God loves me Friday

Flâneur
Flâneur Posts: 3,081
edited June 2015 in The bottom bracket
Humid here rather than sunny, but all better than rain and wind eh.

Everyone have a good pig breakfast or curry thursday?

Went out to grab some cake for the team (moral boost may be needed as the girls sharpen their claws on each other). Cake reduced in M&S to a quid, dine in for 10 was on (with duck breast as a main) and then I went to Rococo for a chocolate or two for my date, and the lovely lass gave me a chocolate for free on the side.

Now what is about to go wrong. Bet there isn't haribo in my wiggle order, or worse my wiggle order is pina in a box
Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
Crudder
CX
Toy

Comments

• homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 8,008
    I've just got a new Dewalt cordless drill/impact driver set to help me with my current project.

Gonna do some brick laying in the garden this afternoon as it's sunny but tomorrow will see heavy rain so may as well get on with surveying our house and design the proposed extension.

Will there be bike? It depends on the weather I guess.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,298
    Afternoon all,
    Just got back from eating multiple varieties for fried dead pig, delicious. They've recently got a coffee machine in. I was horrified when somebody walked in today and ordered a caramel latte. Bear in mind this is a traditional greasy spoon in a bit of a rough area. I think getting a shotgun out from under the counter and blowing his head off would have been a fair and proportionate response. Places like that should only serve tea strong enough to stand a spoon in.
    Rant over. Glad it's Fryday, looking forward to a lazy day tomorrow although I doubt I manage it. Need to buy the old man a birthday present before Sunday.
    I might have a kip now. Have fun folks...

ETA: Oooh, I do like a nice drill HD. Li-ion, what voltage?
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,862
    Been in meetings and still not had lunch :(

Pub later :)
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    Belting down outside, rainy, windy, foggy - can't see nowt, so been out in middle of nowhere all day.

Absolutely brilliant fun.

Now drip drying with coffee deciding whether to get drunk or get drunk tonight post weights/turbo work out.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • verylonglegs
    verylonglegs Posts: 3,954
    Developed a flu like illness on Tuesday and only just got upright again today, I sweated more than during any of my bike rides this year. Despite the forecast telling me it's 23degC and humid I'm wearing a winter jumper and shivering even when I sat in the sun for 10mins, very weird sensation. On the mend now hopefully, TMS on the radio and slouching on the sofa this evening. No friday night beer, my body couldn't take it.
  • Matthewfalle
    Developed a flu like illness on Tuesday and only just got upright again today, I sweated more than during any of my bike rides this year. Despite the forecast telling me it's 23degC and humid I'm wearing a winter jumper and shivering even when I sat in the sun for 10mins, very weird sensation. On the mend now hopefully, TMS on the radio and slouching on the sofa this evening. No friday night beer, my body couldn't take it.

Guinness is good for you - remember that!

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • I've just got a new Dewalt cordless drill/impact driver set to help me with my current project.

Gonna do some brick laying in the garden this afternoon as it's sunny but tomorrow will see heavy rain so may as well get on with surveying our house and design the proposed extension.

Balcony?
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 8,008
    If only I could flaunt the planning regs...
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,325
    Afternoon all,
    Just got...now. Have fun folks...

I bought a DeWalt 14.4v cordless 5 years ago. Fantastic drill, just about worn it out after so much use. I think i'll get an 18v one to replace it. Apparently, the battery will last a bit longer and you can do more than putting screws in with it. I did use mine for masonry and with a wire wheel quite often.

Good pedal today bar the midge's and flying things getting stuck in the SPF 50 stuff I was plastered in.

Might start some threads about the dangers of helmets, balconies, estate agents and carbon bikes later as it's a Friday night in for me and there is a desperate need for a health and safety officer on these forums.

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Flâneur
    Flâneur Posts: 3,081
    Always have a helmet on the balcony?

Do london estate agents now ride fixies or they still on the mini/smart car gimmick
    Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • Matthewfalle
    Afternoon all,
    Just got...now. Have fun folks...

I bought a DeWalt 14.4v cordless 5 years ago. Fantastic drill, just about worn it out after so much use. I think i'll get an 18v one to replace it. Apparently, the battery will last a bit longer and you can do more than putting screws in with it. I did use mine for masonry and with a wire wheel quite often.

Good pedal today bar the midge's and flying things getting stuck in the SPF 50 stuff I was plastered in.

Might start some threads about the dangers of helmets, balconies, estate agents and carbon bikes later as it's a Friday night in for me and there is a desperate need for a health and safety officer on these forums.

Laters.

Count me in for that as I'm about to open a bottle of red.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Matthewfalle
    I've just got a new Dewalt cordless drill/impact driver set to help me with my current project.

Balcony?

Roof terrace?

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,325
    Humid here...Now what is about to go wrong. Bet there isn't haribo in my wiggle order, or worse my wiggle order is pina in a box

Guaranteed if I got into your parcel from Wiggle, there will be no Haribo left.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • team47b
    team47b Posts: 6,425
    Strange day, went out did 10km on the bike, too hot, came home and straight away did 60 minutes on the rollers, as it was cooler in the house :D
    my isetta is a 300cc bike
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,466
    Long hard day and I wasn't even working, but plenty of emails await. Will head south probably tomorrow at some point if I get all my other shizzle done.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]