Garmin 510 Display changes- Ultegra Di2 wireless transmitter

dshwed
dshwed Posts: 5
edited June 2015 in Road general
I have a strange issue that I can't find a solution for.
First my set up.
2014 Cervelo S5
2015 Ultegra Di2 with wireless transmitter.
2015 Garmin 510 v 3.50

Now ... I have had the unfortunate experience to have my Garmin 510 screens changes on what appears to be some shifting sequence.

I have called Garmin, and they suggested that I lock the screen as it is probably something that is hitting the screen and changing the display. I tried that, and it still was changing displays.

Even a couple times it would show the Di2 gear trim screen, used to fine tune the gear and derailleur alignment.

I have searched the web and this is my last place to find a solution.

I really like the Di2, and if it means losing the wireless capability to show the current gear on my display. Well then I will take it, as the changing display is driving me crazy.

Anybody with experience in this ... I would be happy to hear from.

Dean

Comments

• coresare
    coresare Posts: 9
    2015 Cervelo S3 with the Ultegra Di2 and Shimano D-Fly unit with Garmin 510. No issues here.

I have never even seen a gear trim screen for fine tuning derailleur alignment. How do you get there?
  • dshwed
    I have no idea ... but it has come up.
    I will take a screen shot tonight, and post it.
    I wonder if it is a loose connection on my d-fly unit, that might be sending erroneous signals.
  • sigorman85
    sigorman85 Posts: 2,536
    Isn't there a function on the garmin that scrolls through the different data screens automatically maybe this is playing up either with di2 or the shift buttons are linked to the scroll option .... Just a stab in the dark
    When i die I just hope the wife doesn't sell my stuff for what I told her I paid for it other wise someone will be getting a mega deal!!!

De rosa superking 888 di2
  • dshwed
    Yeah I had talked to Garmin about this already. They went through the usual 1st level support stuff.
    - Turn off Auto Scroll
    - Lock the screen from the power button options, while in use.

To my surprise ... it still switched the screen when locked even.

Crazy stuff.

Dean
  • bernithebiker
    bernithebiker Posts: 4,148
    I have a Garmin 510 with the EWW0101 with DA9070 and it works very well - you get to the gear trim screen by holding the A box button to go into trim mode.

No idea why yours would be going to that screen by itself though.
  • Ultegra Di2 on a S5, urgh
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles