Garmin/Strava issue

Hale31
Hale31 Posts: 2
edited June 2015 in Road general
Hi, I'm just wondering if anyones had an issue with files uploading directly from garmin connect to strava. Regularly when i use stationary trainer whether it's turbo or rollers the file will upload to my garmin connect fine all the stats are fine i.e. time, distance, speed, power, heart rate but then when it uploads to strava the activity shows the time as only a few seconds (this last time 4 seconds) the speed is showing an average of 94mph! with a max of 0.04 mph?! but then it shows my heart rate normally on the graph. Is anyone able to shed any light on this as it's proving to be quite annoying. Cheers! :)

Comments

• BrandonA
    BrandonA Posts: 553
    Are you recording gps into the FIT file?
  • Are you changing the ride type to 'stationary trainer'?
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • dowtcha
    dowtcha Posts: 442
    Strava is a GPS tracking site, without GPS data it will not show your workout. Some newer turbo's like the bkool generate GPS data and those rides will show up. When uploading turbo rides select stationary trainer.
  • me-109
    me-109 Posts: 1,915
    ^or better still, go into the settings on the Garmin and turn off the GPS tracking. That way it records the rest of the ride data and Strava knows it's a trainer ride.