Stop being lazy monday

Flâneur
Flâneur Posts: 3,081
edited June 2015 in The bottom bracket
Boss wants me to spend half a Friday in London on some course. I consider that a win, weekend in London with work paying for the transport.

Otherwise sunny and blustery. Sunday was spent being lazy in the sun over brunch with date girl.

Ankle is fuber, still horrendously swollen and the consultant is now becoming concerned (18 ish weeks later) and may push the operation to June/July
Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
Crudder
CX
Toy

Comments

• team47b
    team47b Posts: 6,425
    Broke an ancient terracotta floor tile on my back step, strangely enough the twelfth century church nearby has the same floor tiles, well they have one less now! If He wants it back He can simply ask me for it, He knows where I live what with all that omnipotence malarkey :D

Watching cement dry.

Tomorrow I will paint the riser.

Tough week :D
    my isetta is a 300cc bike
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,453
    Started out uneventful then one of my minions resigned, so I am back on the recruitment trail again. Ho hum, at least it's a chande to bring in who I want. In other news, pedallig to work has knackered me out and I am still hungry after demolishing a big plate of sweet n sour chicken. Time to raid the fridge...
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,861
    good ride in, but the ride home was mucked up by water falling from the sky!
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,318
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Started out uneventful then one of my minions resigned, so I am back on the recruitment trail again. Ho hum, at least it's a chande to bring in who I want. In other news, pedalli g to work has knackered me out and I am still hungry after demolishing a big plate of sweet n sour chicken. Time to raid the fridge...

I'll do it. i'll do it... Only joking. Why do your minions drop off like fly's? Is it because you whip them too often?

Now listen here grammar boy, have a look at the stuff you scribbled.

@ Sae15w40 - You could always meet up with the executive chimp 666. God forbid, imagine doing that? :shock:
    @T47. Are there any more of them? I fancy some decorative tiles. Mind you, no point posting them is there?
    @matth. It's only water, MTFU.

Busy busy busy day today. Well farqed, especially after turning the tables on a gnarly dog last night [See thread in road general regarding Wirral cyclist].

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,861
    I was working on my tan lines
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Started out uneventful then one of my minions resigned, so I am back on the recruitment trail again. Ho hum, at least it's a chande to bring in who I want. In other news, pedalli g to work has knackered me out and I am still hungry after demolishing a big plate of sweet n sour chicken. Time to raid the fridge...

I'll do it. i'll do it... Only joking. Why do your minions drop off like fly's? Is it because you whip them too often?

At least my c0ck ups are due to trying to post from a phone, whereas you've already been told about your apostrophe problems but you still can't get it right :wink:

As for minions dropping like flies, one got oesophogeal cancer (as well as needing a heart bypass), another's wife died when he had already maxed out on his final salary pension. This last one hadn't exactly covered himself in glory but was smart enough to see the writing on the wall. So it's upgrade time again. All part of the Exec Chimp grand plan :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo_666
    sa0u823e wrote:
    Ankle is fuber, still horrendously swollen and the consultant is now becoming concerned (18 ish weeks later) and may push the operation to June/July
    Sounds like you won't be headed for Wales later this month - might be worth contacting BPW and getting a refund on the uplift booking?
  • Flâneur
    Flâneur Posts: 3,081
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    sa0u823e wrote:
    Sounds like you won't be headed for Wales later this month - might be worth contacting BPW and getting a refund on the uplift booking?

You can get a refund? I assumed it was non refundable and was going to see when the operation was going to be.

And I'm ok with pubs and meeting people, except piña but I'd never impose n say hey I'm around come greet your king.
    Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • pinno
    sa0u823e wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    sa0u823e wrote:

You can get a refund? I assumed it was non refundable and was going to see when the operation was going to be.

And I'm ok with pubs and meeting people, except piña but I'd never impose n say hey I'm around come greet your king.

I would.

Whats' wring with you're unkle?
  • pinno
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

At least my c0ck ups are due to trying to post from a phone, whereas you've already been told about your apostrophe problems but you still can't get it right :wink:

As for minions dropping like flies, one got oesophogeal cancer (as well as needing a heart bypass), another's wife died when he had already maxed out on his final salary pension. This last one hadn't exactly covered himself in glory but was smart enough to see the writing on the wall. So it's upgrade time again. All part of the Exec Chimp grand plan :)

Boy, you don't half know how to grind someone's gonads don't you?*

Cancer, overspending and lack of confidence leading to ineptitude. My Gulag pale's into insignificance.
  • pinno
    team47b wrote:
    Broke...malarkey :D

Watching cement dry.

Tomorrow I will paint the riser.

Tough week :D

"make risers low and treads deep". Whatever the hell that means.
  • Stevo_666
    sa0u823e wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    sa0u823e wrote:

Yep, take a squizz at the confirmation email they sent you: if you cancel more than 8 days before you get your money back minus a fiver. Or you can shift the booking to another date free of charge, but only really any good if there is a definite alternative date to go for.
  • Stevo_666
    Boy, you don't half know how to grind someone's gonads don't you?*
    Speak for yourself, I prefer grinding ladybits :P
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,297
    Evening all,
    It was definitely Monday today. Bit weary after pedalling to Brighton yesterday. Furthest I've pedalled for a while and I was done for by the time we got there, I reckon Stevo could have got up Ditchling Beacon faster than me. had to drive the old man's car in today to get some work done on it so no pedalling, will ride in tomorrow though. Hopefully I'll get a chance to kip at my desk tomorrow.
  • pinno
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Evening all,
    It was definitely Monday today. Bit weary after pedalling to Brighton yesterday. Furthest I've pedalled for a while and I was done for by the time we got there, I reckon Stevo could have got up Ditchling Beacon faster than me. had to drive the old man's car in today to get some work done on it so no pedalling, will ride in tomorrow though. Hopefully I'll get a chance to kip at my desk tomorrow.

Bollox.

Ditchling Beacon isn't a tough climb V68. I suppose that after you have coughed up one of your lungs then, it's L'Alpe D'Huez. I remember cycling over it just as soon as the Wincanton Classic was announced and thinking what would the pro's do over this. The climb didn't have any effect on the race. Later, Gianni Bugno shot up Wilson Avenue in the big chain ring :shock: Now, if you've been up Wilson Avenue...
  • Stevo_666
    Veronese68 wrote:
    I reckon Stevo could have got up Ditchling Beacon faster than me.
    I actually had a good go up Ditchling Beacon on the L2B two years ago - no dabbing and managed to overtake quite a few blokes in team kit with expensive looking bikes who really weren't amused to be passed by a couple of middle aged blokes on hybrids wearing trainers and baggy shorts :)
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,297
    Ditchling Beacon isn't a tough climb V68.
    Completely agree, it was me. Total lack of mileage this year made it a real struggle. I'd ridden a few miles by then and was done for. Couldn't have gone any slower without falling over, very disappointing. Made the beer I had at my sister's all the sweeter. No way I could have ridden home so was very grateful for the lift with my folks, even if I had to share the back seat with my kids.