Wednesday...

thekickingmule
thekickingmule Posts: 7,957
edited July 2015 in The Crudcatcher
Morning Losers!

The sunshine continues, but for how long? My guess is not until the weekend. It's managed to kill about half of my bonsai, so I'm a bit pi$$ed off with it!

Today I'm not sure what I'm doing really. I should probably organise a meeting to discuss with the minions what we need to do, however I have a feeling the Estates manager is going to have a go at me for not 'keeping him in the loop' over building work I'm having done. I might get the 233 page H&S document I was given printed off and shoved in his face.

Laters!
It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
Blender Cube AMS Pro

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,862
    morning

Today has been an early start and unfortunately working as its month end and I've got to disappear later for a bit whilst taking the eldest for his 11+. Other than lots of work today has no highlights.

Later is a BBQ at the MIL, with the current wife driving - bonus
  • kinioo
    kinioo Posts: 776
    Morning Ladies,

Well, 7:30 and its alreadu 23C here !!

Office time now, but I hope we finish bit earlier today due to the heat...

I skipped the gym this morning - need more sleep after last night football - definitely getting older!

KMDA tonight.

Have a nice day.

Chris
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,300
    Morning all,
    Glorious day down here. Had to drive in today so had to suffer an air conditioned car and am now sat in an air conditioned office. Bunking off at 4 today to collect the wife and a load of election stuff, then going to get some nice scoff as it's our 20th wedding anniversary. This might delay my arrival at the pub tonight, slight risk of missing it altogether.
    The downside of having air con in the office is that the girls are not so scantily clad today.
    Onwards, to more tea...
  • bg13
    bg13 Posts: 4,598
    Morning girls,

half a day here for this lazy tw@, which is nice, the other half of the day will be spent on a golf course, hope redhotagedon leaves me alone!

Toodles.
    Loving life in rural SW France

Orange 5 Pro
    Ribble Audax
    On One Scandal 29er
  • oodboo
    oodboo Posts: 2,171
    Morning,

The heat didn't keep me awake last night, my snotty son did. It's pretty much daylight at 3am you know. Mad. The bit time I was in bed I did sleep so not feeling to bad this morning.

Rode home last night and back in this morning and I'm glad to say the seat no longer hurts. Just a short commute to this site, just under 5 miles, so I thought I'll make it as intense as possible to get max gains from a short ride. Turns out I don't have the energy for intense but still made it here in about 25 minutes. I'm happy enough with that considering the terrain. There's still one set of steps in the woods that I can't ride up.

Today will be mostly looking busy doing as little work as possible, something I'm getting quite good at. Get through Thursday and I've got a 4 day weekend. Woohoo! However summer only lasts a few days at a time so no doubt the weather will be shoot.

Laters
    I love horses, best of all the animals. I love horses, they're my friends.

Strava
  • schmako
    schmako Posts: 1,982
    Afternoon, us scottish aren't built for this heat! It cloudy but still 25 - 30C (that's at least 15C too hot), opened the window at 1am last night and was still hot outside, bleurgh.

Off tomorrow and the weekend ftw though, also hoping for some good lightning displays.
  • thekickingmule
    thekickingmule Posts: 7,957
    Afternoon, us scottish aren't built for this heat! It cloudy but still 25 - 30C (that's at least 15C too hot), opened the window at 1am last night and was still hot outside, bleurgh.
    I'm 1/4 Scottish and 3/4 Lancashire, I too am not built for this. I'm melting!
    It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
    Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • sheepsteeth
    sheepsteeth Posts: 17,418
    Hello cunts.

Had a right good day today. got in at about half nine, knocked off to go riding about half eleven (thanks for paying your taxes)

it was so hot and i got so dehydrated that i literally pissed blood after the ride (then promptly sent the picture i have of the blood stained toilet to my mates and wife) but i fixed myself withan ice cream and some lucozade.

I promised my wife i would go to A&E to get checked out but i 100% lied and instead have sat watching the telly since i got home. If i know one thing about advice from intensive care nurses it is this:

they know nowt about the signs and warnings of impending kidney failure.

Mind you, my back hurtsjust below my ribcage on both sides, kind of like a dull thudding pain which pulses in line with my heartbeat.

Probably nothing.
  • bg13
    Hello *****.

Had a right good day today. got in at about half nine, knocked off to go riding about half eleven (thanks for paying your taxes)

it was so hot and i got so dehydrated that i literally pissed blood after the ride (then promptly sent the picture i have of the blood stained toilet to my mates and wife) but i fixed myself withan ice cream and some lucozade.

I promised my wife i would go to A&E to get checked out but i 100% lied and instead have sat watching the telly since i got home. If i know one thing about advice from intensive care nurses it is this:

Mind you, my back hurtsjust below my ribcage on both sides, kind of like a dull thudding pain which pulses in line with my heartbeat.

Probably nothing.

You have bad aids, which could possibly be full on aids!

Everyone in the Army has aids whereas the Airforce are just too posh to have anything so bad!

Orange 5 Pro
    Ribble Audax
    On One Scandal 29er
  • tlw1
    Hello *****.

Probably nothing.

Everyone in the Army has aids whereas the Airforce are just too posh to have anything so bad!

what about the navy?
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,480
    Evening Fecktards,

London was a bit hot today - 35C when I left on the bike this evening. Not even a 10 minute cold shower could stop me sweating like a b@stard. Any bikram yoga fans, get your arses down to the Big Smome and go cycling, its cheaper and hotter...now resorting to alcohol to help me sleep tonight.

On the plus side, the totty is out in force and wearing the legal minimum 8)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • bg13
    Hello *****.

Probably nothing.

what about the navy?

Everyone knows they are camper than a row of pink tents!

Orange 5 Pro
    Ribble Audax
    On One Scandal 29er
  • tlw1
    Hello *****.

Probably nothing.

what about the navy?

Everyone knows they are camper than a row of pink tents!

Royal marine commandos?
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,300
    Hello *****.

Probably nothing.
    You're going to die.

eventually