Hamilton's tears

ugo.santalucia
ugo.santalucia Posts: 28,171
edited July 2015 in The cake stop
Why is he always in tears? He has won two world titles, he is a seasoned competitior in the most boring championship on the planet. Why does he get so emotional about winning a race where he has the fastest car in the grid and he is the favourite?
There was a charme to Senna's moods and outbursts that made him special and unique, but an (almost) billionaire's childish tears are frankly pathetic...
left the forum March 2023

Comments

• HertsG
    HertsG Posts: 129
    It depends on which of his dogs he has taken to the circuit.
  • Flâneur
    Flâneur Posts: 3,081
    He is hard to like, he has become better with media training since the early days but christ he irks me
    Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • May be his missus has left him (again)
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • norvernrob
    norvernrob Posts: 1,447
    He is hard to like, he has become better with media training since the early days but christ he irks me

I used to be a fan, but his constant 'god is great' rubbish and photos of his jet/yachts/cars on social media make him hard to like.
  • mfin
    mfin Posts: 6,729

I used to be a fan, but his constant 'god is great' rubbish and photos of his jet/yachts/cars on social media make him hard to like.

If god is so great he could at least tell him that wearing two diamond earrings makes you look like a prick.
  • debeli
    debeli Posts: 583
    It is a little wearisome. The broadcast media do not help - they fawn at his feet as they did (in the UK) to Brad in 2012. It doesn't help with the love.

I don't follow F1, but his media gurning and self-satisfaction are hard to avoid.

He does - doesn't - does - doesn't live or go out with a lady who sells yogurt on the telly. It is all very confusing.

He is jolly good at his job, but has been coached to be so (starting with a rare talent and determination) since a tender age.

He might want to be more 'Rossi' or more 'Simoncelli' or more 'Sheene'.

Maybe a little more Hunt or Raikonnen.

But he never will be.
  • alihisgreat
    alihisgreat Posts: 3,872
    He's doesn't come across in a very likable way, and never has done... but then he doesn't have to because he's British and he wins so everyone worships him regardless.

Or maybe I'm just still bitter that he stole Massa's World Championships :(
  • HertsG
    His Dad is an OK guy - held down multiple jobs to fund young Lewis through his karting years and oversaw his rise into F1.

Unfortunately Lewis then pushed him to one side; coincidentally hooking up with some bimbo so-called singing artiste and he's since gone off the rails somewhat.

But, that said, he's probably the fastest driver out there at the moment. However, if I were running a team, he wouldn't be my first choice - that'd be Fernando Alonso - quick, intelligent and never, never gives up.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,249
    He might want to be more 'Rossi' or more 'Simoncelli' or more 'Sheene'.

Maybe a little more Hunt or Raikonnen.

But he never will be.
    This. He only ever seems to show emotion when he is having a strop and then he just comes across as a petulant child.
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    Even including tennis, is there a duller sport than F1?
  • iPete
    iPete Posts: 6,076
    Football?
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318
    He is a clean cut, well spoken young man who was brought up well by his parents, obviously spoilt but that has got him where he is today and he's pretending to be some kind of rap superstar, which doesn't suit him.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318
    How dare you!

Equestrian?
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • ballysmate
    How dare you!

Equestrian?

OK Sean, Equestrian is dull. But without it we wouldn't have ladies in jodhpurs would we?

jodhpur-03-jpg.162008
  • bigjim
    bigjim Posts: 780
    Surely Golf is the most boring? Though I don't know why they call it a sport. I'm always perplexed at the way spectators gather round a Tee. Some with chairs and brollies. Watch a man with a stick hit a ball. Then pack up and move on to the next hole in the ground and do the same thing again and again. Very wierd.
    Mind you I don't know why F1 is a sport. Sport to me is running, jumping, throwing, swimming etc, something that makes you out of breath. I know F1 requires a lot of skill and concentration but there again so does Chess.
  • ballysmate
    Surely Gol is the most boring? Though I don't know why they call it a sport. I'm always perplexed at the way spectators gather round a Tee. Some with chairs and brollies. Watch a man with a stick hit a ball. Then pack up and move on to the next hole in the ground and do the same thing again and again. Very wierd.
    Mind you I don't know why F1 is a sport. Sport to me is running, jumping, throwing etc.

Got to agree, golf is tedious. Not really a sport. Right up there with snooker and darts. (But not bowls eh Sean :wink: )
  • finchy
    finchy Posts: 6,686
    Golf is really, really difficult. I can't see why anyone would put so much effort into playing such a boring sport, but each to his own.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,249
    Golf is really, really difficult. I can't see why anyone would put so much effort into playing such a boring sport, but each to his own.
    A good walk ruined.
  • dj58
    dj58 Posts: 2,216
    I preferred him when he was managed by his father, I just wish he would get rid of those dreadful rapper's ear blings.
  • Philly8mt
    Philly8mt Posts: 552

Cricket ...... yawn
    Still thinking of something clever to say!
  • debeli
    debeli Posts: 583

F1 is not dull per se; it is dull in comparison both with what it was and is perceived to have been and in comparison with what it might be. It therefore disappoints.

Road cycling (which I adore) might be classed by many as dull - and in many respects it is. But it does not pretend to be a spectator sport as F1 does. There are those who struggle up mountains to watch stage racers go by - and there are folk who line the streets when a GT or a Classic comes past, but many of them have stepped out of their front door.

There are many things duller that F1 (although I do not favour it as a sport). Dullness - and beauty - are in the eye of the beholder. My late grandfather (1892-1983) adored test cricket and would delight, late in life, in spending a day at The Oval watching nothing happening for hour after hour. I could not do that - but to him it was not dull.

Although there is a current (and enjoyable) bubble of interest in cycle racing in the UK, within a decade or so there will be few British fans watching the TdF go past... It (like F1 and darts) is essentially dull. I love it, but it is dull.
  • VTech
    VTech Posts: 4,736
    He was in an interview last week where he said he was living his life to the maximum, doing everything he can, whilst he can.
    I accept that even though I do find him irritating. The fact is, we get one shot so do all you can is what I say. I would be hypocritical to biatch at him when at the same time I live my own life and tell others to do everything they can, whatever makes them happy and gives them the best enjoyment.

You will always get haters, saying daft things like "maybe his mrs has left him (again)" which is such nonsense as the fact is, he left her. IMO that was a mistake as I truly believe a good woman will get you places in life as you become more grounded and satisfied with what you have.

Also, most people don't know too much about the background of F1 and I often find that bad people are looked on as good, good looked on as bad and it does grind me that people look upto Hamiltons father who imo did a terrible wrong too Paul Di Resta, he lied in court documents over contracts and papers and yet walked free due to his position and cash in the bank. He of course was a great father, doing all he could for his son but people slate Lewis for walking from his fathers management but the truth was, he was well advised to move to someone else due to the issues his father was having in legal cases.

Anyway, is F1 dull ?
    The weekends race was awesome, our home GP and something we do yearly. I don't think F1 is dull at all, the rules need changing to make it more competitive and with plans coming through, this will happen and will happen soon.
    The problem you get is when Health and Safety get involved. It is akin to making pro boxers wear head masks like the amateurs. Yes it is safer but do they want it and does it make the sport better ?

In life people take risks, they jump out of planes, climb mountains, bike down a hill at 40+mph, all of which can and do kill people but that I'm afraid is life, we do these things for the rush, the drive, the adrenalin and it makes for a better life.

F1 should be the fastest cars on earth for track racing and the fact that my own road car is quicker than an F1 car is something that needs looking at. More HP, more torque and higher speeds.
    Tyre choice, refuelling and proper points scoring will fix F1.
    Living MY dream.
  • FatTed
    FatTed Posts: 1,205
    Never really understood the idea that we should "like" our sporting heroes. To be as good as they are at their chosen sport really means they have no time for anything else. They would make pretty dull people. I don't think LH has done anything else except drive some form of race car. I want to see Cavendish win a race not have him round for dinner. As Martin Brundle said about Alonso "easy man to admire hard man to like". Now Hunt is another matter, would have to hide Mrs Ted though.
  • VTech
    VTech Posts: 4,736
    Never really understood the idea that we should "like" our sporting heroes. To be as good as they are at their chosen sport really means they have no time for anything else. They would make pretty dull people. I don't think LH has done anything else except drive some form of race car. I want to see Cavendish win a race not have him round for dinner. As Martin Brundle said about Alonso "easy man to admire hard man to like". Now Hunt is another matter, would have to hide Mrs Ted though.

You make a very valid point, Hunt did whatever made him happy, that was drink, drugs and womanising.
    LH does the same, he does what makes him happy, the difference is, these days we have so much social media that its rammed down your throats on a daily basis which to some looks like HE is doing it but HE isn't.
    He is the best in his field, a superior driver, purely in the job on merit which isn't the case with most.
    He earns a fortune, he spends a fortune. Good on him.
    Living MY dream.
  • ugo.santalucia
    ugo.santalucia Posts: 28,171
    In life people take risks, they jump out of planes, climb mountains, bike down a hill at 40+mph...

That's not very fast... 70 is fast!
    left the forum March 2023
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,213
    His Dad is an OK guy - held down multiple jobs to fund young Lewis through his karting years and oversaw his rise into F1.

Unfortunately Lewis then pushed him to one side; coincidentally hooking up with some bimbo so-called singing artiste and he's since gone off the rails somewhat.

But, that said, he's probably the fastest driver out there at the moment. However, if I were running a team, he wouldn't be my first choice - that'd be Fernando Alonso - quick, intelligent and never, never gives up.

Whoaa! Say what you like about Hamilton but leave Nicole Scherzinger alone :evil:
  • HertsG

Whoaa! Say what you like about Hamilton ........
    He got refused entry to Wimbledon today - no jacket or tie.
  • ballysmate

Whoaa! Say what you like about Hamilton ........
    He got refused entry to Wimbledon today - no jacket or tie.

At least he didn't say 'Iz it coz I is black' :wink:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jXMKXAeB4BE