Gallina vecchia... He's at it again.

debeli
debeli Posts: 583
edited June 2015 in The cake stop
Valentinik, The Doctor, Rossifumi...

Call him what you will. He is at it again. I do not see much prospect of him winning another title, but I am quite staggered that he is leading one after three rounds.

He is beating the likes of Lorenzo and (sometimes by default) Marquez and the hobbled Pedrosa. He's also ahead of the newly Audi-funded Ducatis.

Unless Marquez crooks himself and misses a lot of races, I cannot see Rossi finishing higher than second in the championship, but to be leading after three rounds is beautiful. Good soup indeed!

It makes me feel young again, although I can't help noticing that I am not.

Comments

• veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,249
    Makes it more interesting, and he certainly is very 'appy.
  • debeli
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Makes it more interesting, and he certainly is very 'appy.

In his early years his press conferences were almost as entertaining as his dices with Biaggi and Gibernau.

He was eternally either "veery 'appy" or "no' veery ''appy". I was so pleased that his post-podium comments at the weekend noted that he was veery 'appy.
  • veronese68
    Very true. I saw a clip recently where he was asked to sum up Marquez in 3 words without swearing. He replied "F'cking little sh!t". Unfortunately can't find a link just now.
  • debeli
    ... And he still leads the championship after Italy...

I'd have quite liked to see the Ducatis smoke everyone on the long straights of Mugello, but clearly Yamaha have breathed some new life into the aged M1 or whatever it is called these days.

And Marquez isn't out of it yet.... He'll be up and punching again once he stops falling off and must remain a good bet for the crown.

But really... How is Rossi still leading the championship in June?

He is a phenomenon....
  • MisterMuncher
    MisterMuncher Posts: 1,302
    I got him each way for the championship at 10/1 before the season started. Looking increasingly like a decent wager, that.

He's still glorious to watch.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    Oh yes, I remember, Max Biaggi:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YiCHgOiLW9s
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • veronese68
    ... And he still leads the championship after Italy...

But really... How is Rossi still leading the championship in June?

He is a phenomenon....

Still leading by 1 point, really hope he manages to hold on to it.
    If Marques had just clipped the back of Lorenzo's bike and taken him out imagine what that would have done for the next few races. :shock:
  • debeli
    I watched on ITV4 last night.... An excellent result for Yamaha, who seem to have sorted the M1 again.

I still think Marquez can do it - and might.

Jorge seems to have an advantage over Valentinik, but I'd love to see them go fairing to fairing. They really are both so excellent.

I'm pleased and surprised by the Ducati effort this year, with riders who are good but not top-drawer. The Audi money and know-how seems to be rubbing off.

And Suzuki.... OK, the race didn't happen for them, but they smashed qualifying.

Still... Much as I'd love a VR win, I thin the championship is between JL and MM, with the Yamaha favourite.

My only concern is that there have been too many races this year where one or two have been so far ahead... it is like the early 90s, when nobody could stay with the factory bikes and there were tiny grids with huge winning margins. Be careful, MotoGP....