RIPs

capt_slog
capt_slog Posts: 3,946
edited June 2015 in The cake stop
Both Christopher Lee and Ron Moody have passed away today, ages 93 and 91.

Christopher Lee was always Dracula to me and many others of my generation, but best know to my lads as Saruman from Lord of the Rings.

I'll always remember Ron Moody singing "I'm reviewing,the situation" from Oliver, one of my favourite bits in films.

The older I get, the better I was.

Comments

• tangled_metal
    tangled_metal Posts: 4,021
    For those of an infantile nature you might remember Christopher Lee also had a cameo in the Simpsons. IIRC Bart got a game that was linked to Christopher Lee that was not complete so they complained and he came to drop off the missing part IIRC in a bus. To which the reply was "I thought you were dead". I think it was him anyway, or was it the other Hammer films actor that was well known back then? no I think it was Lee.

IIRC Hammer films tended to be about low neckline bloused attractive ladies and a really camp scary evil character. Also IIRC Lee played good and bad in the Hammer films I think at different times.
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,401
    :(:cry::cry:
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • oldhairylegs
    oldhairylegs Posts: 220
    I grew up watching Christopher Lee films and loved them all; he was a fine actor.

Until now, I never knew he was also a war hero, and like all true heroes, he never spoke about it much:

http://forces.tv/60797077

What a man.
    RIP Sir.
  • Lookyhere
    Lookyhere Posts: 987
    I grew up watching Christopher Lee films and loved them all; he was a fine actor.

Until now, I never knew he was also a war hero, and like all true heroes, he never spoke about it much:

http://forces.tv/60797077

What a man.
    RIP Sir.

well i never! always thought he was just another screen lovey...... also the 91yo woman who died alone 2 years ago, 3 people went to her funeral, turned out she worked for Mi5 and kept a working machine gun in her house..... how many other hero's and heroines take their secrets, alone to the grave - we dont look after the people we owe our freedoms too do we?
  • awavey
    awavey Posts: 2,368
    For those of an infantile nature you might remember Christopher Lee also had a cameo in the Simpsons. IIRC Bart got a game that was linked to Christopher Lee that was not complete so they complained and he came to drop off the missing part IIRC in a bus. To which the reply was "I thought you were dead". I think it was him anyway, or was it the other Hammer films actor that was well known back then? no I think it was Lee.

no that was Vincent Price.
  • Don't forget James Last,86,the German band-leader whose LP was being aired by the local Falklands
    Island DJ when the Argentinians invaded in '83,stormed the radio station and demanded that this
    'Happy music' be stopped and the invasion announced!
    Not my cup of tea but all those who bought his music and kept him at the top for so long can't be wrong.
    I disapprove of what you say but will defend....your right to say it. Francois-Marie Arouet Voltaire08 Cotic Soda-deceased!10 Bianchi 928 c2c23 Marin Nicasio2