Pubday Wednesday

veronese68
veronese68 Posts: 27,252
edited June 2015 in The bottom bracket
Just for Piña I thought I'd start a daily thread.
Trying to catch up on stuff from yesterday at the moment, hopefully I'll get there today as it's usually my quiet day. Good day visiting customers yesterday, all quite positive. Really need to do that more often, I wonder if I could get a supplier visit up north in there as well? Preferably in a pub.
The boy has finished his exams and gone camping with a group of friends for a few days. Hopefully he will make it back in one piece. Not much else going on, I need to work out how to move a thread to a different forum as some point, didn't want to play last night. I'm going to stick the football thread in Cakestop into BB so they are all in the same place.

Comments

• homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 7,977
    I've just wasted 1/2 an hour of my life with an inspector who wants to find the source of a tiny crack in a piece of metal.

Now I'm on to making a square peg fit in a round hole and then hopefully I shall go home and do some last minute training for a bike event on Sunday as I'm about as prepared for it as a dead sheep. Mind you it's only 26 miles so will be a breeze but I was kind of hoping for a gale force performance.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Flâneur
    Flâneur Posts: 3,081
    Debating what to have for lunch,
    Thinking about sending a mod hate mail for moving my topic about football to a lower league. Power trips have started! ;0

Oh my ankle is ruptured and I get to visit another orthopedic surgeon to see if he understands the second swelling in the ankle. Ain't life fun
    Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • chris_bass
    chris_bass Posts: 4,913
    All good here (hayfever aside).

My headset press (and by that i mean, 300mm threaded bar, some washers and some nuts) should arrive today so can start building up the cube peloton frame i bought to replace my knackered agree GTC, got it for £75 brand new and all the other bits will move straight over from the GTC, happy days!
    www.conjunctivitis.com - a site for sore eyes
  • veronese68
    Thinking about sending a mod hate mail for moving my topic about football to a lower league. Power trips have started! ;0
    I was getting accused of all sorts in Road General. Some seem to think I should do rather more modding, if I did it the way they wanted it would be very quiet around here. :roll:
    Luckily I have a thick skin.
  • veronese68

My headset press (and by that i mean, 300mm threaded bar, some washers and some nuts) should arrive today so can start building up the cube peloton frame i bought to replace my knackered agree GTC, got it for £75 brand new and all the other bits will move straight over from the GTC, happy days!
    I was wondering about your broken frame the other day. Was that a partial warranty good will thing then?
    Thank you for reminding me to take my hayfever stuff.
  • slowmart
    slowmart Posts: 4,474
    I was hoping to finish early for a warm and sunny ride.......
    “Give a man a fish and feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and feed him for a lifetime. Teach a man to cycle and he will realize fishing is stupid and boring”

Desmond Tutu
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380

Oh my ankle is ruptured and I get to visit another orthopedic surgeon to see if he understands the second swelling in the ankle.
    Ain't life fun

Nah - You don't want to do that. You want to put a post in Road General asking a load of cyclists about it, ignore any medical advice you have received because you don't like the sound of it then self diagnose while being ridiculously rude to people. I heard this is the best way to work out lung capacity.

That's what you want to do.

Personally, chilled out morning at work, coffee and chicken noodles a go - go, heading home in 10 minutes then back to work later for some shouting at some crows (the people kind, not the bird kind). MF may be getting a tad angry at them.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,196
    This going to the daily thread then? hectic morning, taking 5 minutes to gather myself

I second that.

MILFS galore today. Stiff neck now.

Neighbours put in a complaint to the landlord about the fact that basically our children are behaving like...well...children. Toots 1 managed to go through their gate, the conservatory and get inside their house!! She shouted "Oh my god, oh my god that's terrible" but the OH had retrieved her before any damage was done.
    Also, they keep putting things through the gap in the fence...
    Hitting the gate with their scooters...
    Making noise...

They don't like children and they sometimes work nights. Suggestions please on how I 'improve' the relationship with the neighbours. One of them is a crudder btw. A part time one who goes out once in a blue moon and come's back a bit red in the face, more red in the face than I do.
    Please come up to Scotland and we will have a barbie, some beers, a disco in the back garden to discuss this matter in more detail. Wheelspinner can do the cooking 'cos they do that sort of sh1t down under quite a lot I hear. Sae15w40 can dig a hole (experience in agricultural activities taken into consideration) to put the ice and beers in that matth will supply and Stevo can employ a minion work out how much it will cost so he can pay for it all. Other positions available upon request. T47 may not get here in time seen as the bubble may not get up Shap fell without a tow.

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • chris_bass

I was wondering about your broken frame the other day. Was that a partial warranty good will thing then?
    Thank you for reminding me to take my hayfever stuff.

No, I didn't get a response from Cube directly and the local cube dealers weren't too hopeful as the frame is over 3 years old. I saw a peloton frame on bike-discount.de in the sale so I thought for £75 i'd just buy it to cut out the hassle. All the parts from the other parts from the gtc will fit so no other cost. The peloton frame is actually pretty nice, the fork colour doesn't quite match but i can live with that.

I'll keep on at cube and if anything comes of it will just sell the replacement frame. The brake cable noise on the inside of the top tube was driving me a bit mad anyway!
  • veronese68

Oh my ankle is ruptured and I get to visit another orthopedic surgeon to see if he understands the second swelling in the ankle.
    Ain't life fun

Nah - You don't want to do that. You want to put a post in Road General asking a load of cyclists about it, ignore any medical advice you have received because you don't like the sound of it then self diagnose while being ridiculously rude to people. I heard this is the best way to work out lung capacity.

Personally, chilled out morning at work, coffee and chicken noodles a go - go, heading home in 10 minutes then back to work later for some shouting at some crows (the people kind, not the bird kind). MF may be getting a tad angry at them.
    Please don't do that, I'll get whined at again. I like a quiet life.
    I really don't know why somebody would do that. When I had my lymphoma I didn't look at anything to do with it on the web as the last thing you need is a load of scare stories and quackery.
  • veronese68
    Piña had posted in the wrong thread, he gets confused easily, so I've put his post in the right place a few post up.
  • pinno
    Piña had posted in the wrong thread, he gets confused easily, so I've put his post in the right place a few post up.

It is totally immaterial where you post anything as people don't listen anyway.
  • Matthewfalle

Ain't life fun

I really don't know why somebody would do that. When I had my lymphoma I didn't look at anything to do with it on the web as the last thing you need is a load of scare stories and quackery.

Because he's a fuckkktard. (Or so some medical bloke on a gardeners forum diagnosed him as. Nothing to do with me).

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Flâneur
    Can I create said thread and have a book on what is wrong with me?

I'll say I have the chikungunya virus
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • chris_bass

It is totally immaterial where you post anything as people don't listen anyway.

pardon?
  • slowmart
    slowmart Posts: 4,474
    Debating
    . MF may be getting a tad angry at them.

WTF. you're referencing yourself in the third person? :shock:

Head trauma, too many noodles laced with some exotic drug cocktail or are the crows answering back :wink:

Equally slowmart was expecting a sizeable and overdue payment today and it doesn't look like it's going to be forthcoming in which case slowmart's testicles could be hanging from slowmart's wifes' ears tonight......

Slowmart shits you not.
    “Give a man a fish and feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and feed him for a lifetime. Teach a man to cycle and he will realize fishing is stupid and boring”

Desmond Tutu
  • veronese68
    Debating
    . MF may be getting a tad angry at them.

WTF. you're referencing yourself in the third person? :shock:
    I think they said it's because he has far too high an opinion of himself and no sense of humour. There was probably more but I really can't be bothered to go looking for it.
  • Flâneur
    Pina I'm not good with manual labour
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Lots of exciting meetings in Stoke today (might be a lie)

Now waiting to pick the rats up from some theatre club, before showing off the demo transporter to some pals - such fun
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318

Ain't life fun

Because he's a fuckkktard. (Or so some medical bloke on a gardeners forum diagnosed him as. Nothing to do with me).
    What did I miss?? Who are we wading in against, MatthewFalle or the fuckkktard?

Why is slowmart such a smart @rse?

Are we trying to make Veronese's life hard or easy? Is he really thick skinned?? Only time will tell......

Cycled 30 miles, walked 10 = knackered
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • veronese68
    MF, he can handle it. See locked 3rd world hospital thread in General.
    Slowmart just is, they say stick to what you're good at.
    I'm thick skinned, until I ban you.
    Is that a walk in the crudder sense of the word?
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318
    I have no crudder sense, roadie pure blood and have never strayed into other parts of the forum, apart from a brief foray into commuting, I realised that's where the forum houses all the fuckkktards.

And when are you going to fix my bike! The chain is rubbing again!
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,167
    Why is slowmart such a smart @rse?
    FFS Seano, how long did it take you to notice that? :lol:
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo_666
    Please come up to Scotland and we will have a barbie, some beers, a disco in the back garden to discuss this matter in more detail. Wheelspinner can do the cooking 'cos they do that sort of sh1t down under quite a lot I hear. Sae15w40 can dig a hole (experience in agricultural activities taken into consideration) to put the ice and beers in that matth will supply and Stevo can employ a minion work out how much it will cost so he can pay for it all. Other positions available upon request. T47 may not get here in time seen as the bubble may not get up Shap fell without a tow.
    I'm in :)

Brutal day, interviewing for a minion while also being told the top brass want to close out an acquisition by the end of the week, so my gravity trip has had to be cancelled :( Small consolation that it was due to p1ss down in S. Wales on Friday...
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Flâneur
    saw a thread called something slipping, my first thought was truly BB
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • Matthewfalle
    Man, MF goes work and goes to work on some crows and all this happens - MF needs to give up work.

Has MF mentioned Alison Brie?s loveliness to anyone? MF loves her.TDLO? MF says who? tDSOTBAW is back and is asking about MF.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • tlw1

Brutal day, interviewing for a minion while also being told the top brass want to close out an acquisition by the end of the week, so my gravity trip has had to be cancelled :( Small consolation that it was due to p1ss down in S. Wales on Friday...

I'm in too
  • Stevo_666

I'm in too
    We could go up there and do some downhilling. Pinno will give us a tow if we chuck him a few tin cans and a bit of manky old chip fat.

b3146e540f93485ccb63f5800f2baa2d.jpg
  • tlw1

I'm in too
    We could go up there and do some downhilling. Pinno will give us a tow if we chuck him a few tin cans and a bit of manky old chip fat.

b3146e540f93485ccb63f5800f2baa2d.jpg

Won't that get him visably excited?
  • pinno
    Can I create said thread and have a book on what is wrong with me?

I'll say I have the chikungunya virus

My oh my. I knew a guy who had that and after seeing 3 GP's, a consultant and a radiologist they said he was fine, even though he knew he was anything but. He then moved and registered with a new GP, by which time he was really ill - so ill he turned a pale green and his left testicle swelled up to the size of a tennis ball. His new GP recognised the symptoms of the chikungunya virus straight away and told him to rub beetroot on his ears for a week or so. He's doing fine now and was doing lots of cycling until he went on a cycling holiday in a 3rd world country and had an accident...

Learn to dig. You need 'agricultural' skills here.