Eurosport Player, New Version...Different Issues

Bobbinogs
Bobbinogs Posts: 4,841
edited June 2015 in The cake stop
I notice that there was a big update yesterday which seems to have taken a product that was flaky and turned it into a product that is, errm, flaky.

When I go to full screen mode on my laptop (running Windows and connected to my TV) I cannot seem to get rid of the channel option info boxes on the RHS. I would put up with this if the boxes were small but they're fairly intrusive. Has anyone else got this problem and/or worked out how to solve it?

I have emailed Eurosport but their support is pretty much in line with a £3 a month service.

Comments

• timothyw
    timothyw Posts: 2,482
    For me they disappear when I click in the center of the screen (so on the video feed).
  • Bobbinogs
    mmm, that could work! I will give it a go later on the CdD. Previously the on screen data disappeared when the cursor was moved off screen so I tried all combinations of that last night but didn't click on the screen itself. Many thanks.

Last night I ended up having to watch the CdD coverage on ITV4. Ned and Millar don't half make cycling seem like a dull sport!

EDIT: Yepp, that worked a treat. I can't seem to get the new version working in IE or Safari but it works fine in Firefox and Chrome.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,321
    Can I whinge about the stuttering, even on 'Video' mode, which is what I used to watch the Giro?

I pay £3.99 a month. What gives?
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • pinno
    The stuttering is even worse now in the new format. Any ideas on how to fix it?
  • jgsi
    jgsi Posts: 5,062
    The beta player was ok re quality... now more and more it is down to JustinTV crapness of playback.. I think they messed up with how SIlverlight can function as it did previously in proper hd .
    I wlil make my opinions known when they send me the final user experience feedback email.
  • pinno
    I sent them a message via the Help section. We shall see what (if any) response I get.

Taps fingers...counts days to TdF. I am loathed to listen to Leggit and Sherbert on ITV4.
  • Bobbinogs
    Yeah that stuttering is dreadful. I thought it was down to the browser I was using (Mozilla) but obviously not. Ho hum, another email to Eurosport...