Bike leans slightly to the left

richard36
richard36 Posts: 346
I've noticed when riding that my bike leans slightly to the left. I say this because when I look down at my front wheel I can see some of the right hand rim at the bottom. Does anyone know why this happens and is it something I should be trying to correct?

Thanks

Comments

• imposter2.0
    imposter2.0 Posts: 12,028
    If it leant to the left, you would be constantly correcting a desire for the bike to turn left. Does this happen?
  • slowmart
    slowmart Posts: 4,474
    Just because you can see the right rim doesn't mean your bike is leaning one way or another. It could mean your seated on the pi55?

Bike's are stable, its rider input that is the issue usually or aspects such as road camber...

Or was your bike owned by Ed Milliband?
    “Give a man a fish and feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and feed him for a lifetime. Teach a man to cycle and he will realize fishing is stupid and boring”

Desmond Tutu
  • mamba80
    mamba80 Posts: 5,032
    Just because you can see the right rim doesn't mean your bike is leaning one way or another. It could mean your seated on the pi55?

Bike's are stable, its rider input that is the issue usually or aspects such as road camber...

Or was your bike owned by Ed Milliband?

Stem not in line with the front wheel ?
  • crispybug2
    crispybug2 Posts: 2,915
    Felt I had the same problem too.

A set of rollers, after a couple of falls, sorted it out.
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,435
    wheel not fully seated in dropouts?
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • rafletcher
    rafletcher Posts: 1,235
    It's an optical illusion - to do with which is your dominant eye - really.
  • drlodge
    drlodge Posts: 4,826

I was thinking this - I have the same illusion on all my bikes, so it has to be me!
    WyndyMilla Massive Attack | Rourke 953 | Condor Italia 531 Pro | Boardman CX Pro | DT Swiss RR440 Tubeless Wheels
    Find me on Strava
  • I've noticed when riding that my bike leans slightly to the left. I say this because when I look down at my front wheel I can see some of the right hand rim at the bottom. Does anyone know why this happens and is it something I should be trying to correct?

Thanks

Bikes are made by machine, probably less than 1/100ths of mm differences between one frame and the next. Humans are natural and not symmetrical. I would say maybe you lean to the left so the bike follows...
  • jgsi
    jgsi Posts: 5,062
    as mentioned.. get on some rollers...kill or cure for leaning.
  • gethinceri
    gethinceri Posts: 1,510
    This.
  • me-109
    me-109 Posts: 1,915
    Have you tried 'dressing to the right'?
  • dork_knight
    dork_knight Posts: 405
    This is just based on personal findings but I have something similar happen, I find that when cycling in a straight line the top tube can be close and sometimes rubbing the inside of one of my knees as well as the feeling/look of the bike being tilted.

This was more severe and noticeable for me when I had dislocated discs in the lower back, this will also make me grip the handlebars at slightly different locations due to reach/flexibility issues.

I've found that gripping and pulling on the handlebars at certain points, imagining not being able to extend one arm as far as the other, gives the bike that tilting feeling due to the position/weight your body is shifting to so that it can accommodate such a position.... basically not sitting or being able to sit correctly at times causes the odd positions.
    The path of my life is strewn with cowpats from the devil's own satanic herd.