the one, the only, Friday

Flâneur
Flâneur Posts: 3,081
edited June 2015 in The bottom bracket
Yeah some of us actually work and so today is the last day of the 'normal' working week. Protein shake consumed, no fry ups here.

Not sure how today will pan out but I do need to clean the house before tomorrow.

Knowledge advice (BB and proper) but recommendations for bike rack, roof or rear and brands to use/ stay away?
Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
Crudder
CX
Toy

Comments

• homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 7,977
    No fried pig based products for me as the needle is still in use so I have a feeling it would be waste of good meat.

I suppose I should woman up and make an apointment at the doctors to see if they can kill the little bastard bugs swimming about in my stomach.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • slowmart
    slowmart Posts: 4,474
    cous cous for lunch here and gammon, egg and chips for tea and just under my daily calorie goal.

Moving forward on that debt collection and a bbq for tomorrow and any excess consumption will be balanced out on Sunday's ride....

Have a great day all..
    “Give a man a fish and feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and feed him for a lifetime. Teach a man to cycle and he will realize fishing is stupid and boring”

Desmond Tutu
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Blimey, it's afternoon already. Going to lunch with the Mrs in a short while, hopefully the rain will hold off whilst I ride there. Reasonably busy morning in the office, hopefully the afternoon will be a bit quieter. Quiet day tomorrow and riding to Brighton on Sunday.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,166
    sa0u823e wrote:
    Knowledge advice (BB and proper) but recommendations for bike rack, roof or rear and brands to use/ stay away?
    I've had the Thule 591 for several years - works for any type of bike from roadie to downhill and never had an 'incident'. Good quality piece of kit and I prefer roof bars as it doesn't cause havoc when you forget to load something in the back of the car.

In other news, a bit tired after drinking one too many last night and consuming horrific amounts of calories at an American 'diner' down in Soho last night. So pedalling off the lard this morning was essential. That said, my mate who I met definitely needs to pedal off more than a few calories; he was never the lightest but when I met him, I felt like singing the intro chant to a Roy 'Chubby' Brown live performance :)

Work not too busy this afternoon so should have a nice warm ride home through the London rush hour.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • laurentian
    laurentian Posts: 2,372
    Fish and Chips just about to be delivered into the office . . . always signals the start of the weekend - weather looks OK for a couple of decent days riding on Saturday and Sunday. Happy Days
    Wilier Izoard XP
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,196
    Crudders worrying about calories !? Can I suggest actually peddling up hills?

Just another normal day in Jockland. Weather was monssoonish and so it was more rollers...

End of a long week. Nest week will be worse. No rest for the wicked.

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Stevo_666
    Can I suggest actually peddling up hills?
    What should I sell when I've managed to get up these hills? :wink:
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,196
    Stevo 666 wrote:

You're on form. Whisky is it?

Tax avoidance packages?
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo 666 wrote:

You're on form. Whisky is it?

Tax avoidance packages?
    Having a night off the grog tonight. Got a good house warming barbie to go to tomorrow afternoon so will resume then. And it's in the middle of a MTB trail centre, so double win.