Top Gear...

thekickingmule
thekickingmule Posts: 7,957
edited June 2015 in The Crudcatcher
So, turns out the Top Gear bods have announced that Chris Evans will be presenting the new show!

I'm quite surprised, as he was getting quite pi$$ed off at people asking him, but maybe it was all because he wanted the job but didn't want to seem desperate.

Anywho, who do you think will join him?

http://www.topgear.com/uk/car-news/Chris-Evans-to-lead-new-Top-Gear-line-up-2016-06-16
It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
Blender Cube AMS Pro

Comments

• bg13
    bg13 Posts: 4,598
    The show had only just won me back when Clarkson went all rocky on his producer, cannot see Evans winning me as a viewer unless he starts knocking seven bells out of the production crew on a regular basis!
    Loving life in rural SW France

Orange 5 Pro
    Ribble Audax
    On One Scandal 29er
  • Rigga
    Rigga Posts: 939
    I think he is a great choice, a true petrolhead and a very polished presenter. Not to mention his La Ferrari and the rest of his ferrari collection. I'm looking forward to seeing who his Co presenters will be? Still can't see Guy Martin doing it, he doesn't do talking to cameras very well.
  • jamski
    jamski Posts: 737
    Very good appointment. The BBC might just get away with this and the show go onto bigger and better things.
    Daddy, Husband, Designer, Biker, Gamer, Geek
    Bird Aeris 120 | Boardman Team 650b | Boardman Pro FS | Calibre Two.two
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    Will be interesting to see which they go with this.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,859
    I see Evans overdoing it and it being a car crash - shame
  • tangled_metal
    tangled_metal Posts: 4,021
    I find Chris Evans completely annoying, always have. I doubt I'll watch it with him presenting. Guy Martin is the tt racer right? I like his TV shows he's done in the past but I doubt he'd fit in with others in top gear style programme. TG is dead as far as I'm concerned.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,294
    Guy Martin lamping Chris Evans on TV, that would be worth the licence fee all on it's own.
  • thekickingmule
    I can't see Guy Martin doing something in this sort of context where it's 'live'. A lot of people struggle to understand him when he's talking, so it wouldn't sell very well. Also, he's stopped doing a lot of TV and motorbike racing to concentrate on his mechanics business as he says that he's still a mechanic at the end of the day.
    It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • diy
    diy Posts: 6,473
    Evans is the wrong choice - He doesn't have the buffoon factor that Clarkson has. Can't see me watching it. Still it paves the way for a proper topgear somewhere else. Evans will just do TFI does cars. It will be dull.
  • thekickingmule
    He doesn't have the buffoon factor? Really? Have you ever seen TFI Friday or The Big Breakfast Show? The guy is a loon!

He just spoke on Radio 2 about how it all happened. He basically said that last Thursday he got a call from someone at the BBC asking if he'd be interested in the job, he spoke to a couple of people and decided that a) it's his favourite show ever b) his job is on radio and TV and he likes producing and presenting and c) it's one of the biggest programmes in the world and would be idiotic to turn down.

Can't say I blame him really, but I still wonder who will be his co-presenters.

Oh also, apparently until Thursday last week, Richard and James had been considering returning (they'd had HUGE offers!) but when they turned it down, the call to Chris was made.
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • diy
    diy Posts: 6,473
    There is a huge difference between being c**k and a t**t
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,294
    The Mash looks to have got it pretty much spot on. :lol:

I agree that Guy Martin probably won't do it, I hope not anyway. But I'd still like to see him punch Evans.
  • rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    They should have let Top Gear die when they fired Clarckson. He was a c**t but he was the right c**t for the job. Hammond & May were only ever just extras.