Kanye

rockmonkeysc
rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
edited June 2015 in The Crudcatcher
I don't like to judge a musician before they have performed. I'm no fan of Kanye's studio recordings but thought I would give his Glastonbury performance a chance. Some musicians are a lot better live. Kanye is not.
It's like some bloke in his decorating clothes with a strange nervous twitch doing Karaoke.
Very boring and where's his band? Is he really just using a backing tape to perform infront of 100,000ish people? Or are his band that ugly?
Good thing there's plenty of other stages.

Comments

• JackPozzi
    JackPozzi Posts: 1,191
    I don't like to judge a musician before they have performed. I'm no fan of Kanye's studio recordings but thought I would give his Glastonbury performance a chance. Some musicians are a lot better live. Kanye is not.
    It's like some bloke in his decorating clothes with a strange nervous twitch doing Karaoke.
    Very boring and where's his band? Is he really just using a backing tape to perform infront of 100,000ish people? Or are his band that ugly?
    Good thing there's plenty of other stages.

I'm not a fan but I was quite impressed, bold move to have a completely empty stage with just him as the focal point but the couple of songs I saw he had enough presence to carry it off...

Having said that, I've now switched over to watch Suede
  • rockmonkeysc
    Suede were a load better. Good show.
  • bg13
    bg13 Posts: 4,598
    Did he disappear up his own arris?
    Loving life in rural SW France

Orange 5 Pro
    Ribble Audax
    On One Scandal 29er
  • rockmonkeysc
    According to people who were there he would have to improve before he could be described as crap.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    According to people who were there he would have to improve before he could be described as crap.

This covers it perfectly
  • JodyP
    JodyP Posts: 193
    JackPozzi. Are you sure you were watching Kanye. Enough presence to carry it off? I like SOME of Kanyes stuff but his performance was absolute tosh
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,249
    Is it wrong that I would like there to be a reason to merge this thread with the celebrity death pool?
  • Chunkers1980
    Chunkers1980 Posts: 8,035
    Yes it would. As clearly no one would want the have the greatest living rockstar die.
  • rockmonkeysc
    That made me laugh! Greatest living rock star? Firstly he isn't a rock star, no one would describe his music as rock, it's commercial rap. Secondly he isn't great let alone the greatest. However, I can unfortunately agree that he is living.
    Him and his wife are both extremely deluded about their importance and greatness. The only way Kim Kardashian is going to break the Internet with her arse is if she sits on it.
    The bigger acts at Glastonbury are flown in by helicopter from a site near where I live, about 15 miles from the festival. Before and after each big act a helicopter would go over my house. Before and after Kanye there were five helicopters together. I'm guessing one for Kanye, one for the laptop with his backing music and three for his ego.
    'kin idiots, the pair of them.
  • sheepsteeth
    sheepsteeth Posts: 17,418
    I dont think a link is safe for work but did anyone see the pictures of the flag being waved in the crowd which showed an image from Miss Kardashian's home movie history?

inspired!
  • rockmonkeysc
    The flag was still going around on Sunday, people were having their photos taken with it!
  • gt-arrowhead
    gt-arrowhead Posts: 2,507
    I genuinely laughed when i read that he called him self "the greatest rockstar ever" What an absolute bellend.

Him and Kim Kardashian make an excellent couple though, ill give them that. Both of them are overrated fake bellends.
  • rockmonkeysc
    Since Sunday I haven't heard a good thing about the hopeless tosser