Supra RC58 Clinchers

rokt
rokt Posts: 493
edited June 2015 in Road buying advice
I've been looking for some deep (ish) section wheels for a build I'm on with and
I've found these Supra RC58 at Merlin Cycles, anyone any experience of them
or dare I say offer any comments.

Comments

• luv2ride
    luv2ride Posts: 2,367
    I've just had a clear out and ended up taking loads of copies of cycling plus and cyclist mags to the tip. Had a cheeky read through of a few copies before deciding to chuck 'em out, and came across a review of wheelset upgrades. The Supras only got 2 out of 5 in the group test, and were slated for being heavy and a struggle on rolling courses with a reasonable number of climbs compared with others in the test. I'd looked at them too, but was put off due to lack of reviews. Not much help I suspect?
    Titus Silk Road Ti rigid 29er - Scott Solace 10 disc - Kinesis Crosslight Pro6 disc - Scott CR1 SL - Pinnacle Arkose X 650b - Pinnacle Arkose singlespeed - Specialized Singlecross...& an Ernie Ball Musicman Stingray 4 string...
  • jgsi
    jgsi Posts: 5,062
    Judging by your bike 'fleet'I think you oughtta be looking at much better factory wheels...
    Those you mention may have the looks you seek but will actually be slower probably than what you are currently using... and what is the point of that?
  • rokt
    rokt Posts: 493
    Your right ! Just looked at the weight....

I'm building up a 2014 Scott Foil, I picked the frame and fork up very cheap
    and it's new. I've managed to build with parts I already have, just need
    some wheels but didn't want to spend too much.

I'm trying to get a deal on some Mavic Cosmic Carbone SLS as we speak !
  • andi1363
    andi1363 Posts: 350
    I had a pair. I wanted to like them but they were heavy. Not sure if that was a real issue but was enough to make the voices speak. Saying that, they looked good, were stiff, had good bearings, and they seemed to roll well enough. Sold mine for £250 with tyres and cassette after about 200 miles.