Back to Work Monday....

thekickingmule
thekickingmule Posts: 7,957
edited June 2015 in The Crudcatcher
Mehning Losers!

CBA with work. I've got a rather busy week to say the least.

Firstly, the job I didn't get last week has been readvertised already, so I'm going to email them (again) asking for feedback and whether I should bother reapplying for it. If they say not to bother, I'm going to lay into them saying they clearly want someone too specific and not willing to take a risk and train them up. This will ruin my chances, but clear my conscience.

Then I need to apply for two more jobs.

And I have building work starting at my current job today. And collections being picked up.

Meh.

Laters!
It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
Blender Cube AMS Pro

Comments

• kinioo
    kinioo Posts: 776
    Morning Ladies,

Nat bad weeknd, not bad at all.

Nice 46km solo ride out on Saturday.

then I supported my wife on her 10k Hitchin run on Sunday - nice dinner after that.

Gym this morning at 6:30 and back to the office now.

Have a nice day chaps!

Chris
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,298
    Morning all,
    Lovely sunny day out there with a pleasant wobble in to work. The boy is working here for 3 weeks so had to drag him in with me. Makes riding in traffic much more stressful when you're worrying about a 16 year old kid.
    Probably be quite busy in work today, I think I have to go into a meeting later to talk about oil. Deep joy. Glad the air con in the office is now fully functional.
    TKM, you never know your luck. I was turned down for my first job many years ago as I didn't have the experience. I arranged to meet the guy and asked how I was supposed to get any experience. Had another interview there and then and got the job. Don't have a go at them, just explain in reasonable terms why you would be good for them.
    Enough being serious, where's my phucking tea????
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,862
    Morning

Decent ride in today, the problem is I'm now staving!

Right more tea
  • thekickingmule
    thekickingmule Posts: 7,957
    TKM, you never know your luck. I was turned down for my first job many years ago as I didn't have the experience. I arranged to meet the guy and asked how I was supposed to get any experience. Had another interview there and then and got the job. Don't have a go at them, just explain in reasonable terms why you would be good for them.
    Enough being serious, where's my phucking tea????
    Yeah, I've just had a thought that I think I remember one of the interviewers saying they were off on holiday this week, and that was the person that sent me the email that I've been replying to. I might try emailing the HR department and see what they say. I've been polite with what I've said so far. We shall see...
    It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
    Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • oodboo
    oodboo Posts: 2,171
    Afternoon,

Busier than expected this morning, not used to this working lark, I don't like it. Managed very little sleep over the weekend as well so I'm feeling grumpier than usual as well. It's not helping that I'm going for lunch over an hour later than usual either.

Until tomorrow
    I love horses, best of all the animals. I love horses, they're my friends.

Strava
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Afternoon people, not much to report bar im at work (boring) and i remembered I left the bike in the boot, must rescue it and wash it from yesterdays muddy shenanigans.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,474
    Evening Rubberneckers,

Fark this train is hot and sweaty, need to get home, get the shorts on and crack a cold drink. Minion interviews continued today, though looks like I'll have to do quite a few before I get someone I really want to hire. May pedal tomorrow while its not raining.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • bg13
    bg13 Posts: 4,598
    Evening shims,

Soz i'm a bit late but the tennis is on and i've been single handedly enjoying the ladies tennis highlights!

Work was meh! But i have actually been productive......which is a bit of a change!

Other than that, foods has been had and relaxing is occurring!

Toodley pip
    Loving life in rural SW France

Orange 5 Pro
    Ribble Audax
    On One Scandal 29er