4 bike towbar mounted rack & Brittany Ferries

hellybike
hellybike Posts: 3
edited September 2017 in Family & kids cycling forum
Hello
Has anyone got experience of Brittany Ferries & managing the ramps with an Atera Strada 3+1 towbar mounted bike rack?
We have managed on Hull P&O Ok but have had a few issues over speedbumps / reversing up driveways recently so don't want to bottom out the rack.
Also, anyone know whether if we go on the economie ferry whether there is ANY chance we'd be put on the deck for the bikes to get sprayed with salt water?
Thank you

Comments

• hellybike
    hellybike Posts: 3
    Thank you for taking the time to reply - we'll get that checked out. Our most recent one was trying to reverse up a slightly inclined drive - we do appreciate it is sticking out from the car but sometimes we're gritting our teeth that we're not going to get 'the noise'
  • If you are going on the fast cat with bikes on the roof you often have to reverse up the ramp and park right at the back in the spray. On the bigger ships most cars are under cover. The advantage of reversing on is that you get to be first off, but I would have thought with a bike rack on the back you'll just be in with all the other cars.
  • Pdod
    Pdod Posts: 3
    hellybike,

Just looking at whether our atera bike rack might ground on ferry ramps as it does on my in-law's drive and you post came up. Just wondering if you had any problems on the ferry? I know it was a while a go. Thanks.