How Fast have youbeen on your bike ?

1234568»

Comments

• 51.3 mph tailgating a Dutch tourist down into Glen Sannox on the island of Arran. There may or may not have been a tailwind, I was too busy trying not to run into the back of the fecker who kept touching his brake pedal to notice. And keeping lunch from entering my bibshorts at an even higher velocity.

I think they've resurfaced it now, but at the time the last few hundred yards before the bridge at the bottom were surfaced in what I can only describe as a small-scale reconstruction of the Arenberg cobbles - staying upright was something of a challenge, to say the least.

Have to confess I lost some of my downhill mojo after that..... :oops:
    "Get a bicycle. You won't regret it if you live"
    Mark Twain
  • Giraffoto
    Giraffoto Posts: 2,078
    It's the thread that just won't die!

68.4kph (~42.5mph) on a steep downhill section of road between the entrance to Wendover Woods and the entrance to Aston Hill MTB centre. In contrast to my previous top speed record, the bike felt totally secure this time.
    Specialized Roubaix Elite 2015
    XM-057 rigid 29er
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195

68.4kph (~42.5mph) on a steep downhill section of road between the entrance to Wendover Woods and the entrance to Aston Hill MTB centre. In contrast to my previous top speed record, the bike felt totally secure this time.

Off road at that speed is surely a bit nuts but I guess you're looking for a bit of street cred. However you just might land yourself in the nutter category.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252

Off road at that speed is surely a bit nuts but I guess you're looking for a bit of street cred. However you just might land yourself in the nutter category.
    He was on the road. Have you had a bang on the head (with or without a helmet) recently? :wink:
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195

He was on the road. Have you had a bang on the head (with or without a helmet) recently? :wink:

:roll: Must get some more coffee and wipe the sleep out of my eyes.

Maybe I did receive a bang to my head last night but didn't remember it 'cos I was wearing a helmet.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!