seems a bit odd. If he has that bad a habit that he's prepared to snort a few lines during a stage race you'd have thought he'd have been caught before now. It's not like he'd have been out clubbing and taking it recreationally though. I would have thought it would be far too risky to take as I assume it's easily detectable and wouldn't offer much performance enhancement (well, not on the bike anyway!).

Makes you wonder if others are doing similar, might explain all the crashes. Paolini had an strange one himself on stage 3 or 4 from memory.
  • Crampeur
    Crampeur Posts: 1,065
    http://www.corriere.it/notizie-ultima-ora/Sport/Doping-Procura-Coni-assolve-Paolini/12-10-2011/1-A_000259073.shtml

He was linked a while back to a gym-based doping ring, but the charges were dropped due to lack of evidence.

Not that that necessarily means anything.
  • rick_chasey
    More likely he was taking cocaine around the time he took the blood out, and transferred it back in.....
  • So Tom Boonen wasn't at the tour this week solely as a spectator? :twisted:
  • milton50
    milton50 Posts: 3,856
    Geezer.
  • iainf72
    Seems a bit odd. If he has that bad a habit that he's prepared to snort a few lines during a stage race you'd have thought he'd have been caught before now. It's not like he'd have been out clubbing and taking it recreationally though. I would have thought it would be far too risky to take as I assume it's easily detectable and wouldn't offer much performance enhancement (well, not on the bike anyway!).

Makes you wonder if others are doing similar, might explain all the crashes. Paolini had an strange one himself on stage 3 or 4 from memory.

The metabolite they found can stay in body for around 10 days, longer if combined with booze.

The story probably is well off guy hit a club, got offered some gak, thought why not, had a good night and started the TdF a couple of days later.
  • philbar72
    philbar72 Posts: 2,229
    not sure i give a toss about this really. its a short term stimulant that makes you a total bell end. would be next to no use in a bike race. shame as i've always liked the way paolini rides a bike.
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,137
    Ned Boulting tweeted that it wouldn't be much of surprise to those who had read his book. In that when he's in the same hotel as Katusha and late at night he finds Paolini in the bar knocking bar beers with the mechanics.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • iainf72
    Ned Boulting tweeted that it wouldn't be much of surprise to those who had read his book. In that when he's in the same hotel as Katusha and late at night he finds Paolini in the bar knocking bar beers with the mechanics.

Yep. They're just people, after all.

The rumours you hear about parties and recreational drugs with pro cyclists just make them sound like a lot of other people their age. Funny that.
  • LeePaton
    LeePaton Posts: 353
    This is more fuuny than sad. Dunno why just is.

Pleb.
    It's not so much about winning, I just hate losing.
  • above_the_cows
    above_the_cows Posts: 11,406
    Well at least we've found an explanation for him being a meerkat.

meerkat-smiling.jpg
    Correlation is not causation.
  • rick_chasey

Yep. They're just people, after all.

The rumours you hear about parties and recreational drugs with pro cyclists just make them sound like a lot of other people their age. Funny that.

He's a bit old to pass that off on youthful exuberance.
  • thomthom
    thomthom Posts: 3,574
    I still like his beard
  • Dorset_Boy
    Dorset_Boy Posts: 6,876
    Shame, I've always liked him and he's been an excellent domestique.
    Will wait to hear the excuse / explanation.
  • dave milne
    dave milne Posts: 703
    don
  • thomthom
    thomthom Posts: 3,574
    cocain-spider.gif
  • Macaloon
    Macaloon Posts: 5,545
    A 38 year-old cocaine user - suggesting he has an adventurous approach to nutrition, can ride with the elite on his day. You'd imagine that the best in the world, in their prime, could beat such a rider without necessarily requiring illegal PEDs.
    ...a rare 100% loyal Pro Race poster. A poster boy for the community.
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    Lots of love for Paolini despite him doping...typical double standards.

Soft 'doping' though so in my mind it is not too much of a deal. Pot belge.

I wonder how dish_dash is doing right now...
    Contador is the Greatest
  • bobmcstuff
    bobmcstuff Posts: 11,196
    More likely he was taking cocaine around the time he took the blood out, and transferred it back in.....
    Yeah... Ghost positive seems quite plausible doesn't it.
  • Crozza
    Crozza Posts: 991
    RichN95 wrote:

he should try the Pamela excuse

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/tennis/6834876/Richard-Gasquet-cleared-of-cocaine-offence-by-Court-of-Arbitration-for-Sport.html