a bike service...

West2014
West2014 Posts: 7
edited June 2015 in Road beginners
Hi everyone, I'm new to the forum been road biking about 2 years, I take my bike for a yearly service just to keep on top of things, I've never really wanted to play around with it myself lol.
Anyway I brought it back from a service today from a local shop and I'm a little disappointed. I had a bronze service which I'm aware is basic but they didn't really seem to do anything. My chain is rubbing on the small chain ring, should this of been picked up in a basic service ? A few other things too just wondering if anyone could help me out!

Comments

• imposter2.0
    imposter2.0 Posts: 12,028
    What did the shop say when you told them?
  • West2014
    Haven't phoned them yet! Going to call tomorrow just feel a little bit let down as on the phone they assured me there where through. Thanks for reply, any good shops you know of in the south wakes area?
  • Record11Ti
    Record11Ti Posts: 74
    Curious - what gear combination and what drive system are you running? If you had the chain crossed - of course it rubbed.
  • West2014
    I have a specialized allez 2012 model I'm not to sure
  • Go back, ask for manager, ask them what they did, show them what your concerns are, give them a chance to rectify. If no luck or still unsatisfied, explain why.

If no further satisfaction, diss them as much as you like. Until then, you have not let them rectify your complaints.
    All the gear, but no idea...
  • iPete
    iPete Posts: 6,076
    Buy a tool kit, buy a workstand, buy a book or tablet/youtube and learn how to do these things yourself.

Never rely on a bike shop again, save loads of money, fix things as and when needed etc.
  • dj58
    dj58 Posts: 2,216
    Do this first
    Go back, ask for manager, ask them what they did, show them what your concerns are, give them a chance to rectify. If no luck or still unsatisfied, explain why.

If no further satisfaction, diss them as much as you like. Until then, you have not let them rectify your complaints.

Regardless of the outcome, do this
    iPete wrote:
    Buy a tool kit, buy a workstand, buy a book or tablet/youtube and learn how to do these things yourself.

Never rely on a bike shop again, save loads of money, fix things as and when needed etc.
  • secretsam
    secretsam Posts: 5,098
    Hi everyone, I'm new to the forum been road biking about 2 years, I take my bike for a yearly service just to keep on top of things, I've never really wanted to play around with it myself lol.
    Anyway I brought it back from a service today from a local shop and I'm a little disappointed. I had a bronze service which I'm aware is basic but they didn't really seem to do anything. My chain is rubbing on the small chain ring, should this of been picked up in a basic service ? A few other things too just wondering if anyone could help me out!

LOL I've got an LBS like that. Won't buy so much as a tube from them now.

It's just a hill. Get over it.
  • West2014
    Thanks everyone for your advice all sorted now !! Going to take your advice and get a bike stand and some tools !!
  • Tell us what happened :wink:
    All the gear, but no idea...