New GPS tracker on bikes in Criterium Dauphine

Highlander284
Highlander284 Posts: 3
edited June 2015 in Road general
Numerous riders/bikes in Dauphine yesterday had a GPS tracker saddle mounted , anybody got any information on what they are?

Comments

• germcevoy
    germcevoy Posts: 414
    Numerous riders/bikes in Dauphine yesterday had a GPS tracker saddle mounted , anybody got any information on what they are?

They are trialling some geolocation tech in preparation for the tour.

http://inrng.com/2015/06/geolocation-telemetry-dauphine/
  • Many thanks Germcevoy, that's really interesting thanks...Having read the article probably not what I'm after, when I'm away touring in Scotland was hoping to find some sort of GPS tracker that my family could follow at home on laptop etc... I know there are apps that can be used for Garmin/ smartphones to relay real time position back to a smartphone, but does anyone know of an app for iPad that could be used for such a thing? Cheers
  • BrandonA
    BrandonA Posts: 553
    Many thanks Germcevoy, that's really interesting thanks...Having read the article probably not what I'm after, when I'm away touring in Scotland was hoping to find some sort of GPS tracker that my family could follow at home on laptop etc... I know there are apps that can be used for Garmin/ smartphones to relay real time position back to a smartphone, but does anyone know of an app for iPad that could be used for such a thing? Cheers

A smart phone running and a Garmin Edge will achieve what I think you are after. If you install Connect on your phone and connect the Edge to the phone you can do live tracking.
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Try an app called Glimpse