Schwalbe One 28c's

zak3737
zak3737 Posts: 370
edited June 2015 in Road general
Just fitted some Schwalbe One's to my Roubaix, in 28c, to see how much more comfy they might be...

Gotta say - over yesterday's 40mile ride, country roads, not all brilliant surfaces, they were absolutely superb, and for my weight, a huge improvement.

No loss of speed, for me at least, and good grip from what I could tell yesterday, so I'm well happy.

Those of you not 'racing snakes' like me, may well benefit too if your frame allows.

Comments

• roux_guy
    roux_guy Posts: 88
    I can only agree, I'm running Schwalbe One tubeless in 25mm and they're the dog's gonads so far :-).
  • 2oldnslow
    2oldnslow Posts: 313
    edited June 2015
    +2 28's on Stans Grail rims superb ride, very easy fitment and held air for days without any sealant complete opposite of the Hutchinson Secteur 28 Pacenti SL23 combination I run on another bike which was an absolute ********* to get on and sealed. Once on they also ride very very well however but will definitely be replaced with a One when the time comes.
  • bristolpete
    bristolpete Posts: 2,255
    Do you ever feel like you have the phantom puncture due to lower pressure and higher volume tyres ?

I too like the look of 28 for Devon roads and was gobsmacked by the transition from 23 - 25mm.
  • zak3737
    Do you ever feel like you have the phantom puncture due to lower pressure and higher volume tyres ?

Didn't feel soft or sluggish at all, ran at about 100psi, - for my 95kg weight.
    They just felt more forgiving and comfortable.
  • bristolpete

Didn't feel soft or sluggish at all, ran at about 100psi, - for my 95kg weight.
    They just felt more forgiving and comfortable.

Nice, I am the same weight, so I will give it some thought. The only caveat I can level at it is I bought my Mavic Ksyrium one month before the new wider rims were announced/available so putting a 28mm on a narrow rim might negate the benefit and make it flop out rather than roll. Shame as the new Ksyriums with blue hubs and nipples are lovely and only £50 more than the old style.
  • zak3737
    I'm on Ksyrium Elites that are at least 1yr, possibly 2, old, - they were on my bike when I bought it Jan this year.
    I didnt even consider that tbh, thats the noob in me as a relatively new cyclist.

No issues however, or so far !
  • bristolpete
    I'm on Ksyrium Elites that are at least 1yr, possibly 2, old, - they were on my bike when I bought it Jan this year.
    I didnt even consider that tbh, thats the noob in me as a relatively new cyclist.

No issues however, or so far !

Great, thanks for that. Think I will order some. Some of the roads around here rather lamentable at best. East Budleigh to Exmouth shakes your tooth filling out !!!! Nice one. Thanks again.
  • 2oldnslow
    2oldnslow Posts: 313
    had mine at 85/80 R/F today (I'm 80kg) and felt anything but soft and or sluggish. Me maybe the tyres definitely not.
  • JC180
    JC180 Posts: 9
    Done hundreds of miles on my 28 Ones since fitting them last month to my Domane.

Couldn't be happier, roll fast, grippy and super comfortable.

Quote an amazing combination as it happens. (Domane/Ones)