World Cup Final- England

slowmart
slowmart Posts: 4,480
edited July 2015 in The cake stop
Quotes from the England coach

"What a show of resilience and character from the team," added Sampson.
"They have shown a desire I've never seen from an England team before to hang on in there and get us through to the next round"

"We didn't play much football and Canada were outstanding. But this team just won't give in. We had to get to levels we have never been to before."

"We got ourselves through and I could not be prouder," said Sampson. "Every player ran through brick walls for this team. I don't know where this team found their energy.
"It was a do-or-die game. Canada gave everything, England gave everything and we came out on top.

Congratulations ladies. It sounds they have a nucleus of belief, desire and ability.

I don't ever remember such a ringing endorsement of any England player from the last 15 years. Run through walls for each other. Proud indeed.

Rooney and co. Take note.
“Give a man a fish and feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and feed him for a lifetime. Teach a man to cycle and he will realize fishing is stupid and boring”

Desmond Tutu

Comments

• mamba80
    mamba80 Posts: 5,032
    yep far better than that bunch of over paid sensitive primadonnas that pretends to be proud to play for England.
  • dj58
    dj58 Posts: 2,217
    Yes, well done Ladies. I don't usually watch football, but came across the England v Canada Ladies game by chance late last night/early this morning and carried on watching after England scored two goals in quick succession. If the England Men's team showed half the passion and commitment that those women did in that game, they might get somewhere in a tournament.
  • southdownswolf
    southdownswolf Posts: 1,525
    Well done ladies, started fantastic and then held on for dear life. Lets hope for another good game tomorrow night.
    I don't ever remember such a ringing endorsement of any England player from the last 15 years. Run through walls for each other. Proud indeed.

Rooney always runs through Walls. He particularly likes it when they are making Magnums as he runs through.
  • Frank Wilson
    Frank Wilson Posts: 930
    Quotes from the England coach

"What a show of resilience and character from the team," added Sampson.
    "They have shown a desire I've never seen from an England team before to hang on in there and get us through to the next round"

"We didn't play much football and Canada were outstanding. But this team just won't give in. We had to get to levels we have never been to before."

"We got ourselves through and I could not be prouder," said Sampson. "Every player ran through brick walls for this team. I don't know where this team found their energy.
    "It was a do-or-die game. Canada gave everything, England gave everything and we came out on top.

Congratulations ladies. It sounds they have a nucleus of belief, desire and ability.

Just a shame for you chaps the guy Sampson doing the motivating is Welsh!