Da Spud Muncher Tursday Tread

pinno
pinno Posts: 51,195
edited June 2015 in The bottom bracket
Top o' the marnin to the lot of ya, not the half o' ya but the lot o' ya.

I'm practising to be a real proper Pikey which will eventually lead to real proper complaints from the neighbours. I intend to squeeze a static caravan (wid matchin' periwinkle upholstery), hold illegal fist fights underneath it* and fill it with constantly barking 57 variety dog's inside. The rest of the available space will be occupied with scrap - that's the easy bit. I fully intend to have a river of waste cooking oil leeching out of old rusty containers and into their garden by the end of the week.

*Blokes with shovels required.

Just enjoying the peace. Toots last day at playgroup. I am toying with going out on the velocipede and then doing some work. I think one is going to have to give and I know which one.

I see V68 is doing some exciting stuff. :roll:

viewtopic.php?f=40012&t=13031419#p19633749

Laters.
seanoconn - gruagach craic!

Comments

• veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,249
    You have no idea how exciting my life is. I've had a disaster this morning that has thrown everything and I don't know what to do next. I had a ginger nut failure whilst dunking. I reckon there must have been a crack in it that compromised it's structural integrity causing a very premature failure resulting in soggy biscuit in the bottom of my cup. I now have another cup of tea, should I risk dunking again?
    Not much else going on today. might stroll down to Sainsbury's to get some lunch later. Otherwise work avoidance is the order of the day. Need to sort out the new head of accounts and get her up to speed on the Cyclescheme as there are 3 people waiting for their vouchers.
    Onwards and upwards...
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 7,976
    Not much to report from here, I went on my bicycle last night and didn't need anything waterproof.

I had a cold beer, got showered and changed and walked to the daughters for dinner.

I had three vodka tonics.

We walked home and went to bed.

Today involves the house being cleaned, a fish cake and salad for lunch and a short training ride with mrs.HD as she's joining* me on the Great Manchester Cycle on sunday.

Dinner today is an unknown.

Tea is being brewed as I speak.

I say joining wheras I really mean "being left for dust at the start line :P
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • pinno
    You... I had a ginger nut failure whilst dunking. ...upwards...

As a seasoned pro, I am so surprised that you didn't have a teaspoon at the ready. Ginger Nuts hold together reasonably long when floating in the drink, you have T minus x to extract it before fragmentation (f) at a rate of disintegration (x). Rich tea, Digestive and Nice rate really low on the scale of structural integrity (si rate).
    Calculating si rate costs a lot. Fragmentation time is calculated thus:

f(t) = T - x(si)
  • veronese68
    You... I had a ginger nut failure whilst dunking. ...upwards...

As a seasoned pro, I am so surprised that you didn't have a teaspoon at the ready. Ginger Nuts hold together reasonably long when floating in the drink, you have T minus x to extract it before fragmentation (f) at a rate of disintegration (x). Rich tea, Digestive and Nice rate really low on the scale of structural integrity (si rate).
    Calculating si rate costs a lot. Fragmentation time is calculated thus:

f(t) = T - x(si)
    A fork was the first thing that came to hand. It had dropped like a rock but most of it came out in one piece as it was holding together, confirming my suspicions about a crack causing the failure. A few bits were left at the bottom but all was not lost.
    The day has improved significantly as I was just given a large slice of chocolate cake by the marketing guys. Fork came into use for the second time today.
  • homers_double
    For stabbing marketing types?
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • veronese68
    Good idea, but might have appeared ungrateful.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Good idea, but might have appeared ungrateful.

You can't kill the undead
  • Flâneur
    Flâneur Posts: 3,081
    what is worse, marketing crowd or the penny pinchers?

The failure of the biscuit was probably due to your failure as the handler. Perhaps your ignorance and the lack of understanding of time/temperature/moisture. You get the picture

Long meeting this morning. Curry later, no training, well no sport training.

Bagel, philly and steak for lunch. London tomorrow, thank god for civilization, though that could be Pina's joint these days
    Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • pinno
    Ha ha. Pedalling took precedence (for any of the doubters) and it drizzled for the duration but it was mild and I did get into the back draft of a trattor at a very conducive 24mph for 3 miles which temporarily alleviated the head wind and made me feel right special hard fast road boy, especially when I passed a cute blonde farmer girl in a John Deer pair of overalls smiling* at me.

I think teacups/mugs should have a built in raise-able mesh. However, dunking cake is a tricky one to solve.

*This is open to interpretation.

'Pina's joint', 'civilisation'... I am going to have to think about that for a while.
  • homers_double
    Urgh, this heavy air is more oppressive than a north korean dictator so its pretty much guaranteed to piss down at 4.55pm.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    Cake and coffee and extremely productive day at work.

Found things in a hanger they said they didn't have so I stole them and hid them in my empirical state so they will never find them.

Now chillin' before cookin' and feedin' sproglets.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,149
    Productive day, although much of it spent on the mind-bendingly interesting subject of transfer pricing...headed out in a bit for beers so all is not lost. And tomorrow is Friday with an out of town p1ss up on the cards on the weekend 8)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Matthewfalle
    Sproglets have been fed and watered so I am now watching Ben Ten. It rocks.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • pinno
    Thing 1 liked my Cottage pie, thing 2 needed coercion and blackmail to eat it but we got there in the end.
  • homers_double
    Training ride done, now sat outside the pub replenishing lost calories!
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Matthewfalle
    I have forced N1 child to watch Ben Ten by bribing her with short dated chocolate yogurt thing.

I have also decided to start really insipid threads in Road General to try and lull them into a false of security before destroying them whilst also pushing up my post count.

I think one middle of the road fairly wet thread a day should do the job.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • pinno
    I have forced N1 child to watch Ben Ten by bribing her with short dated chocolate yogurt thing.

I have also decided to start really insipid threads in Road General to try and lull them into a false of security before destroying them whilst also pushing up my post count.

I think one middle of the road fairly wet thread a day should do the job.

If you think you're going to get some sort of army style backup, you've got another thing coming.

However, a list of controversial subjects may be of assistance to you.

Helmets
    Some cycling video showing a driver doing the wrong thing (apparently)
    "I have a problem with my Triban 3..."
    "I bought a bike from...blah...blah...blah and it fell apart after I went down a cliff on it but I can't get my money back..."
    Potholes
    Sheep on the road
    Cattle Grids
    Riding on 30psi rear, 25psi front 35 mm and they are rubbing on the road frame
    Under moderation
    "I have £500 to spend on a bike and I really want to get into cycling but I don't know what to buy..."
    "I'm 23 weighing 17 stone and I averaged 13mph on my first 10 mile ride and I really want to go faster and I don't know how..."
  • slowmart
    slowmart Posts: 4,474
    Received the long overdue cash today. Agreed contractual points with rather large and new client and first staged payment is due next week. Happy days.

Arrived home and went for a ride to celebrate......
    “Give a man a fish and feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and feed him for a lifetime. Teach a man to cycle and he will realize fishing is stupid and boring”

Desmond Tutu
  • pinno
    Received the long overdue cash today. Agreed contractual points with rather large and new client and first staged payment is due next week. Happy days.

'Cash', 'Contract', 'Client'... Very dodgy.
  • Stevo_666

Yeah, all this commercial wealth generation - can't be having that can we.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Flâneur
    Piña though any more about that civilization in your garden?

Worked out why the boss invited me for a curry, gave me the best meetings to go represent at today. Good news is at least some of the senior people appreciated the resistance
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • pinno

Yeah, all this commercial wealth generation - can't be having that can we.

This is BB. There's no need to get on your soap box in here. I was suggesting something completely different but seen as you are now a fully fledged Tory Alistair Campbell...
  • Stevo_666
    edited June 2015
    Tongue in cheek Mr. P - although as I've learned in Cake Stop, even generous use of smilies doesn't stop self righteous leftitwats getting on their high horses :)

Edited for shyte spelling in case the grammar nazis show up :P
  • pinno
    Piña though any more about that civilization in your garden?

Turning Pikey is the best option. I need a few lurchers, a shotgun, half a dozen old prams, a loud stereo system powered from car batteries, a Whisky still, a huge pot to cook the what-we-have on a stinking old oil burner, some old shopping trolley's, a pile of old tyres and an old banger I can start up and rev at all hours of the day.

All donations welcome, including a shower of prossies to entertain clients at all hours of the day.
  • Matthewfalle
    Children in team kit seems to be working well so far :)

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Good day today, decent slug of work done and a nice meal out with the current wife
  • Flâneur
    MF, doesn't your job demand you wear certain clothes? (pulling in his other thread to our little chit chat)
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • pinno
    MF, doesn't your job demand you wear certain clothes? (pulling in his other thread to our little chit chat)

A Saville Row suit and a bowler hat... that conjurs up some images.
  • Matthewfalle

On top, yes, but underneath I tend to express how I feel that day - could be a lttle frisky if it's a nice summer day, you know, that sort of thing.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.