How long for a strain to fix itself?

ajoten
ajoten Posts: 321
I have a very minor pain in the back of my knee after a strenuous ride, which I reckon is a strain of some sort. It doesn't feel serious at all... but it's been there for 6 weeks. How long do you have to wait for these things to disappear?
Андрю
Alu is real.

Comments

• BrandonA
    BrandonA Posts: 553
    I have a very minor pain in the back of my knee after a strenuous ride, which I reckon is a strain of some sort. It doesn't feel serious at all... but it's been there for 6 weeks. How long do you have to wait for these things to disappear?

Not sure anyone can give you medical advise based on your short description and having no idea of your age or fitness. You say it is minor and yet you seem to contradict this by saying you've had it for 6 weeks - I don't think any minor pain lasts that long.
  • keef66
    keef66 Posts: 13,123
    +1 to that. If you've had the pain for 6 weeks it may be a sign that you've damaged something. Get yourself to a doctor or a sports physio.
  • kajjal
    kajjal Posts: 3,380
    Time to get it looked at. Also have you made any changes to your bike setup before that time as that can cause issues. I had my saddle slightly too high and got various knee pain. Dropped it down to a better height and pain quickly went away never to return. Increasing training without warming up /down or resting enough can cause problems as well.
  • diy
    diy Posts: 6,473
    Muscles a couple of weeks, ligaments and tendons a couple of months - neither will get better without rest.
  • sniper68
    sniper68 Posts: 2,910
    I've had what I thought was a strain at the back of my knee for about 6 weeks.
    I went to the Physio at work and it turns out i have something called a Bakers Cyst.
    http://www.nhs.uk/Conditions/Bakers-cyst/Pages/Introduction.aspx
    Mine's only small and with stretching/Ibuprofen should be sortable without surgery.There's no visible lump but once the Physio pointed out where to feel it is there.
    Get it looked at!