Emperors new clothes

moefoemil
moefoemil Posts: 254
edited June 2015 in Your road bikes
Here's my Ribble Stealth. I've just added the 50mm carbon clinchers and have finally found a Lime Charge Spoon after months of looking! Your opinions will be appreciated (as long as they're nice :wink: )
The Giant STP is what I use for commuting to work and messing about.
Cheers. Gaz
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/eg2y9cohik4ct6v/AAAIdCWWryunIU0pnQoxNDjea?dl=0
Even a stopped clock tells the right time twice a day

Comments

• moefoemil
    image.jpg1_zpswqberoqo.jpg
  • tim_wand
    tim_wand Posts: 2,552
    Looks the Dogs!!!! Love the Paradox of a " Stealth Bike " With a lime Saddle

Whats the Wheelset?
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Looks fast, sat still
  • moefoemil
    Finally worked out how to post photos, just swapped from Dropbox to Photobox (much easier). Anyways,
    Thanks!! I've been after a Lime Charge Spoon for ages. As for the wheelset, they're 50mm Chinese clinchers on Novatek hubs.
  • t4tomo
    t4tomo Posts: 2,643
    In the flesh is the lime more green or more yellow? it's an option for one of my bikes
    Bianchi Infinito CV
    Bianchi Via Nirone 7 Ultegra
    Brompton S Type
    Carrera Vengeance Ultimate Ltd
    Gary Fisher Aquila '98
    Front half of a Viking Saratoga Tandem
  • moefoemil
    Personally I'd say it's definitely more yellow than green, the photo has actually caught the colour pretty well, the dust caps on my wheels are bright green if that helps show the true colour more
  • Lime bar tape, lose the caps and Robert is your mothers brother - looks good. :D
    All the gear, but no idea...
  • Gatorskins though?
  • moefoemil
    I had the Gatorskins on the wheels on my old bike. I got them for there puncture resistance qualities as I'm not a good enough rider to tell the difference between tyres :oops:
  • t4tomo
    t4tomo Posts: 2,643
    moefoemil wrote:
    Personally I'd say it's definitely more yellow than green, the photo has actually caught the colour pretty well, the dust caps on my wheels are bright green if that helps show the true colour more

cheers, probably not the solution for my green machine then.

Your stealth looks good btw, some matching bar tape is worth a try, although will be a pig to keep clean.
    Bianchi Infinito CV
    Bianchi Via Nirone 7 Ultegra
    Brompton S Type
    Carrera Vengeance Ultimate Ltd
    Gary Fisher Aquila '98
    Front half of a Viking Saratoga Tandem
  • Miles253
    Miles253 Posts: 535
    maybe half and half bar tape? Left hand yellow
    Canyon Roadlite AL-Shamal Wheels-Centaur/Veloce Group
    Canyon Ult CF SL- Spin Koppenberg-Ultegra group
  • moefoemil
    Thanks for the kind remarks :D I was thinking of lime bar tape but might just try and get some lime/Fluro shifter hoods instead. There is a couple of things I'm wanting to change, just for aesthetic purposes. (I just need to find someone wanting to do a swap with me :wink: )
    Firstly, I want to swap my seatpost for a plain Matt black carbon fibre one.
    Secondly, I want to swap my SRAM Force brake calipers for some Black ones, something like PlanetX or FSA.
    Once again, thanks for the thumbs up :D
  • moefoemil
    Since the above photos were taken I've changed a couple of things, I've now fitted black PlanetX light weight CNC brake calipers and have changed the Doval rings back to my Rotor NoQ's (found the shifting smoother/easier).
    I'm in the market for some new pedals, I'm currently planning on going for some Speedplay Zeros, but don't know whether to go for black or the bright green, which do you think I should go for?
    Opinions very much welcome!
  • ravey1981
    ravey1981 Posts: 1,111
    Nice bike, about the PX brakes though.... they're awful, and borderline dangerous in the wet. I've just ditched mine for some ultegras after a very scary moment..... They look trick and weigh nowt, but don't rely on them to get you out of a pickle.
  • moefoemil
    Nice bike, about the PX brakes though.... they're awful, and borderline dangerous in the wet. I've just ditched mine for some ultegras after a very scary moment..... They look trick and weigh nowt, but don't rely on them to get you out of a pickle.

Thanks for the heads up! Luckily, this is my good weather bike, hopefully I'll never get caught out in the rain on it!
  • Bordersroadie
    Bordersroadie Posts: 1,052
    I had the Gatorskins on the wheels on my old bike. I got them for there puncture resistance qualities as I'm not a good enough rider to tell the difference between tyres :oops:

If they're 23c Gators, they are the most unyielding tyre I've ever ridden. I'm a fan of (far more comfy) 25c Gators for winter night time riding but stick on some GP4000S or similar for more comfort. You will notice the difference!

Bike looks great by the way, it was on my shortlist before I went Ti.
  • moefoemil

If they're 23c Gators, they are the most unyielding tyre I've ever ridden. I'm a fan of (far more comfy) 25c Gators for winter night time riding but stick on some GP4000S or similar for more comfort. You will notice the difference!

Bike looks great by the way, it was on my shortlist before I went Ti.

They're the 25c Gators, I was thinking of trying something different tyre wise for the summer, I'll have to give the GP4000s a look.
    Thanks for the comments!