Spud planter's Friday

team47b
team47b Posts: 6,424
edited June 2015 in The bottom bracket
hi all.

Sat eating Second breakfast, dug sweet potato bed ready for planting, it's currently 41c so work finished for the day, we will venture out in the glass bubble as it's a bit hot for cycling now :D
my isetta is a 300cc bike

Comments

• homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 7,976
    Hello computer screen dwellers, today has had nothing in the way of potato based activity however porridge has been consumed along with tea.

Tonight will be a torrid affair as I have to take 7 x 12yr olds to the Trafford Centre for dinner then to Jump Nation for an hour of jumping and hopefully keeping said dinner inside themselves.

Then back to ours where a few of them are having a sleep over downstairs so, I think I'll take one of the decent bottles of red I got for my birthday to bed and watch something on telly.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195

Tonight will be a torrid affair as I have to take 7 x 12yr olds to the Trafford Centre for dinner then to Jump Nation for an hour of jumping and hopefully keeping said dinner inside themselves.

Why not do the jumping before the dinner?

Is T47 advertising his Pikey skills in a sort of lateral CV submission?

Drizzling dreich day. Perfect for lighting a fire in the back yard which will never burn properly and waft smoke over the fence. Perhaps I should pour in some of the cooking oil dregs...

Boy, the forums are 'livelier' than a Reynolds 501 26" frame today. Shows you how many 'poets' there are.

Off to buy popcorn and enjoy Road General (for a change).

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 7,976
    Session is 8-9pm so its getting pretty late as its a good drive home and I've got kids to drop off and wine to consume.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • team47b
    team47b Posts: 6,424

Why not do the jumping before the dinner?

Is T47 advertising his Pikey skills in a sort of lateral CV submission?

There is a bath somewhere in the back garden, I realise this should be in the front garden next to the fridges but CBA :D
    my isetta is a 300cc bike
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    Absolutely lovely walk, huge laughs and brunch with The Hound and TDSOTBFW who was turning heads (in a good way) as we wandered into the trendy brunch-eaterie. Always an ego boost.

Popped into work, shot some stuff now chillin' with the sproglets before heading back to work for beer and giggles.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,249
    I thought you mended things that other people had shot?
    Busy day today. Very exciting ride in this morning, thankfully my helmet saved me from total disaster. It took the full force of the impact and didn't split. When I got to work I did have to give it a wash though as I don't like a dirty helmet and the acid content may have damaged it. Lovely and sunny out there at the moment, hopefully it will stay that way. The new air con system in the office is finally up and running, this has led to numerous complaints about it being cold. FFS! No teenagers in the house until about 8pm tonight so just me and the EPO. I might try to ply her with more wine, but I did that last night. Could do something radical and go out to eat.
    I went to a really exciting meeting this morning about oil. I managed to stay awake but only because I went in and told the marketing and purchasing types what we needed from a sales point of view and then left them to argue the details with the supplier. That saved me from a further 2 hours of tedium. Pesky phone just rang and I've left this for an hour doing work. Bah!
    Home time soon.
  • Matthewfalle
    I thought you mended things that other people had shot?
    Busy day today. Very exciting ride in this morning, thankfully my helmet saved me from total disaster. It took the full force of the impact and didn't split. When I got to work I did have to give it a wash though as I don't like a dirty helmet and the acid content may have damaged it. Lovely and sunny out there at the moment, hopefully it will stay that way. The new air con system in the office is finally up and running, this has led to numerous complaints about it being cold. FFS! No teenagers in the house until about 8pm tonight so just me and the EPO. I might try to ply her with more wine, but I did that last night. Could do something radical and go out to eat.
    I went to a really exciting meeting this morning about oil. I managed to stay awake but only because I went in and told the marketing and purchasing types what we needed from a sales point of view and then left them to argue the details with the supplier. That saved me from a further 2 hours of tedium. Pesky phone just rang and I've left this for an hour doing work. Bah!
    Home time soon.

I do both: medic is trade (ie my job) but first role is shootin' things, then once everybody is safe (ie me and my casualty) Savin' things.

Non combatant medic malarkey went out years ago.

I between I am a genius and world ruling plotter.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,151
    Wahey. On the train already. Got to chuck a change of kit in the car then its off to sunny Lincolnshire where there are lots of potatoes. An alcoholic Saturday beckons :)

@V68 - self inflicted job or was someone else involved?
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    Wahey. On the train already. Got to chuck a change of kit in the car then its off to sunny Lincolnshire where there are lots of potatoes. An alcoholic Saturday beckons :)

@V68 - self inflicted job or was someone else involved?

It was probably a pigeon. Keep up at the back.
  • Matthewfalle
    I have just spent the past 1 1/2 hours with my penis in a plastic beaker.

What a waste of an evening.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • pinno
    I have just spent the past 1 1/2 hours with my penis in a plastic beaker.

What a waste of an evening.

...and you are firing blanks?

Did you manage to get the lid off or did you need a bit of help?
  • Matthewfalle
    CDT tonight. Now drinking wine to try and blank out picture of a good friend having to look at my penis for an hour and a half.

Now drinking more wine trying to blank out the picture of my own penis in a beaker......

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Was it a small beaker ;)

Crap work day, topped off with dropping off the scooby van :(

Bright side, decent commute home on the single speed (sub 2 hrs) and straight to the pub :) just got home and the wife is cooking whilst I have a bath, then wine :)
  • Matthewfalle
    Was it a small beaker ;)

Bright side, decent commute home on the single speed (sub 2 hrs) and straight to the pub :) just got home and the wife is cooking whilst I have a bath, then wine :)

Big beaker unfortunately..........

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • tlw1
    Was it a small beaker ;)

Big beaker unfortunately..........

:)
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,249
    I did a Mr H, got a call from the Mrs on the way home and diverted to a pub. Had a couple of pints and some scoff and chatted to the EPO. She's quite nice, I should talk to her more often. We remembered it's our 20th wedding anniversary on Wednesday, seems to have snuck up on us a bit. We discussed buying presents but decided going to Italy for a few days in the autumn would be more sensible. Buying a car was also mentioned, a big, fast estate car is favourite. Otherwise something really dull.
  • tlw1
    I did a Mr H, got a call from the Mrs on the way home and diverted to a pub. Had a couple of pints and some scoff and chatted to the EPO. She's quite nice, I should talk to her more often. We remembered it's our 20th wedding anniversary on Wednesday, seems to have snuck up on us a bit. We discussed buying presents but decided going to Italy for a few days in the autumn would be more sensible. Buying a car was also mentioned, a big, fast estate car is favourite. Otherwise something really dull.

:)

It's ours on Tuesday, but our first date was on Wednesday evening many, many years ago (at school)