Lee Valley Accreditation

Chinley Churner
Chinley Churner Posts: 313
edited June 2015 in Track
I thought the whole point of a national indoor accreditation scheme was that, it's on your licence, and means you're effectively accredited for all of the UK's indoor velodromes but this doesn't seem to be the case.

I'm accredited at Manchester but, as I occasionally go down to London, thought great, I can book on an SQT.. apparently not. Yes, you bypass steps 1-3 of their process but still have to book on and go through a £32 accreditation session before being allowed on an SQT.

Flip it the other way and it seems that accredited riders from London can come to Manchester, get provisional accreditation and book straight onto an SQT. Yes, it's provisional accreditation but it still allows them to go straight onto sessions.

Call me cynical but this seems like a bit of a money grabbing ploy from Lee Valley and it'd be interesting to hear from them what their rationale is.

Surely there should be a consistent policy throughout the country?

Comments

• JackPozzi
    JackPozzi Posts: 1,191
    Did hear that people were going to other velodromes and doing a single session to pass accredition so LV said that anyone with accreditation from elsewhere has to pass stage 4 at LV to ensure the standards are OK.

Have also heard plenty of people with the cynical viewpoint though!`

Think that the UK accrediation now really only applies to racing around the country, each velodrome seems to be able to do hat they want for training sessions...
  • Paul 8v
    Paul 8v Posts: 5,458
    I heard it was something to do with the insurance. LVV falls under The city of London and The rest are British Cycling. This could be rubbish though. I will say though, the guys and girls at LVV are very good, it's some bureaucrat somewhere deciding this sort of thing unfortunately.
  • oldwelshman
    oldwelshman Posts: 4,733
    Its all bollox, Manchester is the same. I can enter world masters track champs but cannot ride SQT in Manchester? It is supposed to be a regulated test for accreditation, I do not have to take a different driving test to drive in other cities, the tracks are the same ffs.
  • Its all bollox, Manchester is the same. I can enter world masters track champs but cannot ride SQT in Manchester? It is supposed to be a regulated test for accreditation, I do not have to take a different driving test to drive in other cities, the tracks are the same ffs.

Good point, well made Dai. You should become the next President of UCI instead of Legro.
    Live to ski
    Ski to live