Monday mashinations

team47b
team47b Posts: 6,425
edited June 2015 in The bottom bracket
a friend asked me to fix a puncture for him, I said no probs.

It was on a back wheel, on a sturmey archer hub, this entailed removing the cable for the gear change, the guide bracket, the locking bracket that keeps the rear wheel in place, the hub brake bracket, brake cable, and finally the two wheel nuts and the two locking rings, then change the tube and reassemble, why would you design a bike that you couldn't possibly fix a puncture on the road side!

Then planted some petanga trees, now sat drinking a beer :D
my isetta is a 300cc bike

Comments

• Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    Day off today as have to fly out this week for a few days so huuuuge walk with The Hound, big weights session, steak (cooked blue) and couscous in the sun for lunch then more walking with The Hound in the afternoon.

Sprogletti have popped out with TDV so I'm just preparing dinner. Or sitting on the forum, one of the two.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,459
    Been interviewing for a new minion again, looks lime I will have to do a few more interviews. Now sat on a hot sweaty train wishing I'd pedalled in today, need a cold beer when I get home. And must pedal tomorrow as its forecast to rain later this week...
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,321
    Today I have been mowstly working; someone has to pay for the spuds.

When you back mf? Where are you going? Why are you going? Who are you seeing? What will you eat? Why is there only one monopolies commission?

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    Today I have been mowstly working; someone has to pay for the spuds.

When you back mf? Where are you going? Why are you going? Who are you seeing? What will you eat? Why is there only one monopolies commission?

Laters.

Back Friday eve, going nowhere major special (just couple of hour flight from me) just for a course for a couple of days (some new stuff they want me to run for Regt.). Plan to eat normal, awful, cheaply purchased, badly cooked canteen food during the day and a nice curry in the eve washed down with a few light ales.

Unfortunately I cannot fully answer your question on the monopolies commission, however as its corrupt it's probably F'tards doing.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,861
    Good ride in and out of work was spoilt by the work bit - that's about it for today
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,297
    Fairly busy day at work, nice wobble in and back. The boy is working at my place for 3 weeks so had to ride in with him which I find far more stressful than riding alone. He has to start earlier than me so he is gonig in earlier from now on, phew.
  • slowmart
    slowmart Posts: 4,480
    Happy customs, happy staff = happy me and topped off the day with a supposed recovery meander which turned out to be a PB chasing ride. What's all that about?

Anyway I better foam roller my legs now so cheers.
    “Give a man a fish and feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and feed him for a lifetime. Teach a man to cycle and he will realize fishing is stupid and boring”

Desmond Tutu