So what do you Lust ??

zak3737
zak3737 Posts: 370
edited July 2015 in Road general
Bit of fun, nothing more, but should that Finger point at you one day, and you could afford that Dream Bike.....what would it be ? Post pics !!

Here's mine.......I've refrained from dreaming all S-Works creations, cos whatever I do to my own physique, I wouldnt be as quick........
Roubaix Pro Race Disc
F75R1471-576x367.jpg

Comments

• bsharp77
    bsharp77 Posts: 533
    15-R5-profile-beauty-960x480-cd8b3e1f-279a-4190-af81-71f30a8e1364-0-960x480.jpg

Some day...... :(
  • mrushton
    mrushton Posts: 5,182
    Only 1? You could get the dream bike on finance?

For me, I'd have to have a C59 in both disc and rim brake variant. A Seven SLX, A Passoni, a custom fixed in Ti/Carbon then we get to IF, Parlee and maybe for the commute a Pinarello Razahk thing that mudguards go on
    M.Rushton
  • napoleond
    napoleond Posts: 5,992
    Custom Pegoretti Responsorium, paint job to be decided between my kids and Dario Pegoretti amongst themselves.
    Campag SR (Obvs)
    Lightweight Obermeyers
    Insta: ATEnduranceCoaching
    ABCC Cycling Coach
  • zak3737
    Only 1? You could get the dream bike on finance?

I could perhaps, but I'm trying to be restrained here !! ;-)
  • slowmart
    slowmart Posts: 4,474
    edited June 2015
    You lot dream about bikes?

Save your energy for pedalling you degenerates and Eva is certainly a lust..

Eva-green.jpg

If Eva's busy I'd settle for a C60 though with some light and exotic running gear

But if it came down to a sultry looking Eva or a sunny day and C60 I'm afraid I'd probably choose.......
    “Give a man a fish and feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and feed him for a lifetime. Teach a man to cycle and he will realize fishing is stupid and boring”

Desmond Tutu
  • ben@31
    ben@31 Posts: 2,327
    That cape can't be aero. But it adds bravery. Off to cycle down a ski jump and over 10 double decker buses... the usual commute to work for Evel Knievel.

At_Home_With_Evel_Knievel.jpg
    "The Prince of Wales is now the King of France" - Calton Kirby
  • ben@31
    ben@31 Posts: 2,327
    Or maybe one of these bikes. If I fancy winning a dozen Grand Tours or so. Is it di2 compatible...

eddy-merckx-world-champion.jpg
    "The Prince of Wales is now the King of France" - Calton Kirby
  • That cape can't be aero. But it adds bravery. Off to cycle down a ski jump and over 10 double decker buses... the usual commute to work for Evel Knievel.

At_Home_With_Evel_Knievel.jpg

Is that the OP? He keeps mentioning his 44 inch chest.
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    edited June 2015
    Roubaix Pro Race Disc
    F75R1471-576x367.jpg

Loving the slammed stem in that pic. Goes really well with the massive head tube.
    The gear that its in is quite apt too, and isn't the saddle a bit low?

Am Starting to like Roubaix's a lot more these days. Saw a really cute white Di2/Hydro one with black deep section wheels (it reminded me of a Panda Bear) that I thought would be great for the wife in a small frame size.
    I quite like the lime green ones too.

As I am liking Roubaix's a bit these days Zak (think of it as an olive branch), what non Specialized bike would you lust after/buy following a EuroMillions jackpot win?

The only bike I can think of 100% wanting after a lottery win is the McLaren Tarmac with matching shoes/helmet and wall stand.
    Would probably want two, one to ride and one to leave on the wall.
  • zak3737
    Carbonator - have you been drinking ?! ;-)

I'm only a Roubaix Pro Race Disc luster 'cos having an older Roubaix currently, I know it suits me, and my less than 'racing snake' build & abilities. :-)

That said, if a huge Lottery win drops into my account, off I'd pop to the next Bike Show and part with a few pennies...... ;-)
  • Anonymous
    Carbonator - have you been drinking ?! ;-)

Yes.
  • Nickshek
    Nickshek Posts: 27
    158486733.llrgHl5p.FerdinandsTMR0150.jpg
    I'd love to own one of these one day!
    FELT F5 // FFWD F6R-C
  • First.Aspect
    First.Aspect Posts: 14,498
    One of these...

Ti_Eriksen_NAHBS_2013.jpg

..... which, by a stroke of luck is what I have.
  • iron-clover
    iron-clover Posts: 737
    MG_6858.jpg

BMC SLR01 with SRAM Red and lightweight wheels.
    Perfect for smashing hills. 8)
  • mrushton
    mrushton Posts: 5,182
    Lightweights in all configurations of depth and brakes and some handbuilt Enves by eg Wheelsmith just for 'goofing about' with. All this kit btw is being stored in my hi-security service course where my personal bike tech will fettle the bikes ready for the call. Of course I will have a support car driven by said mechanic and all this will be happening somewhere not in the UK but in a day of the Alps/Dolomites or 2 hours flight to Majorca - Monaco might fill the bill. I will of course invite you all and let you loose with my extensive collection of wheels :D
    M.Rushton
  • IanRCarter
    IanRCarter Posts: 217
    It's hard to choose just one!
    For climbing days, Trek Emonda SLR with SRAM Red, wouldn't be difficult to get it sub 6kg.
    For pootling about, Spesh Venge with either SRAM Red or Ultegra Di2 (Dura Ace is a vile colour) and a nice set of 50mm+ deep carbon rims.
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,348
    Not sure why really but at the moment it's this -

warbird_carbon22_blk_16_sv_1440x960px.jpg
    (salsa warbird)

That said some Di2 and some pimpin' aero wheels for my genesis would also be rather super
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • DavidJB
    DavidJB Posts: 2,019
    I know why Ashley cheated on Cheryl...

I have what many would consider a 'dream bike' (Wilier Cento 1 Air, FFWD F6r, Record/Super record etc) but I always lust after others...a bit like Ashley...whatever you're riding you always want to ride something different.

For me I'd love the Look 795 Aerolight :O but the prices are just too insane!
  • Joeblack
    Joeblack Posts: 829
    I'd keep the two bikes I have now, cannondale ss and CAAD10 (too much time and love gone into them) but I'd add a c60 with some campag wheels and a DA Di2 group, some extralight chain rings and cranks, also a De Rosa Scandium with some Chris king bits and pacetti wheels,
    One plays football, tennis or golf, one does not play at cycling
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,596
    photo_02.jpg
    Well, it would be but I already have one like it.

My advice - Stop buying "make do" bikes. Buy the one you want, then stop.
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • simon_masterson
    simon_masterson Posts: 2,740
    I'd really like an updated (but not that much) version of my steel TT bike that was Boardman's - in 953 (or maybe another modern steel) with oversized top and downtubes, and the cut out seat tube and front stiffener/fairing that my frame has. With an aero carbon fork and some fancy modern wheels, an NOS Record 8 speed groupset. and some of those 3D printed titanium handlebars. Please.

Wouldn't say no to a UK Sport Innovations custom jobbie, or a Bolide, though. ;)
  • Nick Cod
    Nick Cod Posts: 321
    2016 Cube Agree C:62 SLT DISC
    2013 Cayo Evo 3
    2013 Zesty 414
    2002 Avalanche 0.0
    2018 Vitus Substance v2 105 Gravel
  • Anonymous
    I have two bikes I'm pining after (mainly on looks for the first one):

Pipedream: Giant Propel, with zipp 404 tubs, full Shimano dura ace Di2, finished with a Fizik antares saddle and 120mm stem and 40cm bars.

Realistic: Canyon Ultimate CF Sl 7.0
  • desweller
    desweller Posts: 5,175
    Something from Feather Cycles.
    - - - - - - - - - -
    On Strava.{/url}
  • 1412602139-Supersix%20EVO%20HM%20Nano.jpg

That was hard work on an iPad. Been wanting one of these for a while but not long enough that it affected my decision when buying a Madone 6 series, frustratingly.
  • okgo
    okgo Posts: 4,368
    Nothing, bikes are cheap, if I want something, I buy it!
    Blog on my first and now second season of proper riding/racing - www.firstseasonracing.com
  • Grill
    Grill Posts: 5,610
    I bought my dream bike(s). Nice not having a family... :D
    English Cycles V3 | Cervelo P5 | Cervelo T4 | Trek Domane Koppenberg
  • zak3737
    I bought my dream bike(s). Nice not having a family... :D

Wonder if you'll think the same as you get older.....
  • term1te
    term1te Posts: 1,462
    Nothing, bikes are cheap, if I want something, I buy it!

You can't buy class.