Was this bike worth the cost?

ratchetclan4
ratchetclan4 Posts: 9
edited July 2015 in MTB general
I recently purchased the Calibre Point.50 bike from Go Outdoors which I paid £500 for, however now the bike has went down in price to £395 which is only £20 more than the Calibre Two Two. The description says it has WTB Vigilante and Bronson Tyres which is not the case as you can see in the image they are Schwalbe. Wonder what else is incorrect in its description.

http://www.gooutdoors.co.uk/calibre-point-50-alloy-hardtail-mountain-bike-p275620

Comments

• The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    You don't know if the description or photo are wrong, its not unusual for specs to change mid life, at £500 it was a good buy.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    They are having a sale, whether it was worth the cost is subjective and only you know.

Nothing wrong with Schwalbe tyres.

From T&Cs

We will take all reasonable care to ensure that all details, descriptions and prices of Products appearing on the Website are correct at the time when the relevant information was entered onto the system. Although we aim to keep the Website as up to date as possible, the information including Product Descriptions appearing on this Website at a particular time may not always reflect the position exactly at the moment you place an order. We cannot confirm the price of a Product until your order is accepted in accordance with our Order acceptance policy.

At £500 is was a good deal, at £395 it's a very good deal.

But you sound a bit bitter. Buyers regret is quite common. Secret is buy what you want, enjoy what you buy, and don't hunt for better prices after you've paid.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • I don't regret the purchase Cooldad, I'm not comparing the sale price to the price I paid cause they only have 2 left in stock and that is collection only so I can understand the price drop. However I was concerned that the parts like the tyres in the description are different than what is actually on the bike, and that maybe the £500 valuation was based on the parts in the description which are now outdated.
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Nope, its not been devalued, the RRP of those tyres is similar.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.