What's happened with Jonathan Tiernan-Locke?

curium
curium Posts: 815
edited July 2015 in Pro race
Just watching highlights of Dubai and my misses asked me "what happened to that bloke caught doing drugs for sky?"

I don't know I said. I'll ask on bikeradar forum.

???

Comments

• RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,137
    Who knows? It's ongoing I guess. He had a few deadline extensions. UKAD are dealing with it. They only say something when necessary.

Similarly, what's happening to Bruyneel?
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • Mad_Malx
    Mad_Malx Posts: 4,993
    curium wrote:
    Just watching highlights of Dubai and my misses asked me "what happened to that bloke caught doing drugs for sky?"

I don't know I said. I'll ask on bikeradar forum.

???

In the interests of accuracy, he wasn't caught doing drugs. It may be the reason behind his biopassport irregularities, but it's still to be determined.
  • it is certainly lingering
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    A case has been opened and as Rich says. UKAD are dealing with it. They are very good at keeping things under their hat, which is good.
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,069
    He's been selling lots of Rapha team issue kit on eBay recently.
  • ocdupalais
    ocdupalais Posts: 4,224
    andyp wrote:
    He's been selling lots of Rapha team issue kit on eBay recently.

We've all seen the burnt Fenton photos - so it's no surprise that anyone at Team Sky who's unlikely to ride at either Tenerife or Majorca training camps will want to get shot of that shite...
  • dish_dash
    dish_dash Posts: 5,551
    From the Comic

Jonathan Tiernan-Locke handed drink driving ban

Jonathan Tiernan-Locke has been banned from driving for 17 months after pleading guilty to a drink driving incident in Plymouth, Devon, on April 24 this year.

The former Team Sky rider, who was banned from racing a bike for two years after biological passport abnormalities, was spotted on CCTV getting into his Land Rover outside a bar at 3.45am.

The Torquay Herald Express reports that Tiernan-Locke was then seen driving down Tavistock Place before pulling up outside Caffeine Club. Police were called and he was taken to Charles Cross police station.

Prosecutor Gareth Warden told Plymouth Magistrates that there was an issue with providing a breath test, so Tiernan-Locke gave a blood sample. Analysis showed 204mg of alcohol in 100ml of blood – the legal limit is 80mg.

Tiernan-Locke was banned from driving for 17 months, although he could have that reduced by a quarter if he attends drink driver rehabilitation programme.

In 2013, the rider mitigated his biological passport abnormalities by explaining he had been on a binge drinking session between winning the Tour of Britain in 2012 and his selection for the World Championships.

The Devon-based rider maintains his innocence against the doping charges, and admits he’s planning a return to racing when his ban ends in 2016.
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,137
    "Your honour, I was not drunk. The alcohol/blood sample gave a false reading due to the EPO binge I'd been on the night before"
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • ^ Drat, I came here to post that very gag but you beat me to it
    Giant Trance X 2010
    Specialized Tricross Sport
    My Dad's old racer
    Trek Marlin 29er 2012